Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News... FAVRE ASKS FOR RELEASE!

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Breaking News... FAVRE ASKS FOR RELEASE!

SCREW FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldn't give it to him. he has 3 years left on his current contract that HE has failed to fulfill. he has strung the Packers organization along with his BS for the last couple of years. now he wants to play elsewhere??? that's a slap in the face to the Packer diehards who have supported him throughout his career. what a jerkoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DrewBlueFan
    Mine won't either. He'll always be the guy that when the chips are down will throw the ball to the other team. He's also a drama queen that enjoys these will he or won't he moments more than anything. Please just go away Brett.
    this is like the most sacre-religious thing you can say in nfl circles. yet i'm there. the last couple years of this nonsense, its old. it's the nfl equivalent of the latest britney mishap. we don't care any more

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    this is like the most sacre-religious thing you can say in nfl circles. yet i'm there. the last couple years of this nonsense, its old. it's the nfl equivalent of the latest britney mishap. we don't care any more
    I understand what you're saying, and I agree that it gets old. The Packers were always my favorite team when I was little and before I moved to Buffalo, so I have a huge soft spot for the guy. I was so disappointed when he decided he wanted to play again next year, and couldnt believe when I heard the news that he asked the Packers to release him.

However, to say it's equivalent to a britney mishap is a hyperbole at best. Say what you will about Favre, but he's always been passionate and sincere. His only crime here was jumping the gun and committing to retirement before truly thinking it over. He obviously changed his mind and I'm sure he regrets "retiring" more than anyone else involved in the situation. For the life of me though, I just can't understand why he'd be OK with suiting up in a Vikings or Bears uniform, it's mind boggling.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He should hire a director for his next meaningless retirement ceremony. He can have an opera tenor next to him with lots of crying and big stage props. " WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME ! BOOHOOHOO ! "

I don't dislike the guy but like Freeman said, the press is beating this to death, much like his retirement during the winter. Favre loves this and it feeds his now obvious narcissism.

He should get one of those Popes chimneys and release white smoke for yes and black smoke for no after each season ends. ESPN would run a picture of the chimney 24/7 until he let us know his decision.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He took GB to the playoffs last year. They didn't loose because of him. They'd be nuts to let him play somewhere else.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It seems that Brett Favre isn't getting his way in Green Bay anymore.

The Packers legend asked the team for his unconditional release on Friday, but the organization has no intention of granting that request, FOXSports.com has learned. If anything, sources say, the team is prepared to welcome Favre back as a backup to Aaron Rodgers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8335678/Sources:-Packers-won't-release-Favre

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    Brett, please look at this image and reconsider:

why that picture?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

100% absolutely bring him to Buffalo. I'd give next years #1 and Trent in order to assume his remaining 3 year contract from GB. THE BILLS ARE AN INSTANT SB CONTENDER WITH FAVRE!!

Can you imagine the year Evans would have... Not to mention Hardy, Reed, and Parrish. I bet Lynch would gain 1800 yards just because Favre's in the backfield.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lexwhat
    It seems that Brett Favre isn't getting his way in Green Bay anymore.

The Packers legend asked the team for his unconditional release on Friday, but the organization has no intention of granting that request, FOXSports.com has learned. If anything, sources say, the team is prepared to welcome Favre back as a backup to Aaron Rodgers.

A backup to Rodgers?

That would last about two series.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can't really blame the guy. At the time he probably felt like it was a good time to retire but he later realized that this wasn't in fact the right time for him. He came off a good year, the team performed well, he probably thought lets go out on a positive note but then realized how much he loves the game, that he can still play and that's really it.

I don't think he's doing this for any sort of attention or anything. I just think he still really wants to play and that's it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by draz54
    100% absolutely bring him to Buffalo. I'd give next years #1 and Trent in order to assume his remaining 3 year contract from GB. THE BILLS ARE AN INSTANT SB CONTENDER WITH FAVRE!!

Can you imagine the year Evans would have... Not to mention Hardy, Reed, and Parrish. I bet Lynch would gain 1800 yards just because Favre's in the backfield.

thank God that you're not running the Bills. you'd do your best Donna Ho impression and run this team in the ground. the guy has 3 years and $39 million left in his contract and he's not a for sure thing to fulfill the entire contract. meanwhile, we'd be out of a 1st Rounder and a QB who has a future in front of him and TWO QB's who'd be out the door by next year. i seriously doubt that the Bills would get to the Super Bowl with Favre, so why piss away the future?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    thank God that you're not running the Bills. you'd do your best Donna Ho impression and run this team in the ground. the guy has 3 years and $39 million left in his contract and he's not a for sure thing to fulfill the entire contract. meanwhile, we'd be out of a 1st Rounder and a QB who has a future in front of him and TWO QB's who'd be out the door by next year. i seriously doubt that the Bills would get to the Super Bowl with Favre, so why piss away the future?
    And to think... We used to be buds!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And to think... We used to be buds!!!

i just don't understand your logic with your previous statement. if we were to lose 3 QB's in one season, i feel that it would set back the team in the future. i'm sorry that you're butt hurt by my comment.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i just don't understand your logic with your previous statement. if we were to lose 3 QB's in one season, i feel that it would set back the team in the future. i'm sorry that you're butt hurt by my comment.
    I pozed repped you and thanked your post... Why would you think my butt hurts?

Anyway... 3rd rounder Trent would be lost and Losman is gone after 2008. Who is the 3rd QB?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

PS... Thanks for coming back SAB!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I pozed repped you and thanked your post... Why would you think my butt hurts?

Anyway... 3rd rounder Trent would be lost and Losman is gone after 2008. Who is the 3rd QB?

Favre. he wouldn't go back to Buffalo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

PS... Thanks for coming back SAB!!

thanks and i pos repped you too before you posted that you pos repped me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

how are you doing? long time no see.

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep