Breaking News... FAVRE ASKS FOR RELEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Breaking News... FAVRE ASKS FOR RELEASE!

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
    Really? MJ is still considered a basketball God, even after the Wizards mishap. Favre could stink it up completely next year and my opinion of him wouldn't change one bit, he is a legendary QB no matter what.
    Mine won't either. He'll always be the guy that when the chips are down will throw the ball to the other team. He's also a drama queen that enjoys these will he or won't he moments more than anything. Please just go away Brett.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
      those guys were completely different situations! They were washed up totally and cut from the team and forced into retirement. Favre played at the top of his game last year there is no question about that. If he stays focused he can do it again.
      i suppose i cant fault a guy for playing the game he loves, but Favre is Green Bay, and Green Bay is Favre. They go together like lamb and tuna fish. Or would you prefer spaghetti and meatball.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
        Mine won't either. He'll always be the guy that when the chips are down will throw the ball to the other team. He's also a drama queen that enjoys these will he or won't he moments more than anything. Please just go away Brett.
        You're anger is misdirected, you should be angry with the media over over publicizing Brett's every move.

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

Bring him in!
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
            i suppose i cant fault a guy for playing the game he loves, but Favre is Green Bay, and Green Bay is Favre. They go together like lamb and tuna fish. Or would you prefer spaghetti and meatball.
            the guy says he can focus and make a statement, yet again, as a top NFL QB. I love the Favre story even better if he plays anywhere. Just the chase to see him perform well would be good for all the stakeholders. Go for it!

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College
              Bring him in!
              wouldn't that be a hoot. Sign him to a three year deal please!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Favre can come here and win a superbowl and save this sorry franchise.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RingofFire
                  Top odds are Minnesota and Chicago. both in need of QBs. and Are playoff contenders in NFC. Kinda messed up as they are division teams. Funny minnesota opens season in GB!
                  I'd rather have the next 2 years of Favre over what we have now at QB.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Favre will do more in the next 2 years than what TE/JP will do in their careers

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                      • Jul 2002

Favre did not wish to speak publicly about his situation when approached while working out Friday morning at a local high school in Hattiesburg. He appeared to be in excellent physical condition and threw the ball with ease, even throwing it 50 yards "on a rope" with high school receivers. He has been throwing and running with the team for more than a month.

That would be a pretty cool high school to play for - Favre just shows up and practices with you for a MONTH!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

SCREW FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldn't give it to him. he has 3 years left on his current contract that HE has failed to fulfill. he has strung the Packers organization along with his BS for the last couple of years. now he wants to play elsewhere??? that's a slap in the face to the Packer diehards who have supported him throughout his career. what a jerkoff.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                          this is like the most sacre-religious thing you can say in nfl circles. yet i'm there. the last couple years of this nonsense, its old. it's the nfl equivalent of the latest britney mishap. we don't care any more

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            this is like the most sacre-religious thing you can say in nfl circles. yet i'm there. the last couple years of this nonsense, its old. it's the nfl equivalent of the latest britney mishap. we don't care any more
                            I understand what you're saying, and I agree that it gets old. The Packers were always my favorite team when I was little and before I moved to Buffalo, so I have a huge soft spot for the guy. I was so disappointed when he decided he wanted to play again next year, and couldnt believe when I heard the news that he asked the Packers to release him.

However, to say it's equivalent to a britney mishap is a hyperbole at best. Say what you will about Favre, but he's always been passionate and sincere. His only crime here was jumping the gun and committing to retirement before truly thinking it over. He obviously changed his mind and I'm sure he regrets "retiring" more than anyone else involved in the situation. For the life of me though, I just can't understand why he'd be OK with suiting up in a Vikings or Bears uniform, it's mind boggling.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

He should hire a director for his next meaningless retirement ceremony. He can have an opera tenor next to him with lots of crying and big stage props. " WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME ! BOOHOOHOO ! "

I don't dislike the guy but like Freeman said, the press is beating this to death, much like his retirement during the winter. Favre loves this and it feeds his now obvious narcissism.

He should get one of those Popes chimneys and release white smoke for yes and black smoke for no after each season ends. ESPN would run a picture of the chimney 24/7 until he let us know his decision.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Turf
                                • Jul 2002

He took GB to the playoffs last year. They didn't loose because of him. They'd be nuts to let him play somewhere else.
                                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍