Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shockey traded to saints!

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Shockey gone.

Royal may have reached the 35 on that 2nd play.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Already a thread on this in the NFL Zone, where it belongs, to anyone who thinks that Shockey would be more of a positive than a negative here...I ask ONE question.

WHY?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't they can explain it, OAF.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: shockey traded to saints!

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    We could of paid that...
    Not worth his bad demeanor!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ddaryl
    I would love an upgrade at TE, but Shokey wasn't the answer.

There is just way too much info that pretty much demonstrates that Shokey was a cancer more so then a play maker

Absolutely right on!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Totally understand people, I mean really why on earth would the Bills need a Pro Bowl TE who averages 62 receptions, 705 yards and 4-5 TD's a year.

We have Robert Royal.

Look I dont argue that we have other pressing needs, and I am not heartbroken we didnt get Shockey. But anyone making excuses about why hes being traded, or that hes a detriment to the team....etc is kidding themselves.

Shockey is a top end TE, and I wouldnt be shocked if he hits the pro bowl again year one with the Saints.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    Totally understand people, I mean really why on earth would the Bills need a Pro Bowl TE who averages 62 receptions, 705 yards and 4-5 TD's a year.

We have Robert Royal.

Look I dont argue that we have other pressing needs, and I am not heartbroken we didnt get Shockey. But anyone making excuses about why hes being traded, or that hes a detriment to the team....etc is kidding themselves.

Shockey is a top end TE, and I wouldnt be shocked if he hits the pro bowl again year one with the Saints.
    Are you at all aware of all the *****ing and trouble this guy has caused for the NYgiants? His play does not equal his character.

Good riddens Shockey!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We have Robert Royal.

I understand your point and only a fool would not agree that Shockey is a much better TE than Royal.

But, look at the Giants play with him and without him. The best players are not always the best teammates or the most conducive to winning or being successful.

He is a me first guy who does not get along with teammates or coaches. He is a player who, in 6 years has never played a full NFL season and whose physical style leads to a short career.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Believe me the Buffalo Bills don't need this guy. His play does not equal his character. Let his former O coordinator Sean Payton deal with him.

Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska! tat2dmike77's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Anthor overrated ego from Miami U no thanks?

My my my how quickly everyone has forgotten McGayhee.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Already a thread on this in the NFL Zone, where it belongs, to anyone who thinks that Shockey would be more of a positive than a negative here...I ask ONE question.

WHY?
    why? go to our roster and look at tight end... there lies your answer.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf
    Royal may have reached the 35 on that 2nd play.
    Right.
    This thread was not so much to announce the Shockey trade as it was to voice my displeasure of being reminded of our own TE situation. And that made me recall the FB situation because both positions were awful at the end of the year and they were both similarly addressed (sorry Fine, no hate man). And then I remembered Melvin Fowler while I was at it.

Even CB admits it. "That's why I never thought the Bills would be serious players for Shockey's services. Yes, they needed an upgrade at tight end in terms of an athletic receiving threat, but they weren't going to do it at the expense of the chemistry in their locker room, not to mention the prospect of injury, which with Shockey is very, very real."

OBD deserves praise for really bolstering our DLine, completing a new-look LB core, pulling the "best" corner in the draft in addition to James, waiting patiently to pick from 3 of the top WRs, and that's about it. If we are to fulfill the expectations of 80% of the national media, OBD should stop telling themselves we can improve at FB, TE, and C next year. Really, that's all I have a problem with before I could predict an 11-5 season.

Are we really banking on a 2nd round pick and sophmore improvements to pull our offense from 30th to playoff caliber?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by njsue

Good riddens
    Is that like riddance or is it worse?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Is that like riddance or is it worse?
    She is predicting his death.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    I understand your point and only a fool would not agree that Shockey is a much better TE than Royal.

But, look at the Giants play with him and without him. The best players are not always the best teammates or the most conducive to winning or being successful.

He is a me first guy who does not get along with teammates or coaches. He is a player who, in 6 years has never played a full NFL season and whose physical style leads to a short career.
    Wouldn't it also be slightly foolish to assume that Shockey simply being hurt is the only logical reason why the Giants played so well and won the Super Bowl? Wouldn't it also be the growth of Eli Manning, the gelling of the offensive line, the emergence of Justin Tuck, Steve Smith playing above rookie expectations...but it couldn't be any of that. It was simply all about Jeremy Shockey getting hurt...Im not saying his injury had nothing to do with it and there is no doubt he was a bad fit in NY, but you dont just pass on a 700+ yard TE because he talks. Pay the man give him the ball and he won't talk, its very similar to TO, who Id also take on this team in an instant.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Wouldn't it also be slightly foolish to assume that Shockey simply being hurt is the only logical reason why the Giants played so well and won the Super Bowl? Wouldn't it also be the growth of Eli Manning, the gelling of the offensive line, the emergence of Justin Tuck, Steve Smith playing above rookie expectations...but it couldn't be any of that. It was simply all about Jeremy Shockey getting hurt...Im not saying his injury had nothing to do with it and there is no doubt he was a bad fit in NY, but you dont just pass on a 700+ yard TE because he talks. Pay the man give him the ball and he won't talk, its very similar to TO, who Id also take on this team in an instant.
    I never said is the only reason, just that the timing seems to indicate that it was a reason.

The problem you cited is this "him the ball" attitude. Getting the ball is more important to him than the teams success. Players like TO and Shockey sulk when they don't get their way and are not team players.

I would never want TO. First, he is overrated (leads the league in drops every year). 2nd he has shown that he will throw his teammates, especially the QB, under the bus when it suits him. He is also interested in being the center of attention, even to the detriment of his team.

It goes much past the talking. It goes into the team chemistry and players ability to work well together. Shockey (and TO) damage that relationship.

The best TEAM does not always have the best players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How on earth can you be an Oakland A's fan. I hate Billy Beane baseball. Trade players for prospects the moment they get good because you don't want to pay anyone. and the moment the prospects get good... you trade them too!!! it get so depressing. He doesn't care about ever winning. Just wants to get to playoffs 1 yr outta evert 6-7 and get swept. So he can get credit cause he got to playoffs with kids. It doesn't work. He is just cheap. It's not just about small payroll. He doesn't pay anybodyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Calm down Stamps.

Willie Randolph is looking for you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

we screwed up not going after him
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO