• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills Will Use Their Fullback

PITTSFORD — Turk Schonert wasn't the Buffalo Bills' offensive coordinator last season and therefore didn't have the proper authority to stand up and question the philosophy of Steve Fairchild.

So all year long the quarterbacks coach bit his lip and went along with the premise that using tight ends as fullbacks was a good idea, even though he wasn't on board with the ideology.

"I've always been around offenses with fullbacks; I like them back there," Schonert said recently following a training camp practice at St. John Fisher College.
    That point was hammered home the day Schonert was promoted to replace Fairchild, who left Buffalo to become the head coach at Colorado State.

One of the first things the former NFL quarterback and longtime assistant coach said back in January was the Bills would be going back to a traditional two-back set for their base offense, utilizing a true fullback.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Will Use Their Fullback

Smashmouth, I like it
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

we need a FB to emerge and be part of the offense. kind of like the way Jim Braxton used to be.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
        • Jul 2002

To bad he didnt have the balls to say something last year.... I wouldnt think that expressing a differing opinion is a bad thing

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I love a big, smashmouth type of FB that can block like Hell and catch the occasional pass. Braxton and Gash are two of my favorite Bills.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I love using a fullback..

I dont love Barnes

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Remember when we traded Centers for Gash to utilize the FB in the offense more? How'd that work out?

Yes, I know, different coaching staff, different offensive philosphy, etc.

Still, we've heard this before and I'll believe it when I see it.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Take that, sliced bread!

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Remember when we traded Centers for Gash to utilize the FB in the offense more? How'd that work out?

Yes, I know, different coaching staff, different offensive philosphy, etc.

Still, we've heard this before and I'll believe it when I see it.
                  Both offenses were still better than last year's O and could manage to get into the end zone when near the goal line.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I love a big, smashmouth type of FB that can block like Hell and catch the occasional pass. Braxton and Gash are two of my favorite Bills.
                    as much as I hated that stupid offense we had when Gash was here, I loved it when they'd throw him the ball in the flats because the guy that tried to tackle him frequently got injured. There was nothing better than watching an opposing CB try to plow Gash only to end up sprawled out on the turf with a concussion.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

I always thought Centers, though not a traditional blocking fullback, played great while he was in Buffalo. It seemed like any pass in the flat to him was good for at least five, six yards.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        http://www.democratandchronicle.com/.../807310336/tbd

PITTSFORD — Turk Schonert wasn't the Buffalo Bills' offensive coordinator last season and therefore didn't have the proper authority to stand up and question the philosophy of Steve Fairchild.

So all year long the quarterbacks coach bit his lip and went along with the premise that using tight ends as fullbacks was a good idea, even though he wasn't on board with the ideology.

"I've always been around offenses with fullbacks; I like them back there," Schonert said recently following a training camp practice at St. John Fisher College.
                        That point was hammered home the day Schonert was promoted to replace Fairchild, who left Buffalo to become the head coach at Colorado State.

One of the first things the former NFL quarterback and longtime assistant coach said back in January was the Bills would be going back to a traditional two-back set for their base offense, utilizing a true fullback.
                        Im praying it doesnt telecast our plays too much. I remember shuttering when Antwan Smith and Sam Gash? (I think). Would go in on 1st and 2nd down then come out on 3rd. It became so that you knew we were running when they were in there. I hope we dont make it too obvious.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          I love using a fullback..

I dont love Barnes
                          I wish we would have drafted one.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                            I wish we would have drafted one.
                            Would there have been anyone out of college that could have beaten Barnes out for the job? Not exactly a postion you'd want to stick a rookie.

Comment

• Confused
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2007

I am SOOOOO glad we drafted a fullback this year. wait...........

Comment

Working...
                              X