15 40.54%
  • Crap O-line

20 54.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think Miami has a "crap" O-Line

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Does anyone think Miami has a "crap" O-Line

Jake Long, Just Smiley, Samson Satele... Any idea where Smiley is playing? LG or RG?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    Jake Long, Just Smiley, Samson Satele... Any idea where Smiley is playing? LG or RG?
    It will probably be LG next to the rookie. It seems out of the rookie lineman (outside of Long) Donald Thomas has been a nice surprise, and at this early point, he seems to be doing better than the other rookie guard, Shawn Murphy. It seems like Jason Ferguson has also been giving Thomas some praise. So far (still really early) not too shabby for a guy that was a walk on at UCONN

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Satele is good. the rest are tossups. including the no.1

it's a mediocre line until i see more. o-lines typically take at least a year to gel... expect a mediocre to poor year no matter what quality the line might be.

by week 10 we might have a better feel for what it will be.

But i agree... on paper it doesn't look bad.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    It will probably be LG next to the rookie. It seems out of the rookie lineman (outside of Long) Donald Thomas has been a nice surprise, and at this early point, he seems to be doing better than the other rookie guard, Shawn Murphy. It seems like Jason Ferguson has also been giving Thomas some praise. So far (still really early) not too shabby for a guy that was a walk on at UCONN
    I liked Smiley in San Fran, Jake Long, LT, Justin Smiley, LG, Samson Satele, C, the left side of the line has alot of potential. I know from an overall standpoint Miami sucks but on the offensive side of the ball you guys gave Buffalo some problems, in particular through the running game with Brown and Chatman. I still think you guys are missing a couple guys on the OL to be considered dominant.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    I liked Smiley in San Fran, Jake Long, LT, Justin Smiley, LG, Samson Satele, C, the left side of the line has alot of potential. I know from an overall standpoint Miami sucks but on the offensive side of the ball you guys gave Buffalo some problems, in particular through the running game with Brown and Chatman. I still think you guys are missing a couple guys on the OL to be considered dominant.
    I'm not sure about Smiley, but initially the rest of the line's strengths seems to be at the running game (especially with Carey) which is also where the offensive game plan seems to be geared for--power running game. We just have to hope that we'll have a QB that will make the D somewhat honest, but it's been a little shaky for the QBs so far into the 1st week's worth of training camps.

Call it simply a gut feeling, since this early at the stage who really knows, but as far as fantasy football goes, I really think some people should take a late-late pick for Ricky Williams. Even though Dolphins fans have been burned before (no pun intended) it seems like he's finally got his head clear (still no pun intended, lol) and may be getting back to his old self--not 1,800+ rushing title old self, but I think he's going to surprise some people. On the Ronnie Brown side, he's taking contact and seems to be really on the road to recovery, but I think they're going to gradually get him back in the game, but until that time I really think Williams will be an assett (boy that's weird typing that) and our rookie RB Parmele has been having a great camp, albeit it's only been one week.

Also, shouldn't this be in the NFL section?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How is this in the Bills forum?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 Times in 3,566 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As has been said, a lot will depend on Long. If he can't handle being a LT, then that disrupts the entire O-line, since Carey will have to move back to LT where he's not as good, and they'll have to find a new RT (since Shelton is now gone). Satele is a good player. But the rest are largely unproven.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,700 Times in 3,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    It's good, yordad. Bling and crunk are here often and are generally good posters. This is where most of the activity is and I don't mind if they hang. Apparently, the mods don't mind either. Even though Bling negged me for apparently no reason, he's alright.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

quit whining like b1tch.
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,491 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    I said educated fans, not

BleedinGreenNC, clumping platelets, Ed, Homegrown, Jaybird, MLynch23, mysticsoto

So everyone who disagrees with you is uneducated?

Tell me, are you a product of the Florida school system? I am. But I'm badass.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    I'm not sure about Smiley, but initially the rest of the line's strengths seems to be at the running game (especially with Carey) which is also where the offensive game plan seems to be geared for--power running game. We just have to hope that we'll have a QB that will make the D somewhat honest, but it's been a little shaky for the QBs so far into the 1st week's worth of training camps.

Call it simply a gut feeling, since this early at the stage who really knows, but as far as fantasy football goes, I really think some people should take a late-late pick for Ricky Williams. Even though Dolphins fans have been burned before (no pun intended) it seems like he's finally got his head clear (still no pun intended, lol) and may be getting back to his old self--not 1,800+ rushing title old self, but I think he's going to surprise some people. On the Ronnie Brown side, he's taking contact and seems to be really on the road to recovery, but I think they're going to gradually get him back in the game, but until that time I really think Williams will be an assett (boy that's weird typing that) and our rookie RB Parmele has been having a great camp, albeit it's only been one week.

Also, shouldn't this be in the NFL section?
    I agree with you 100%, even about Ricky. I've always thought the man could play football, he just couldn't stay clean. I could see him getting ,1,100-1,200 yards or so but that is only if Ronnie Brown can't tote the pigskin. I will say this though.. Miami ****ed up considerably again. What's with giving away good players to divisional rivals? Wes Welker and now Chatman? Kind of ballsy especially after Ronnie Brown is coming back from a torn ACL.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Satele, Carey and Smiley are all established in this league. But ok, mystic. I see your point
    Well, though it was probably obvious to everyone else who I was talking about, except you, I will state the obvious and say I was talking about your new left tackle there...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with PatMoran. The Dolphins have the makings of a decent line. Long would be unusual if he can perform like a veteran out of the gate though. Miami's real problem on offense is the lack of a fixture at QB. Maybe somewone will emerge, but I hink at best they are going to be where Buffalo was at the end of last season. Buffalo found their QB, but he was a rookie, and played like it at times. If Miami can settle on someone, they may be ready to start doing some damage in 2009, but I'm not too worried about 2008.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ
    I agree with PatMoran. The Dolphins have the makings of a decent line. Long would be unusual if he can perform like a veteran out of the gate though. Miami's real problem on offense is the lack of a fixture at QB. Maybe somewone will emerge, but I hink at best they are going to be where Buffalo was at the end of last season. Buffalo found their QB, but he was a rookie, and played like it at times. If Miami can settle on someone, they may be ready to start doing some damage in 2009, but I'm not too worried about 2008.
    the amount that Beck has been struggling (since it's a bit disheartening since he put so much time in the offseason for improvement) I'm wondering if Henne will have to be that rookie that takes over like Edwards did

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I said educated fans, not

BleedinGreenNC, clumping platelets, Ed, Homegrown, Jaybird, MLynch23, mysticsoto

Bling, you're the only person who thinks your O-line is great, so you seem to be the least educated here.

Every year fin fans think their Oline has improved and is going to be good and it's been crap for years. Until they prove otherwise they're still crap. Even if the talent has improved, it's still going to take time to come together and you have a rookie at the most important position. Even with improvement, this line scares no one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ
    I don't know how you can say Buffalo has found their QB. Have you forgotten about JP and Rob Johnson that quickly? Both were also thought to be the answer, infact last year at this time 90% of Bill fans were 100% sure JP would take that next step and look what happened. I know Bill fans are desperate for that sepepration they think they already have over the Dolphins and Jets. But I don't think Trent is anywheres close to where he needs to be to play at this level without concern. Bill fans may think so, but that's hardly proof it's true. I also don't see the Bills ahead in this imaginary rebuilding thing Bill fans keep telling everyone they have. There's is far more to it then youth getting one year of experience under their belts. Your coaching is still a huge question mark...HUGE!

Registered User JerseyBoofaloBills's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    I don't know how you can say Buffalo has found their QB. Have you forgotten about JP and Rob Johnson that quickly? Both were also thought to be the answer, infact last year at this time 90% of Bill fans were 100% sure JP would take that next step and look what happened. I know Bill fans are desperate for that sepepration they think they already have over the Dolphins and Jets. But I don't think Trent is anywheres close to where he needs to be to play at this level without concern. Bill fans may think so, but that's hardly proof it's true. I also don't see the Bills ahead in this imaginary rebuilding thing Bill fans keep telling everyone they have. There's is far more to it then youth getting one year of experience under their belts. Your coaching is still a huge question mark...HUGE!
    Jauron has proved that he can coach a team with 19 guys on IR to a 7-9 record..now i can only imagine what he can do with a healthy squad an a slightly better defense..and as of TE not being proven..man is 5-4 as a started..not too shabby in my opinion..but considering you know everything, it's not enough right? i mean your quarterback has only won one game right? so it clearly shows that he's not that distant from Beck right? But this is talking about Dolphins O-Line, not QB's..somehow you always change the subject an start bashing on bills fans for thinking they have a good team..you're a joke.

Why cant you take after, Bling, static, papacrunk,Lt..

They actually talk about football..and know what they're talking about.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Well, though it was probably obvious to everyone else who I was talking about, except you, I will state the obvious and say I was talking about your new left tackle there...
    One thing I've noticed about you, mystic, is that you have big articulation problems. Whether it's in the spin zone or the billszone, you might want to add those extra words to leave out the confusion.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    So everyone who disagrees with you is uneducated?

Tell me, are you a product of the Florida school system? I am. But I'm badass.

That was pretty good, jamze.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 Times in 3,566 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    And yours isn't? Your head coach has only been a head coach at tiny University of New Haven. The highest position he's held is TE/OL coach. And before you say that he must be good because Parcells picked him, go look up the names of Ray Handley and Al Groh. Then you have first-time DC Paul Pasqualoni. The only principal coach who has some experience with his position is OC Dan Henning, a guy who has a bad rep among Bills fans.

But even with the Bills' QB issues last year, they still managed to sweep the Dols and Jets. Now Edwards has a year under his belt, the defense has been improved, the offense added some weapons, and the injured players are back. The Jets made some additions and should be tougher. A sweep will be harder for the Bills. However the Dols have too many problems right now to expect them to win many more games than last year.