• Crap O-line

20 54.05%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think Miami has a "crap" O-Line

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Does anyone think Miami has a "crap" O-Line

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBoofaloBills
    Jauron has proved that he can coach a team with 19 guys on IR to a 7-9 record..now i can only imagine what he can do with a healthy squad an a slightly better defense...

He's also porven he can take a healthy Bills team and lead them to a 7-9 record. As the Bills head coach he's 4 games below 500. in just 2 seasons. I'd say he has a huge question mark...HUGE!!

as of TE not being proven..man is 5-4 as a started..not too shabby in my opinion..but considering you know everything, it's not enough right? i mean your quarterback has only won one game right? so it clearly shows that he's not that distant from Beck right?
    5-4 is hardly a reason to believe TE OR ANYONE could be a proven QB. How could anyone believe their QB is proven in just 9 games in which they have more INT's then TD's? It's truly amazing how Bill fans look at the world, their players are intant stars, instant winners, instantly successful however everyone else in the league needs to win a SB while playing with one hand tied behind their back and hopping up and down on one leg before giving them enough credit to be a backup.

i mean your quarterback has only won one game right? so it clearly shows that he's not that distant from Beck right?
    I'm not saying Beck is anything...YET! Unlike Bill fans I would like to see my QB win more games then he loses and throw more TD's the int's for a couple of seasons with a steady incline before I claim my team has found their future. Bill fans call every QB they have a stud and a star, EVERY YEAR!

so it clearly shows that he's not that distant from Beck right?
    Both QB's have played part of a season, both are just entering their second season, neither has played on a winning team, however Bill fans see very little success in their QB and call him a star, Dolphin fans see very little success in JB and are still waiting to call him a star or failure. So one group is realistic (Dolphin fans) and the other is desperate (Bill fans).

But this is talking about Dolphins O-Line, not QB's..somehow you always change the subject an start bashing on bills fans for thinking they have a good team..you're a joke.
    How did I change the subject when I was quoting someone else and asking them a question about QB's? Obviously I'm not the one who starting talking about the QB's. But you'd know this if you didn't hate people who simply don't respect your crap team because they don't deserve it.

Why cant you take after, Bling, static, papacrunk,Lt..

They actually talk about football..and know what they're talking about.
    Why can't you grow up and accept the fact that your team simply sucks and until they prove differently will continue to suck? Just because they didn't have as bad a season in the wins, and loses as Miami doesn't mean they didn't suck! I also know what I'm talking about, prove where I post one post that doesn't have factual stats in it...JUST ONE!!! I always use facts in my posts, you just want everyone to ignore the facts when talking about the Bills.
    Last edited by feelthepain; 08-03-2008 at 10:28 PM.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    One thing I've noticed about you, mystic, is that you have big articulation problems. Whether it's in the spin zone or the billszone, you might want to add those extra words to leave out the confusion.
    As I said, it was likely obvious to everyone else except you...if you think that the Miami Oline is GREAT despite them even having played one game together as a unit, then clearly you have the rose colored blinders on...and something in common with FTP.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    As I said, it was likely obvious to everyone else except you...if you think that the Miami Oline is GREAT despite them even having played one game together as a unit, then clearly you have the rose colored blinders on...and something in common with FTP.
    Goes both ways, mystic. If you think they're a crap O-line after the top 12 performance they had last year, you've got the rose colored blinders... and something in common with yordad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Long Pans out you will have a pretty good o line.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,468 Times in 7,085 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Goes both ways, mystic. If you think they're a crap O-line after the top 12 performance they had last year, you've got the rose colored blinders... and something in common with yordad.
    Bling ,you accept being in the same class with FTP? YIkes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Bling ,you accept being in the same class with FTP? YIkes.
    We're both Dolphin fans.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

57% of you guys think Miami has a crap O-Line? No wonder this country is enamored with Barack Obama.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    If Long Pans out you will have a pretty good o line.
    I am surprised FTP didn't explode on me for this comment that ****ing maniac he is.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 Times in 3,566 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

57% of you guys think Miami has a crap O-Line? No wonder this country is enamored with Barack Obama.
    Miami's O-line is closer to crap than great until proven otherwise. Long is a rookie and reportedly struggling at LT. Only Carey is really proven, with Satele still mostly being unproven despite a good rookie season. And Smiley is coming off rotator cuff surgery.

But this should worry you guys:

http://www.thephinsider.com/2008/8/4...dup-same-old-p

MEET THE NEW FINS; SAME AS THE OLD FINS
    On Saturday, the Dolphins took part in a scrimmage inside the "Nick Saban Memorial" bubble down in Davie. And all reports indicate something that Dolphin fans are all too familiar with.

First of all, this team still has issues at quarterback. We are a week into camp, and no quarterback has set himself up as the leader to start in week one. If anything, the situation has actually gotten even murkier as Chad Henne could very well play himself into the starter's role. Is it the best thing for him or for the team to have a rookie start from day one? That's debatable and is something we'll touch on if it happens. But what we do know right now is that none of the QBs are playing particularly well.

Sure, the player I was originally thought would be the starter for week one, John Beck, is having his struggles. But Josh McCown, the vet, isn't doing any better. Beck was reportedly 9 for 22 in the scrimmage, according to the Palm Beach Post. Meanwhile, McCown was just 7 for 22 and threw an interception. Sure, he had 2 TD passes. But both seem to come against a mix of 2nd and 3rd teamers. And Josh's lowlight came on a series when he was working with the 1st team offense against the 2nd team defense. During that series, he was 0 for 9 with that lone interception. Not good.

Meanwhile, two other major problems the Dolphins have right now are nearly identical to the same problems Miami had last season in training camp.

The first is the receivers' inconsistency catching the football. It seems like this team goes through days where drops are few and far between but then follow it up with a day where everyone has a case of the "dropsies." Sound familiar? Last year, training camp reports indicated the same thing.

The other issue? Pass protection. Much like the Dolphins dealt with last season, this offensive line is having issues protecting whoever happens to be behind center. We simply are reading about far too many sacks and pressures. And while I'd love to sit here like an optimist and gush about how much improved our defense might be, I just can't. The pessimist in me simply won't allow it. Instead, I'm sitting here and wondering if this offensive line will be able to get it together in time for the regular season.

Of course, working in our favor here is that Tony Sparano is supposedly a great OL coach, meaning he and current Dolphins' OL coach Mike Maser could potentially help them turn this around. Things could also get better once this coaching staff identifies who will be the starting right guard. Once that is figured out, this first unit can then have time to gel.

But as it stands right now, it seems like the Dolphins still are facing the very same 3 issues that they faced last year. Let's just hope Tony Sparano and his staff is more up to the task than Cam Cameron and his staff was.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal
    Long is a rookie and reportedly struggling at LT.
    Where have you read that he is struggling? He's had some the speedier defensive guys get around him here and there, but I'm not sure if that is considered struggling. In training camp blogs, a repeat thing they say is that when he gets his hands on a guy, they're done for. Here's a recent quote:

It's going to be fun to see Jake Long go against Tampa's front line. That unit doesn't possess any speed rushing DE's, and Long eats up those bigger guys. Today he ate Vonnie Holliday for lunch during during one-on-one drills. By comparison, Holliday took Justin Smiley's lunch money. Jake Long is going to be just fine as a pro. Just fine.
    The funny thing is that Smiley has been having a pretty good camp, as well as Holliday.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 Times in 3,566 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    Where have you read that he is struggling? He's had some the speedier defensive guys get around him here and there, but I'm not sure if that is considered struggling. In training camp blogs, a repeat thing they say is that when he gets his hands on a guy, they're done for. Here's a recent quote:

The funny thing is that Smiley has been having a pretty good camp, as well as Holliday.
    Holliday is a DT. I'd expect him to beat Smiley and struggle against Long. And what he's doing playing RDE is anyone's guess.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!

You must understand what perspective is used when talking to Bill fans, for example:

TE plays nine games throws more INT'S "5 in his first 5 games" and only 1 TD during this same stretch. He only has 2 games that he throws for more then 200 yards.

Jake Long is in the NFL all of 4 months and most of that time has been on vaction he's not even made it to his first pre season game and Bill fans think Jakes already having issues, like only Dolphin players are suposed to succeed from the second we draft them or they're a huge bust.

This is how Bill fans see everything TE is a bona fied SUPRESTAR regardless of his stats last year and Jake Long is laready on the way out before his first preseason game. No wonder Bill fans have the Bills in the playoffs evey year at this time and everyone else in last place.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would not want to get in a fight with jake long, with that being said, he is going to be a bigger bust than mike williams. IMO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I mean even if he is really good, its going to be overshadowed by the 30 picks that Beck/Henne/Lemon whoever the crap your QB is, ricky getting suspened for pot, the 600 yards yards at 2 yards a carry that ronnie runs for, and the 50 sacks the rest of the line gives up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal
    Holliday is a DT. I'd expect him to beat Smiley and struggle against Long. And what he's doing playing RDE is anyone's guess.
    he's a 3-4 DE who plays DT in some 4 man fronts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, we see crap o-lines when we look through rose colored glasses. huh?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Top 12 performance, huh? Well, if giving up 40 sacks makes your think you have a top Oline, you go ahead and continue to be naive in your beliefs - as you are in virtually every other facet. The Bills gave up half that, and I still don't consider them among the top!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Attached Images Attached Images
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I mean, you got to be one of those fans that only reads articles from that idiot on buffalobills.com to believe Miami has a "crap" O-Line. Beneath your eyes, Miami is building one of the best O-Lines in the league. They're going to be good this year, and next year, watch out.

What are the educated Bills fans opinions?
    This is like painting a '73 Gremlin, candy apple red, and asking if you like the paint job.

It's still a Gremlin.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Top 12 performance, huh? Well, if giving up 40 sacks makes your think you have a top Oline, you go ahead and continue to be naive in your beliefs - as you are in virtually every other facet. The Bills gave up half that, and I still don't consider them among the top!
    Miami's top rusher rushed for 5.1 YPC. Buffalo's rushed for 4.0 YPC. I love manipulating stats too.