• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Re: Does anyone think Miami has a "crap" O-Line

I said educated fans, not

BleedinGreenNC, clumping platelets, Ed, Homegrown, Jaybird, MLynch23, mysticsoto

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bling
      The Phins do blow. They're at best 5-11. More like 4-12. Regardless, Satele, Long, Smiley and Carey include at least two good players (Satele, Carey), one average player (Smiley) and one potential dominant force (Long). All of which are under 27. Tell me that doesn't scare you.

With that said, unless Henne is the QB of the future and we find some WR's, this offense is only going to be able to run the ball.
      And when teams don't fear the ability to pass, they stack the box with 8 or 9 and make it almost impossible to run. See Buffalo Bills, circa 1997 to present.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        And when teams don't fear the ability to pass, they stack the box with 8 or 9 and make it almost impossible to run. See Buffalo Bills, circa 1997 to present.
        Definitely true. Miami is going to need a QB, and I'm praying for Henne.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

BleedinGreenNC, clumping platelets, Ed, Homegrown, Jaybird, MLynch23, mysticsoto

I put crap b'cse I want to see them proven before I give them credit. On paper, they should be okay, but then again, you never know. Mike Williams was supposed to be our future LT and he flopped. Robert Gallery was written down as a future pro-bowler and look at him...until I see them perform well as a unit, I can't give them credit at this point. Next year, or even mid season, I may change my opinion of them...but for now...I'm not going to vote based on potential.

Comment

• Bling
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            I put crap b'cse I want to see them proven before I give them credit. On paper, they should be okay, but then again, you never know. Mike Williams was supposed to be our future LT and he flopped. Robert Gallery was written down as a future pro-bowler and look at him...until I see them perform well as a unit, I can't give them credit at this point. Next year, or even mid season, I may change my opinion of them...but for now...I'm not going to vote based on potential.
            Satele, Carey and Smiley are all established in this league. But ok, mystic. I see your point

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Jake Long, Just Smiley, Samson Satele... Any idea where Smiley is playing? LG or RG?

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                Jake Long, Just Smiley, Samson Satele... Any idea where Smiley is playing? LG or RG?
                It will probably be LG next to the rookie. It seems out of the rookie lineman (outside of Long) Donald Thomas has been a nice surprise, and at this early point, he seems to be doing better than the other rookie guard, Shawn Murphy. It seems like Jason Ferguson has also been giving Thomas some praise. So far (still really early) not too shabby for a guy that was a walk on at UCONN

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Satele is good. the rest are tossups. including the no.1

it's a mediocre line until i see more. o-lines typically take at least a year to gel... expect a mediocre to poor year no matter what quality the line might be.

by week 10 we might have a better feel for what it will be.

But i agree... on paper it doesn't look bad.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                    It will probably be LG next to the rookie. It seems out of the rookie lineman (outside of Long) Donald Thomas has been a nice surprise, and at this early point, he seems to be doing better than the other rookie guard, Shawn Murphy. It seems like Jason Ferguson has also been giving Thomas some praise. So far (still really early) not too shabby for a guy that was a walk on at UCONN
                    I liked Smiley in San Fran, Jake Long, LT, Justin Smiley, LG, Samson Satele, C, the left side of the line has alot of potential. I know from an overall standpoint Miami sucks but on the offensive side of the ball you guys gave Buffalo some problems, in particular through the running game with Brown and Chatman. I still think you guys are missing a couple guys on the OL to be considered dominant.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      I liked Smiley in San Fran, Jake Long, LT, Justin Smiley, LG, Samson Satele, C, the left side of the line has alot of potential. I know from an overall standpoint Miami sucks but on the offensive side of the ball you guys gave Buffalo some problems, in particular through the running game with Brown and Chatman. I still think you guys are missing a couple guys on the OL to be considered dominant.
                      I'm not sure about Smiley, but initially the rest of the line's strengths seems to be at the running game (especially with Carey) which is also where the offensive game plan seems to be geared for--power running game. We just have to hope that we'll have a QB that will make the D somewhat honest, but it's been a little shaky for the QBs so far into the 1st week's worth of training camps.

Call it simply a gut feeling, since this early at the stage who really knows, but as far as fantasy football goes, I really think some people should take a late-late pick for Ricky Williams. Even though Dolphins fans have been burned before (no pun intended) it seems like he's finally got his head clear (still no pun intended, lol) and may be getting back to his old self--not 1,800+ rushing title old self, but I think he's going to surprise some people. On the Ronnie Brown side, he's taking contact and seems to be really on the road to recovery, but I think they're going to gradually get him back in the game, but until that time I really think Williams will be an assett (boy that's weird typing that) and our rookie RB Parmele has been having a great camp, albeit it's only been one week.

Also, shouldn't this be in the NFL section?

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

How is this in the Bills forum?
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

As has been said, a lot will depend on Long. If he can't handle being a LT, then that disrupts the entire O-line, since Carey will have to move back to LT where he's not as good, and they'll have to find a new RT (since Shelton is now gone). Satele is a good player. But the rest are largely unproven.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                            It's good, yordad. Bling and crunk are here often and are generally good posters. This is where most of the activity is and I don't mind if they hang. Apparently, the mods don't mind either. Even though Bling negged me for apparently no reason, he's alright.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

quit whining like b1tch.
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jamze132
                                • Jun 2003

So everyone who disagrees with you is uneducated?

Tell me, are you a product of the Florida school system? I am. But I'm badass.

Comment

Working...
                                X