• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Does anyone think Miami has a "crap" O-Line

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    This is like painting a '73 Gremlin, candy apple red, and asking if you like the paint job.

It's still a Gremlin.
    Yeah, you just let us know when your YUGO wins the Indy 500!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Its like FTP reads a post then ampliphies it 1000%.

For example a guy will say "Hey I like Trent Edwards I feel that with the offseason to learn the playbook an mature I feel he could have a good year"

FTP Response "YOU STUPID BILLS FANS THINK TRENT EDWARDS IS GOING TO BE A SUPERSTAR AND LIGHT UP THE LEAGUE AND THROW 39 TD PASSES. YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Chill the **** out already guy.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bling
        Miami's top rusher rushed for 5.1 YPC. Buffalo's rushed for 4.0 YPC. I love manipulating stats too.
        I think sacks allowed is a much better indicator of the Oline than the YPC of a rusher whose one long 60 yard run can skew that stat easily...even your teal and orange colored glasses should allow you to see that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          Its like FTP reads a post then ampliphies it 1000%.

For example a guy will say "Hey I like Trent Edwards I feel that with the offseason to learn the playbook an mature I feel he could have a good year"

FTP Response "YOU STUPID BILLS FANS THINK TRENT EDWARDS IS GOING TO BE A SUPERSTAR AND LIGHT UP THE LEAGUE AND THROW 39 TD PASSES. YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Chill the **** out already guy.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dplus47
            he's a 3-4 DE who plays DT in some 4 man fronts.
            When has Holliday EVER played DE in a 3-4? Much less played it well? He was a 4-3 DE with the Packers (LDE) and Chefs (RDE) and only switched to DT with the Dols.

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              I think sacks allowed is a much better indicator of the Oline than the YPC of a rusher whose one long 60 yard run can skew that stat easily...even your teal and orange colored glasses should allow you to see that.
              You don't think the ineptitude of John Beck (especially him) and Cleo Lemon count for something? Seven sacks in five games is pretty impressive. I think you could definitely make a case that Miami is better with run support, and the Bills are better at pass blocking. It probably will stay that same with the heap of man named Jake Long.

Comment

• Bling
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
                When has Holliday EVER played DE in a 3-4? Much less played it well? He was a 4-3 DE with the Packers (LDE) and Chefs (RDE) and only switched to DT with the Dols.
                Miami has used the hybrid plenty of times. Where Taylor blitzed but from the LB position. Holliday lined up as a DE in the 3-4 position. It's been limited, so even from an opinion that can't even tell me Holliday's number, it's hard to get a reading as if he's a good 3-4 DE.

Comment

• dplus47
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                  i'm not trying to post anything crazy. he has been with miami for 3 years now. the team hasn't run a strict 3-4 the entire time, but when they have, holliday has been lined up as a DE. this has been going on since 2005, with the arrival of saban. 2 years of saban + 1 year of cameron/capers = 3 years of a hybrid defense. i don't think he has done too badly at the position when healthy.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bling
                    You don't think the ineptitude of John Beck (especially him) and Cleo Lemon count for something? Seven sacks in five games is pretty impressive. I think you could definitely make a case that Miami is better with run support, and the Bills are better at pass blocking. It probably will stay that same with the heap of man named Jake Long.
                    Yes, I'm sure their ineptitude contributed also. A run blocking oriented line is probably something that appeals to Parcells anyway - so I expect this is how he prefers it.

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

I just want to revisit this thread. Do I look like such an idiot now?

Comment

• thecoordinator
                        • Sep 2005

20 crap o line votes?

i try to be nice around here but when you guys turn into sore losers its time to call it like it is. every preseason its the same thing coming out of western ny. you guys have talent, you guys have coaching, you guys are gonna win blah blah blah. who went 4-2 in the division with 3 road wins? who went 6-2 overall on the road? and most importantly, who went 11-5 and is the AFC EAST CHAMPS??? WE ARE.

call any part of our entire organization frorm top to bottom crap, but realize in doing so what you're saying about the circus at one bills drive.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          I think they got a decent line now that could become an upper tier line in a few years.

Carey is better than average.. Satele looks like he'll be a very good center. Jake Long- I cannot have an opinion on him yet until he plays. He could be another JOe thomas, or another Robert Gallery..

I think OL will become a strength of this team. Look, I think they suck now, clearly one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in football.. however, you got to start somewhere and Parcels will get the peices in place he needs for them to get better.

Too bad for Miami fans that Parcels didnt run them one year earlier. >I can guarantee you Ted Ginn Jr wouldn't have been drafted.
                          wow, did I ever put my foot in my mouth this summer..
                          Though I still dont think Parcels would've drafted Ginn.

" I think they are clearly one of the 2 or worst teams in football."

Oops.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            wow, did I ever put my foot in my mouth this summer..
                            Though I still dont think Parcels would've drafted Ginn.

" I think they are clearly one of the 2 or worst teams in football."

Oops.
                            props to you for manning up sir

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              Satele is good. the rest are tossups. including the no.1

it's a mediocre line until i see more. o-lines typically take at least a year to gel... expect a mediocre to poor year no matter what quality the line might be.

by week 10 we might have a better feel for what it will be.

But i agree... on paper it doesn't look bad.

ok, their coaching staff had them going full bore sooner then i thought they would.

i thought it would take week 10 min... it took them 5 weeks to get in gear.

that's good coaching.

And it's a good line.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                                Defies all logic
                                • Oct 2006

I voted in the poll that Miami had a good OL, in particular a powerful running game. I clearly didn't expect them to be as dominant as they have been though. Certainly having Pennington helps but Ronnie Brown? That guy has been something else. How the hell did he come back from a torn ACL like that and have arguably his best season?

Comment

Working...
                                X