• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Favre traded to Jets

The Jets are a playoff contender and have at least pulled even with the Bills, as far as possibilities.
    Their possible range of wins is pretty wide, because while Favre is high-reward, he's also high-risk. He could light it up, or he could have Jets fans calling for Clemens.
    Favre's presence alone changes things. TJones will have more room to run. Coles and Cotchery will look better, and they were decent to begin with. Keller's been looking pretty good, or so I've read. The line may struggle to protect Favre; his games streak is in way more jeopardy now.
    The Bills have just as many questions and uncertainties, if not more. If there was one thing they clearly did better than the Jets, it's pass protection, but now that's in trouble with Peters out.
    Their defenses are very comparable: they were right next to each other in points allowed last year; they both added a former Pro Bowl DT and a veteran LB; and they both have young, promising inside LBs. But the Jets have a better secondary right now.
    So while Favre has too many questions to guarantee anything, their potential is unquestionably equal to Buffalo's at the least.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by acehole
      Do you know you people actually sound insane to me?

A guy that has been great his whole life is now going to suck...
      Yet a guy who has never proven anything in school or the pros..

is going to be (and is) great?

Honestly what do you people smoke before posting?
      I wouldn't call the two seasons prior to last year great.

2006 3,885 YDS 18 TD's 18 INT's

2005 3,881 YDS 20 TD's 29 INT's

Last year Favre was great. He had a nice groupe of WR's and a really solid running game. I don't know what to make of this whole thing. I guess it depends on which Favre the Jets get. Is he going to be the Favre of last year, or is he going to revert to the Favre of the two seasons prior?
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by acehole
        Do you know you people actually sound insane to me?

A guy that has been great his whole life is now going to suck...
        Yet a guy who has never proven anything in school or the pros..

is going to be (and is) great?

Honestly what do you people smoke before posting?
        I don't think anybody is saying anything close to that and Brett, one of my all time favorite QBs and a top 5 of all time imo, has not always been great and is going into a 100% different situation than he has even been in.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

Wow so you are saying peices around a qb and the qb effect each other...hmm.

Quite different then before when we "Only" had to look at the qb.

Originally posted by Philagape
          The Jets are a playoff contender and have at least pulled even with the Bills, as far as possibilities.
          Their possible range of wins is pretty wide, because while Favre is high-reward, he's also high-risk. He could light it up, or he could have Jets fans calling for Clemens.
          Favre's presence alone changes things. TJones will have more room to run. Coles and Cotchery will look better, and they were decent to begin with. Keller's been looking pretty good, or so I've read. The line may struggle to protect Favre; his games streak is in way more jeopardy now.
          The Bills have just as many questions and uncertainties, if not more. If there was one thing they clearly did better than the Jets, it's pass protection, but now that's in trouble with Peters out.
          Their defenses are very comparable: they were right next to each other in points allowed last year; they both added a former Pro Bowl DT and a veteran LB; and they both have young, promising inside LBs. But the Jets have a better secondary right now.
          So while Favre has too many questions to guarantee anything, their potential is unquestionably equal to Buffalo's at the least.
          Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            I don't think anybody is saying anything close to that and Brett, one of my all time favorite QBs and a top 5 of all time imo, has not always been great and is going into a 100% different situation than he has even been in.
            Yes it will be different.

But to infer that he will suck when the past will tell us the opposite.

When the other assumed great when he has done nothing is silly to me.
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Observations:
              1. Brett Favre at 37 or however old he is, is better than Pennington or whoever.

2. Favre's effectiveness this season will depend at least in part on how similar or different the Jets' offensive system is from what Favre was accustommed to in Green Bay, and his supporting cast. That said, the Jets spent a lot of money to have a good offensive line, and they have at least decent skill people around Favre. And since Pennington has no arm, their system is probably not too different from the West Coast system that was the base out of which Favre operated at Green Bay. About the only question that remains concerns terminology. If Favre has to learn all new terminology, it will slow him down some, since his old Wonderlic scores suggest that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. That's not to say he isn't one of the greatest natural talents ever to play the game at QB.

All in all, this probably elevates the Jets to a contender for second place in the division and makes Buffalo's job a lot tougher. But by no means is it impossible, and I don't expect Buffalo to lay down and die because of it.

Go Bills!
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Yeah.. Bret Favre is all washed up and old. Just like Jerry Rice was when he went to the Raiders at the age of 39 (what a coincidence). All Rice did at 39 for the Raiders in his first year was catch 83 balls for 1139 yards and 9 TD. Oh, the next year he caught 92 for 1211 and helped the Raiders get to the Super Bowl.

When you’re great, you’re great. Favre will do a good job for the Jets.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

I will tell you what the only variable is how fast will he learn this offense...

Not "Can he run it"

He was one play away from the SB.

He will improve that team.

Anyhow we dont look at stats here...they are inconvenient.

\
                  Originally posted by Bulldog
                  I wouldn't call the two seasons prior to last year great.

2006 3,885 YDS 18 TD's 18 INT's

2005 3,881 YDS 20 TD's 29 INT's

Last year Favre was great. He had a nice groupe of WR's and a really solid running game. I don't know what to make of this whole thing. I guess it depends on which Favre the Jets get. Is he going to be the Favre of last year, or is he going to revert to the Favre of the two seasons prior?
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Yeah.. Bret Favre is all washed up and old. Just like Jerry Rice was when he went to the Raiders at the age of 39 (what a coincidence). All Rice did at 39 for the Raiders in his first year was catch 83 balls for 1139 yards and 9 TD. Oh, the next year he caught 92 for 1211 and helped the Raiders get to the Super Bowl.

We couldof had him Pat....what say you!
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006

There are examples of players crapping the bed too.

He also went to the Raiders before TC started remember. The fact it is not April and is August is being over looked by people that should realize it is not insignificant.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

jesus christ patmoran which building are you gonna jump off? farve makes the jets better maybe in week 6 not september. and it doesn't make us long shots. dude u need to chill the hell our

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Guys Favre will probably be good for a Jets. We should be focusing on ways to beat him not lick his balls or say he won't be good.

Comment

• historypete
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            There are examples of players crapping the bed too.

He also went to the Raiders before TC started remember. The fact it is not April and is August is being over looked by people that should realize it is not insignificant.
                            I'd put my money on Favre having a solid year than the type of year he had two years ago. He has some weapons on that offense. Jones, Cotchery, Coles, the kid from Perdue. In addition to that the offensive line has been revamped. I think this is a ballsy move by the Jets, you have to give them a ton of credit considering this could cost them as little as a 4th round pick if it doesn't work out.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

There is no doubt the Jets are a better team today then they were yesterday however I truly do not think the jump they make will be that much.
                              Yes, Brett has the ability to win games but with his aggressive style he has the ability to lose some games for them as well. Throw in the fact he will not have a chemistry with his receivers for some time, his lack of knowing the playbook combined with his aggressive gunslinging mentailty I think he will throw a lot of interceptions this year and I do not think the difference will very dramatic.
                              The Jets get someone that will make the highlight reel a lot more than Pennington, both good and bad.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                                • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                                I want you to remeber this quote the next time you start talking about players growing from year to year, like Edwards or Butler. Just saying its contradictory to others things you've said in the past.
                                I know on here I should be much more precise in what I say. I have said in the past that players often improve significantly in their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years, including Edwards, Lynch, Butler, Whitner, Simpson, Poz, McCargo, etc. I was referring to young, relatively inexperienced players making big jumps early in their careers.

Brett Favre is going on 39, and entering his 18th (?) season. He does not at all fit the model I was talking about, and you know it.

But feel free to take a cheap shot anytime.
                                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍