• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Favre traded to Jets

For those who are afraid of Favre...recall this.

Ko Simpson INT Favre in the endzone...sealing the Bills victory...with an even weaker team than we have now.

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
      You know, if Favre is washed up or not, I'm very envious of the Jets and their fans. At least a bad team is making some sort of attempt to make the team better NOW, instead of letting their best player hold out of camp and two big name players go into the last year of their contracts without any type of public progress being made on resigning them.

I know that the draft and smart FA signings are the right way to "rebuild," but every once in a while you have to roll the dice and make some waves and make a trade like this. The Bills should have come into this year as the most improved team in the AFC East, but with the Fins getting Parcells as the GM and now the Jets getting Favre, the Bills may have to take the back seat yet again and fly far under the radar. Forget about ever hearing Bills news on ****Center, I mean SportsCenter.
      Bledsoe ring a bell? We had a ****ing PARADE for when we signed him. We do take our chances, we just **** them up. It remains to be seen how good Favre will make the Jets. Definitely makes this season even MORE interesting and this move directly effects the Bills. The Jets are no longer an easy 2 wins. The Bills better hope all these additions work because they're going to need to just to stay ahead of the curve.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

That was the worst case scenario.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

His track record alone will revitalize and bring energy to that team..

Whether the Jets are better or not will be seen on the field; but HOLY **** did this team "go for it" this offseason.

Kris Jenkins.. Calvin Pace.. Alan Faneca.. Damien Woody.. and now Favre. WOW-- We can say whatever we want about Favre, but if you're a Jets fan right now, you are PUMPED.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ScottLawrence
            • Jan 2004

.......I guess hope that the Madden Curse lives on.
            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Scumbag College
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
              Bledsoe ring a bell? We had a ****ing PARADE for when we signed him. We do take our chances, we just **** them up. It remains to be seen how good Favre will make the Jets. Definitely makes this season even MORE interesting and this move directly effects the Bills. The Jets are no longer an easy 2 wins. The Bills better hope all these additions work because they're going to need to just to stay ahead of the curve.
              You can't overlook that TD and company made some awful moves over their years. Drew Bledsoe was a total desperation move, TD couldn't live with AVP being the starting QB going into the year. Comparing Drew to Favre is comparing a Big Mac to a T-Bone Steak.

I LOVE the way Marv and now the current regime has gone about improving the team. But, it has been a pretty conservative route. This is the type of move that might make the Jets, but giving up a mid round draft choice that might turn into a higher pick for a living legend QB is a great chance to take.
              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                His track record alone will revitalize and bring energy to that team..

Whether the Jets are better or not will be seen on the field; but HOLY **** did this team "go for it" this offseason.

Kris Jenkins.. Calvin Pace.. Alan Faneca.. Damien Woody.. and now Favre. WOW-- We can say whatever we want about Favre, but if you're a Jets fan right now, you are PUMPED.
                I remember TD doing a lot of big free agent signings....that got us far.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Didn't the Jets draft a TE in the first round this year too? Bubba Franks is a TE there and a former Packer as well.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                    We gave up a first rounder for Drew.

This was a no-brainer for the Jets. He's worth a mid round pick, from my understanding could elevate depending on how the jets do.

Obviously, if the Jets make the playoffs, its worth a high pick, even a first. The objective of football is to make the playoffs.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                      .......I guess hope that the Madden Curse lives on.
                      I guess Madden should redo their cover. He is in the wrong jersey.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• kinigirly
                        • Sep 2005

WOW. brett told the packers if it came down to it he was more comfortable with tampa bay cause of his previous relationship with gruden. so the packers trade him to the jets. yeah. safe to say brett and the packers are not friends. i'm just mortified watching this on espn right now. i know brett messed up by changing his mind, but man this is no way to treat him. i can think of a dozen felons in the nfl that deserve disrespect. poor old country brett just wants to play football. i'm very disappointed right now. i feel kinda old as well. huh.

Comment

• billser
                          • Oct 2007

I dont mind Favre as a Jet. Im a fan of his but he makes really bad decisions and had two average years before last year. Alos, the packers just completely dropped him for an unproven Aaron Roders, I dont know why people deny that fact taht he cost them the playoff game last year.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

****! Now this makes that trade even worse. I hate you patmoran.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                              My IQ Test results came back negative
                              • Oct 2002

LOL. I love this website. Some of you people keep reminding me why i dont post as much anymore.

"the jets signed favre!" we have no chance at the playoffs out seasons over.

I mean honestly im not saying were going to make the playoffs but if you think THAT is a sole reason why. you have to be ****tin me.

...and please dont list reasons WHY we WONT make the playoffs i really dont care what you have to say.

as a great man once said. " THATS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME"

Comment

• Tatonka
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                                I know that the draft and smart FA signings are the right way to "rebuild," but every once in a while you have to roll the dice and make some waves and make a trade like this.
                                ah.. so a huge marcus stroud trade doesnt count.. your right.. they have done nothing all becuase they didnt trade for a 38 year old qb.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                                X