• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Favre traded to Jets

Originally posted by OpIv37
    Man, this place cracks me up sometimes.

We add a rookie WR to the 30th ranked offense in the NFL and everyone thinks we've improved through "experience" The Jets replace Chad Pennington with Brett Favre but everyone thinks they didn't get better.

Please.
    you can always tell the credible football people by whom has the ability to give credit to another team besides the Bills.

If anyone thinks the Jets arent better today than they were yesterday; they're full of ****.

And as far as other offseason moves, here's a newsflash; the Bills arent the only team who got better personnel. I find it hard to believe there's a Bills guy on here who wouldnt take Faneca over Butler or Dockery.

The Jets are a good team again; they sucked last year; they were a playoff team the year before that. If nothing else, they're playoff contenders

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I think a lot of people fail to realize that football players are not like fine wine - they don't get better with age.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

He certainly is an upgrade OP. Can he at 38 completely turn them around from 4-12? I HOPE NOT!!! I can see two completely different scenarios in my mind here. In 1 the Jets and Favre turn into a powerhouse with complete media coverage at all times or 2 Favre looks like **** and everyone talks about how Favre Completely tarnished his image.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I think a lot of people fail to realize that football players are not like fine wine - they don't get better with age.
          Favre is not what he once was- no one is debating that.

But I'd take a 39 year old Favre over a 29 year old Pennington any day.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Pennington is 32

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              He certainly is an upgrade OP. Can he at 38 completely turn them around from 4-12? I HOPE NOT!!! I can see two completely different scenarios in my mind here. In 1 the Jets and Favre turn into a powerhouse with complete media coverage at all times or 2 Favre looks like **** and everyone talks about how Favre Completely tarnished his image.
              I seriously doubt that they'll go from 4-12 to 12-4 and competing with the Pats for the division title.

However, Favre wasn't their only upgrade and they have a good OL (on paper at least). If I remember correctly, they added a few people to their D as well.

Before Favre, they were a 6-7 win team. If Favre gets them even 2 wins, that puts them at 8-9 and in the playoff hunt.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Pennington is 32
                I'd take a 39 year old Favre over a 25 year old Pennington and I'd definitely take a 39 year old Favre over a 32 year old Pennington.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  you can always tell the credible football people by whom has the ability to give credit to another team besides the Bills.

If anyone thinks the Jets arent better today than they were yesterday; they're full of ****.

And as far as other offseason moves, here's a newsflash; the Bills arent the only team who got better personnel. I find it hard to believe there's a Bills guy on here who wouldnt take Faneca over Butler or Dockery.

The Jets are a good team again; they sucked last year; they were a playoff team the year before that. If nothing else, they're playoff contenders
                  Yes, because there are no reasons to wonder if this will help the Jets as much as some think.

Vic Carucci, one of the better journalists out there, questions whether it will help or not too. I guess he is not credible. people can credit other teams, but not necessarily think this move is a magic cure all.

Again, getting a player like Favre in August is not as nearly helpful as getting him in April or May.

He has never played in the style of offense the Jets use. Will he be productive as a short passing game, ball control guy? Will he be able to adjust to Coles and Cotchery and not have Driver and Jennings to use? Will the Jets tackles give him enought time (Obviously the middle of the line is very solid). Will Favre play like the Favre of 2007 or the Favre of 2006? How will the Jets players react to the pending release of the very popular Chad Pennington? Will Favre work with the coaches and not try to do too much himself?

Is Favre a better QB than Penington? Yes. No doubt. Does that translate into a better team? There are legitimate questions in that regard.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dujek
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2008

Faneca's pass blocking was woeful last year. His run blocking was as great as always, but he was personally responsible for 7 sacks last year, and he's not getting any younger or faster.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      lol.. Did Favre suck last year?

Going by your logic, is Stroud's best days long behind him? He's 30 years old, and 8 years into the league, a lot for a DT.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I seriously doubt that they'll go from 4-12 to 12-4 and competing with the Pats for the division title.

However, Favre wasn't their only upgrade and they have a good OL (on paper at least). If I remember correctly, they added a few people to their D as well.

Before Favre, they were a 6-7 win team. If Favre gets them even 2 wins, that puts them at 8-9 and in the playoff hunt.
                        Yeah I am with you! I can't wait to get the Traitor chants starting when he comes to the Ralph!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

People can say what they want, but Romes said it best in this thread. He said the Bills road to the playoffs “just got tougher”

Doesn’t mean the Bills wont make the playoffs, doesn’t mean we won’t sweep the jets. It means what it means. Favre combined with the other moves the Jets made and some of the solid young talent they have, put them right into the playoff mix.

Comment

• Dujek
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2008

lol.. Did Favre suck last year?

Going by your logic, is Stroud's best days long behind him? He's 30 years old, and 8 years into the league, a lot for a DT.
                            Stroud's best days are behind him, but he's still better than what we had there to start with.

No-one's saying the Jets won't be better with Favre, but he isn't going to turn a terrible team into a playoff team. He's good for an extra couple of wins for them, that's all.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Is Favre a better QB than Penington? Yes. No doubt. Does that translate into a better team? There are legitimate questions in that regard.
                              There are legitimate questions with the Bills offense. Will the OL be able to run block? Will Edwards improve? Will Hardy be able to take pressure off of Evans? Will the other young guys improve? Will Schonert be a good OC? Will any of our TE's finally step up?

So, since both teams are facing legitimate questions, how can you say that the Bills O is improved but it remains to be seen if the Jets O is improved?
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dujek
                                Stroud's best days are behind him, but he's still better than what we had there to start with.

No-one's saying the Jets won't be better with Favre, but he isn't going to turn a terrible team into a playoff team. He's good for an extra couple of wins for them, that's all.
                                Thank you.. The Jets are better with Favre than Pennington. that's all the majority of people are trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X