• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Favre traded to Jets

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
    We all agree that Brett Favre has been a much, much better QB than Chad Pennington. But Favre will turn 39 during the season, and is taking over an offense that was built around a guy who couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards.

How well he'll do and how much the team will improve is totally unknown at this point.
    Well how much the Bills players will improve is totally unknown at this point, yet you are "optimistic" about the Bills this year. So, are you optimistic about the Jets too?

I guess "optimistic" is the wrong word because no Bills fan would ever feel good about the prospect of the Jets being better. So let me rephrase that: do you see the Favre move as positive for the Jets despite the unknowns?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• njsue
      Jersey Girl!!!!!!
      • Sep 2003

Here is Gangreens schedule:

September
      9/7 - @ MIA
      9/14 - vs NE
      9/22 - @ SD
      9/28 - vs ARI

October
      10/12 - vs CIN
      10/19 - @ OAK
      10/26 - vs KC

November
      11/2 - @ BUF
      11/9 - vs STL
      11/13 - @ NE
      11/23 - @ TEN
      11/30 - vs DEN

December
      12/7 - @ SF
      12/14 - vs BUF
      12/21 - @ SEA
      12/28 - vs MIA

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        I want you to remeber this quote the next time you start talking about players growing from year to year, like Edwards or Butler. Just saying its contradictory to others things you've said in the past.
        I think it is pretty clear that there is a big difference between 38 and 24.

C'mon.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Here is what Brett Farve has around him this year;
          1000 yd rusher in Thomas Jones
          1000 yd WR in Jericho Cotchery who is probably the most underrated WR in the NFL
          A dynamic Laveranues Coles who only needs a QB who can get him the ball.
          An OL that allowed 53 sacks last year

What potentially may be one of the best young D's in pro football between; Ellis, Jenkins, Harris, Gholston, Pace, Miller, Revis, and Rhodes.

To not think the Jets are both better than us and a legit playoff contender is very very bias opinion. The Jets don't need Brett Farve to even be as good as he was last year. He could be Dilfer like and they are still better than us. Its really that simple guys.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I think it is pretty clear that there is a big difference between 38 and 24.

C'mon.
            Its not my words, normally Id agree with you, but if you are going to make bold statements with no limits then expect to be called out on it. Also find me a coach almost anywhere who takes a young guy over a proven veteran. Just one thats all Im saying...
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Its not my words, normally Id agree with you, but if you are going to make bold statements with no limits then expect to be called out on it. Also find me a coach almost anywhere who takes a young guy over a proven veteran. Just one thats all Im saying...
              Quit focusing on semantics.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Quit focusing on semantics.
                Why would I ever do that? This entire board is based on that.

But my point remains true, find me one coach who would not take a proven all-pro vet over a young player. Just one.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Here is what Brett Farve has around him this year;
                  1000 yd rusher in Thomas Jones
                  1000 yd WR in Jericho Cotchery who is probably the most underrated WR in the NFL
                  A dynamic Laveranues Coles who only needs a QB who can get him the ball.
                  An OL that allowed 53 sacks last year

What potentially may be one of the best young D's in pro football between; Ellis, Jenkins, Harris, Gholston, Pace, Miller, Revis, and Rhodes.

To not think the Jets are both better than us and a legit playoff contender is very very bias opinion. The Jets don't need Brett Farve to even be as good as he was last year. He could be Dilfer like and they are still better than us. Its really that simple guys.
                  But he is not Dilfer like. Can Favre become a game manager (the style of QB the Jets offense is built for) or he will he try to be a gunslinger?

Favre is boom or bust due to his style of play and there are so many other variables that will come with him (including heightened media attention and the pressure of playng in NYC) that NOTHING is guarenteed.

Although I do agree 100% on their defense. It is going to be very good.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

I want you to remeber this quote the next time you start talking about players growing from year to year, like Edwards or Butler. Just saying its contradictory to others things you've said in the past.

A 39 year old QB isn't growing year to year like a 24 year old QB so your comparison isn't even close.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

But he is not Dilfer like. Can Favre become a game manager (the style of QB the Jets offense is built for) or he will he try to be a gunslinger?

Favre is boom or bust due to his style of play and there are so many other variables that will come with him (including heightened media attention and the pressure of playng in NYC) that NOTHING is guarenteed.

Although I do agree 100% on their defense. It is going to be very good.
                      Good point, he can't be Dilfer like but even Farve's worst year (06, and 05) are still better than the Clemens, Pennington team. So even if he is as bad as he was then, I still think the Jets are better than us. They have more weapons, and a better D.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        A 39 year old QB isn't growing year to year like a 24 year old QB so your comparison isn't even close.
                        Nobody was making the comparison, I was simply making a point.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

Why would I ever do that? This entire board is based on that.

But my point remains true, find me one coach who would not take a proven all-pro vet over a young player. Just one.
                          Mike McCarthy
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            Mike McCarthy
                            Touche.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

Do you know you people actually sound insane to me?

A guy that has been great his whole life is now going to suck...
                              Yet a guy who has never proven anything in school or the pros..

is going to be (and is) great?

Honestly what do you people smoke before posting?

Originally posted by Night Train
                              We pounded Green Bay at the Ralph 3 years back, when Lord Favre was in his prime and we sucked.

Now a soon to be 39 year old QB is going to a bad team late and some believe he will carry them all by himself.

You've got to be kidding me. He's going to throw a ton of INT's and kill this team.

The Jets will get a lot of attention for a 5-11 team. I can't wait to play them.
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• trapezeus
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Oct 2004

my comments to all this is this:

1. Brett doesn't need a system. he does his thing. in the last two years he looked awful and he looked good. Awful coincided with the bears defense being really good. Good Brett occured when his entire division fell apart. So i think his chances in the East tend to look more like Bad Brett. Dolphins, Bills and Patriots have pretty good defenses. Definitely a step up from the NFC North Defenses of last year.

2. I'd be more concerned if he was in OTA's and a prolevel training situation then was traded to the Jets. Instead, all I've heard is he retired (i assume when you do that, you let yourself go for a few weeks), waffled on coming back (probably worked out on his own in that period on a less than NFL strigent basis), and then decided to come back and was throwing footballs with highschoolers. So, what kind of playing shape is he in? Wouldn't a 38 year old need some serious conditioning year-round to have a shot to get through the season?

If Brett plays like brett of Old, then it's a problem for the Bills. If he looks uncomfortable and continues to act like a Primadonna, the Jets have themselves a problem.

those are my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X