• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Favre traded to Jets

Originally posted by historypete
    I think this is a ballsy move by the Jets, you have to give them a ton of credit considering this could cost them as little as a 4th round pick if it doesn't work out.
    I think it is a ballsy move but it will cost them more then a 4th round pick. There are salary cap repercussions from this as well. The Jets were close to the salary cap and now will have to re-do contracts and cut players to make everything work. By re-doing some contracts it can really come back to hurt them down the road because they will not have as much money to re-sign some of their own players.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      I know on here I should be much more precise in what I say. I have said in the past that players often improve significantly in their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years, including Edwards, Lynch, Butler, Whitner, Simpson, Poz, McCargo, etc. I was referring to young, relatively inexperienced players making big jumps early in their careers.

Brett Favre is going on 39, and entering his 18th (?) season. He does not at all fit the model I was talking about, and you know it.

But feel free to take a cheap shot anytime.
      Awwww....not my fault you don't qualify your own statements. This is what I get paid to do, so its more of a natural thing now than anything else. Great skill though to have.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

You shouldn't have had to qualify your statement Jan it is football talk. It was obvious to anyone that your aging scenario was talking about players in the twilight and not in their introductory phases of their careers.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          You shouldn't have had to qualify your statement Jan it is football talk. It was obvious to anyone that your aging scenario was talking about players in the twilight and not in their introductory phases of their careers.
          So football topic can be void of reason, logic, parameters, and filled with assumptions...well this board makes a lot more sense now then doesn't it...

Its really not a big deal, and there is no real need for all the dramatics. I did the same thing in the page prior and got called on it. I responded with touche because he got me and moved on. Some people just dont like getting called out when they incorrectly state what they are trying to say. It happens, deal with it, or dont post. No need to be all huffy about it.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Go outside and get some air DB. You are getting pretty stuffy over there.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Go outside and get some air DB. You are getting pretty stuffy over there.
              I am already outside, Im waiting on MARTA to get here. But what the heck are you talking about?
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• historypete
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by don137
                I think it is a ballsy move but it will cost them more then a 4th round pick. There are salary cap repercussions from this as well. The Jets were close to the salary cap and now will have to re-do contracts and cut players to make everything work. By re-doing some contracts it can really come back to hurt them down the road because they will not have as much money to re-sign some of their own players.
                I know the pick is conditional, but for the price it is a great move for them. They might have to rework contracts and figure out the cap ramifications, but they must have thought about that before pulling the trigger on this deal. It is not like they made this decision in a 24 hour window, this has been a possbility for 2-3 weeks now.

I hope for our sake this falls apart and Favre flops with the Jets. At least, as a result, we'll be getting some additional national press coverage when we play the Jets.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  jesus christ patmoran which building are you gonna jump off? farve makes the jets better maybe in week 6 not september. and it doesn't make us long shots. dude u need to chill the hell our
                  HE make them better tommorow.

And we dont play them til week 9.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    I am already outside, Im waiting on MARTA to get here. But what the heck are you talking about?
                    Name dropping MARTA thinking we will ask who she is....

MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Name dropping MARTA thinking we will ask who she is....

MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
                      Who the hell would ever name their kid MARTA? Also why would I put a name of somebody all in caps?

Im taking the train to the Capitol building, its the easiest/most efficient way for me to get there and allows me to use my laptop as I wait, or in this case now as I ride on the train.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

So football topic can be void of reason, logic, parameters, and filled with assumptions...well this board makes a lot more sense now then doesn't it...

Its really not a big deal, and there is no real need for all the dramatics. I did the same thing in the page prior and got called on it. I responded with touche because he got me and moved on. Some people just dont like getting called out when they incorrectly state what they are trying to say. It happens, deal with it, or dont post. No need to be all huffy about it.
                        or perhaps people just want to talk football without being nagged about their vernacular.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                          or perhaps people just want to talk football without being nagged about their vernacular.
                          Well we have a twilight zone for that.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Thinking of names? Complete 2021 information on the meaning of Marta, its origin, history, pronunciation, popularity, variants and more as a baby girl name.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Well we have a twilight zone for that.
                              Bull**** if we started football threads there they would be moved.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Bull**** if we started football threads there they would be moved.
                                I was just talking about unintelligent threads
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X