Thread: Is Jerry Jones

Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska! tat2dmike77's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Is Jerry Jones

A joke?

Just a simple question. No Poll but explain your answer.

I think he is a joke. Look at what he has done over the past years. He hired Wade Phillips but wants Garret to be his puppet. He goes after Adam Jones and i personally think he paid off the cops who showed to Adams last incident. He over paid for Roy Williams the receiver. He thinks that he has all this football knowledge when he really knows jack. I think he is what is wrong with the league and society.

I'm all for second chances. Tank Johnson has proved that some guys learn thier lesson. But Adam Jones doesn't care he thinks playing in the NFL is his right. When in fact it is a privelage. But as long as Jones owns the Cowboys thugs will always have a place to play football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Jerry Jones

Jerry Jones is slightly LESS senile than Al Davis. Both are bat**** crazy but Davis takes the cake.

To answer your question, Yes, He is a joke.

Pacman is an Average CB and a modest returner. He's only famous for being a criminal and a candate for a lifetime ban.

Roy Williams and T.O. are not gonna work well together. Bank on it. There is enough ego between those two for 4 men. My only question is who cries( again hahahaha) on national TV first.

The 'girls are goin down the crapper. I love it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He is used to getting his way. He's a meddler beyond RW's imagination.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jerry Jones is a good "business man" but not a good NFL man. He knows how to make money, as proven before he took over the Cowboys and since taking over the Cowboys. But as far as being a GM, running the draft, or anything like that...he really needs to step back and let professionals run the show.

If he wasn't so hungry for power and to feed his ego, he would also hire a real coach. Wade is the second coming of Barry Switzer.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    Wade is the second coming of Barry Switzer.
    Barry won like 85% of his college games at Oklahoma and a SB for Dallas.

Wade is another Chan Gailey, granted.

Jones has a monster ego and couldn't stand the spotlight being on Jimmy Johnson instead of him. They were co-captains on the 1964 Arkansas National Championship team under Frank Broyles. (Johnson a DB, Jones a WR).

Those 3 SB wins now seem like a lifetime ago, since Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since beating Minny in a 1996 wildcard game. Jones is more concerned with promotion and marketing these days, feeling he can create a winner with his personal puppet show. Al Davis with better clothes.

Next puppet up is Jason Garrett & nothing will change, much like Davis. He's poison because he meddles and will never attract a top coach again.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jones is still following the same recipe. If you remember the last Cowboys dynasty in the 90's they weren't a squad of very nice people either.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

jerry jones and dan synders of the world treat the NFL like a fantasy football team and neglect the fact that these player have to work together. and those who are team guys who can appreciate both the business side and the team side of the game, are better off than someone who has the best 40 time.

That's why these decisions get made and why they rarely pay off for them.

That and he doesn't see that Romo is all thumbs in the playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's what happens though when you're a football fan who happens to have enough money to buy a team. Admit it, if you had that kind of money and owned a team, as a football fan, would you be a hands-off owner like Wayne Huzienga? Probably not. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Mark Cuban of the Dallas Mavs is pretty hands on and he's done a pretty damn good job turning that franchise around so it really depends on the person. We just have some bad examples of it in the NFL

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Night I love that Al Davis with better clothes that is great.

Kid i understand what you are saying. But basketball is a different sport then football. Espically Pro Football. Jones thinks that if he brings in big names with big talent then he should win a super bowl. What he fails to realize is that you need a balance of good draft picks and good free agent signees. You can not win with nothing but free agent/trades.

I was talking to a neighbor and while i know i did start this thread there is time for Dallas to turn it around and get the ship righted. But jones will always be a jackass and will have only his self to blame for his teams failures. Lets be honest Jones wants and needs a Super Bowl this year so he can justify the ridiculous prices he is charging at the new stadium. Forget the fact this team has yet to win a playoff game since 96 he is going all balls. No trophy and some fans may get angry this season and ask why should i shell out the ridiculous prices jones is asking for.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,593 Times in 17,467 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jerry Jones is the poster child for what is wrong with NFL these days financially, morally, and competitively.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    Jerry Jones is the poster child for what is wrong with NFL these days financially, morally, and competitively.
    Yup. He doesn't think it's fair that he shares revenue and doesn't care how long your arrest sheet is.

He doesn't care about the league. If he had it his way the NFL would just be the Dallas Cowboys and thats it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tat2dmike77
    Yup. He doesn't think it's fair that he shares revenue and doesn't care how long your arrest sheet is.

He doesn't care about the league. If he had it his way the NFL would just be the Dallas Cowboys and thats it.
    wrong. he'd want 31 other washington general teams out there as he traveled around the country.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train
    Barry won like 85% of his college games at Oklahoma and a SB for Dallas.

Wade is another Chan Gailey, granted.

Jones has a monster ego and couldn't stand the spotlight being on Jimmy Johnson instead of him. They were co-captains on the 1964 Arkansas National Championship team under Frank Broyles. (Johnson a DB, Jones a WR).

Those 3 SB wins now seem like a lifetime ago, since Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since beating Minny in a 1996 wildcard game. Jones is more concerned with promotion and marketing these days, feeling he can create a winner with his personal puppet show. Al Davis with better clothes.

Next puppet up is Jason Garrett & nothing will change, much like Davis. He's poison because he meddles and will never attract a top coach again.
    Give me a break. Switzer didn't win a Super Bowl. He took the left overs from Jimmy, got a Super Bowl victory, then tore the team apart.

His first two years with the Cowboys were spent partying, not showing up to team meetings, destroying what Jimmy built, and finally falling apart.

And for the record, Pittsburgh should've won that Super Bowl had it not been for O'Donnels two picks. I wouldn't go off saying Switzer is a great coach for winning a Super Bowl.