• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

OBD spin machine on yellow alert!

Check this out...

Trent doesn't even have to be the one to throw the touchdown passes to be able to take credit for them. He also can help another player realize that making mistakes is just part of being a Buffalo Bill.

What a leader! What a quarterback!

He's definately our guy!

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6363

Edwards trying to keep Hardy loose
    by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 8/10/2008 11:20 AM ET

"Less than 48 hours before their first preseason game Bills quarterback Trent Edwards decided it was time to sit rookie receiver James Hardy down for a little talk. He had seen the second-round pick pressing a bit in practice, feeling as if he was behind after missing five days of work in training camp.
    Simply put a smile wasn't a facial expression you were going to find any time soon on Hardy's face.
    Edwards thought it was time to help him exhale. So he gave Hardy the same message Robert Royal gave him just one year ago.
    "Rob Royal helped me a lot in the huddle," said Edwards of his rookie season when he assumed the starting quarterback role. "He'd say, 'You know Trent smile. Enjoy playing the game of football. Take it seriously, but relax and have fun out there.' That was my message to James a couple of days ago."
    Buffalo's signal caller saw the pressure of wanting to produce right away getting to Hardy a little bit."

...more...
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: OBD spin machine on yellow alert!

Trent could be anything at this point but JP already failed his 3 year exam.. so it's up to the coaches to give Edwards a chance to succeed.

I saw a horrid endzone pass, Schouman drop 1, Hardy run maybe 2 wrong patterns and a good pass to Parrish. Hardly inspiring but correctable before the Seahawks opener.

But keep up with the Chicken Little campaign. It's very impressive. :drama:
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• VeggieMan14
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by coastal
      Check this out...

Trent doesn't even have to be the one to throw the touchdown passes to be able to take credit for them. He also can help another player realize that making mistakes is just part of being a Buffalo Bill.

He's definately our guy!

"Less than 48 hours before their first preseason game Bills quarterback Trent Edwards decided it was time to sit rookie receiver James Hardy down for a little talk. He had seen the second-round pick pressing a bit in practice, feeling as if he was behind after missing five days of work in training camp.
      Simply put a smile wasn't a facial expression you were going to find any time soon on Hardy's face.
      Edwards thought it was time to help him exhale. So he gave Hardy the same message Robert Royal gave him just one year ago.
      "Rob Royal helped me a lot in the huddle," said Edwards of his rookie season when he assumed the starting quarterback role. "He'd say, 'You know Trent smile. Enjoy playing the game of football. Take it seriously, but relax and have fun out there.' That was my message to James a couple of days ago."
      Buffalo's signal caller saw the pressure of wanting to produce right away getting to Hardy a little bit."

...more...
      im falling for trent all over again
      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
        Trent could be anything at this point but JP already failed his 3 year exam.. so it's up to the coaches to give Edwards a chance to succeed.

I saw a horrid endzone pass, Schouman drop 1, Hardy run maybe 2 wrong patterns and a good pass to Parrish. Hardly inspiring but correctable before the Seahawks opener.

But keep up with the Chicken Little campaign. It's very impressive. :drama:
        You have to understand, Oakland won their 1st pre-season game, that annoints them as a SB contender and we are relegated to draft 1st next season after losing our first pre-season game.

/ insanity.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

The excitement of James Hardy is apparent all over the meassage boards.

Equally apparent on the boards is the polar comparison being drawn between our #1 and #2 quarterback's performances.

I am not making any quality judgements either way, but I think it is very telling that Chris Brown feels a need to post a feel-good, fluff piece where our hero is is getting inside the head of his new talented toy.

It's like they're subtely marrying James' success to Trent.

My question is why?

Comment

• cookie G
            • Mar 2003

The excitement of James Hardy is apparent all over the meassage boards.

Equally apparent on the boards is the polar comparison being drawn between our #1 and #2 quarterback's performances.

I am not making any quality judgements either way, but I think it is very telling that Chris Brown feels a need to post a feel-good, fluff piece where our hero is is getting inside the head of his new talented toy.

It's like they're subtely marrying James' success to Trent.

My question is why?
            This part was left out:

Trent said to me" 'don't run a pattern over 5 yards or you'll never see the ball..Ask Lee."

Comment

• feelthepain
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
              You have to understand, Oakland won their 1st pre-season game, that annoints them as a SB contender and we are relegated to draft 1st next season after losing our first pre-season game.

/ insanity.
              Unlike the Bills being a playoff team before one game is played while the Dolphins are the exact same team they were a year ago.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Check this out...

He's definately our guy!

...more...

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by don137
                  OMG that has to be THEE GREATEST post i have ever seen
                  I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I don't really understand the negative title of this thread.

Oh wait. This is the BillsZone.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

What, he only caught it because Trent told him to smile?
                      Wait, who threw that touch down pass to Hardy?
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

you guys are ridiculous. the article doesn't credit Trent for throwing the ball to Hardy. it's just a rookie getting advice from another player. There isn't any spin to credit Trent Hardy's TD.

JP in all his glorious 79 yards and 7 completions isn't a leader in the huddle. So it's nice to know that someone on the team said something to get the kid to relax. JP isn't the guy to do it because he's a sulker. He's got his own issues. He's not going to go up to a rookie and help him out. Remember how the team was so mean to him when he joined. and Poor JP tried so hard to fit in. It was like UCLA all over again.
                        How many times do you see JP get rattled and then he just has a lost look on his face in the huddle? Oh, right no one can remember that because he threw 7-9 for 79 yards in game 1 of the preseason....and it was a road game. He's never been inconsistent. He should be our starting QB!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

I love what Trent is trying to do. I hope he applies it to himself and it translates to better success for him on the field. What he did was what I expect from a leader. He's in the right frame of mind. I want to see it on the field as well.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dasaybz
                            • Apr 2005

I would feel much more comfortable if JP was giving advice.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              I don't really understand the negative title of this thread.

Oh wait. This is the BillsZone.
                              I still don't understand why you expect people to be positive about a team that has underperformed as much as this team has.

I still don't understand why you can't comprehend the fact that when the team is this bad, what you call "negative" is actually "realistic".
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X