We need to sign a Vet for Offensive Tackle Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

We need to sign a Vet for Offensive Tackle Help...

I watched the entire game on Saturday and the scariest thing was watching Kirk Chambers as a starter, i am not panicking about Peters i think it will get done, but what i am panicking about is simple we better not hope one of our Starters goes down cause Chambers Murphy and Estes just doesnt cut it

i like what i have seen in Demetrius Bell he is a hell of a find for a 7th rd pick, and he will get better and stronger and could actually develop into a starter someday for us, he has that much potential

But Chambers plays so stiff and looks very over matched o nthe right side, and this wont change, we need to go after a Whittle type to right the ship look how valuable Marcus Price was for us a few years ago

Sign a vet OBD we will all feel better!
    Last edited by bigbub2352; 08-11-2008, 12:09 PM.
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: We need to sign a Vet for Offensive Tackle Help...

Originally posted by bigbub2352
    I watched the entire game on Saturday and the scariest thing was watching Kirk Chambers as a starter, i am not panicking about Peters i think it will get done, but what i am panicking about is simple we better not hope one of our Starters goes down cause Chambers Murphy and Estes just doesnt cut it

i like what i have seen in denetrius Bell he is a hell of a find for a 7th rd pick, and he will get better and stronger and could actually develop into a starter someday for us, he has that much potential

But Chambers plays so stiff and looks very over matched o nthe right side, and this wont change, we need to go after a Whittle type to right the ship look how valuable Marcus Price was for us a few years ago

Sign a vet OBD we will all feel better!

How about JP Losman, Reed, and a 6th to Minnesota for Ryan Cook and Gus Frerotte. Would that be a good deal. Maybe take out the 6th.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

or better yet, PAY JASON PETERS. IM BEGGING.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

lol, who? What vet?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Wow guys better touch up on the reading comprehension skills

I am talking about signing a vet for depth not someone to start

I dont want kirk chambers to be our emergency starter after we sign Peters to an 7yr 56mil deal,

My point on this thread is that we need to watch the waiver wire closely and get someone in here who can actually block not some bum who has no business on this team in the BACKUP ROLE
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MLynch23
            How about JP Losman, Reed, and a 6th to Minnesota for Ryan Cook and Gus Frerotte. Would that be a good deal. Maybe take out the 6th.
            We dont need to trade anyone just upgrade the depth behind our starters once Peters is in camp
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
              • Aug 2007

Is there anyone out there right now that looks appealing or do you think we pickup someone off of waivers?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Al the Bills Fan
                Is there anyone out there right now that looks appealing or do you think we pickup someone off of waivers?
                Not really i think we should be looking at cap casulaties, and the waiver wire, i just think this will be an alarming need if our starters were to go down
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Wow guys better touch up on the reading comprehension skills

I am talking about signing a vet for depth not someone to start

I dont want kirk chambers to be our emergency starter after we sign Peters to an 7yr 56mil deal,

My point on this thread is that we need to watch the waiver wire closely and get someone in here who can actually block not some bum who has no business on this team in the BACKUP ROLE
                  aggravating that some people read what they want to read, isn't it?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Peters is not holding out for the season, and I'm still pissed at him..

But overall the OL didn't give up many sacks, but their run blocking is as bad as last year.

OT that get put on waivers aren't the wisest choices for T help... nobody releases a talented, ready to play OT.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

or, you know, we coulda signed some Olinemen in the draft instead of waiting til the 7th round.

nahh...lets draft 3 CBs, ANOTHER RB, and some TE that will never be anything more than a special teams guy.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                        or, you know, we coulda signed some Olinemen in the draft instead of waiting til the 7th round.

nahh...lets draft 3 CBs, ANOTHER RB, and some TE that will never be anything more than a special teams guy.
                        Couldnt agree more my friend, We should have come out of the draft wit ha C, and 2 OTs we proally would have been able to get Corner Fine both in the 7th round, and Alvin Bowen wasnt a high value pick in rd 5 either

Omon looks like a wasted pick as well, we could have gotten in a vet RB to backup Fred jackson and MLynch

I am still not a fan of McKlevin either at 11, we got two of the best returners in the game and that is his value, cause at 5ft 10 180lbs we will never be a dominant CB, plus he looks and sounds real smart and right now a kid out of Akron is outplaying him

We went after a ton of DLine help and no OLine help makes no sense

we will struggle to run the ball this year cause of Fowler he could have been replaced by a draft pick
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          Peters is not holding out for the season, and I'm still pissed at him..

But overall the OL didn't give up many sacks, but their run blocking is as bad as last year.

OT that get put on waivers aren't the wisest choices for T help... nobody releases a talented, ready to play OT.
                          Again not talking about a starter, read the other quotes i wrote already please...
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            aggravating that some people read what they want to read, isn't it?
                            It sure is...... it sure is
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                              • Feb 2008

Couldnt agree more my friend, We should have come out of the draft wit ha C, and 2 OTs we proally would have been able to get Corner Fine both in the 7th round, and Alvin Bowen wasnt a high value pick in rd 5 either

Omon looks like a wasted pick as well, we could have gotten in a vet RB to backup Fred jackson and MLynch

I am still not a fan of McKlevin either at 11, we got two of the best returners in the game and that is his value, cause at 5ft 10 180lbs we will never be a dominant CB, plus he looks and sounds real smart and right now a kid out of Akron is outplaying him

We went after a ton of DLine help and no OLine help makes no sense

we will struggle to run the ball this year cause of Fowler he could have been replaced by a draft pick

Well Lecharles Bentley is in FA. Why not bring him. Hes not bad at all. Maybe also Anthony Clement. Those 2 would bring alot of expierence, depth, and maybe starters to our team.

Comment

Working...
                              X