• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

If I'm Jauron, I dont play ANYBODY Thursday at all

The starters have looked good two weeks running and if I'm Dick Jauron, NONE of my starters are seeing the field THursday night.. In fact, I wouldn't even bother to DRESS half my starters.. They can chill on the sidelines in their warmups.

What good can possibly come out of one or two drives? They can remedy whatever in practice.. The injury risk farrrrrrrrrrr surpasses the reward of one good drive.

Can you imagine the hell this team and jauron specifically would go through if Stroud or Lee EVans was to tear a knee on a meaningless last preseason game opening drive

F that.. Plenty of guys have a lot to play for.. NOT our starters.

If I was Jauron I would not even DRESS the following players:
    Edwards or Losman (Give Hamden the first half, Baker the second)
    Lynch, Jackson or Barnes (let Omon, Hall and Wright split the game)
    Evans, Reed, Parrish (I'd dress Hardy becuase he needs the work, and divide reps amongst Jenkins, Huggins and Johnson)
    Royal
    Walker, Dock, Butler, Chambers (I'd let Fowler dress because I think he's in a secret battle with Preston nobody is talking about)

Stroud, Schobel, Kelsay
    Poz, Crowell, mitchell
    McGee, Simplson, WHitner, Greer (let the rest of the secondary fight it out)

I don't care if we lost 56-0. I would NOT play ANY of these guys.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: If I'm Jauron, I dont play ANYBODY Thursday at all

Agreed, Thursday will be a live tryout for those last few roster spots.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I also don't cut Fitzgerald tommorow, and I let him kickoff and punt Thursday again and sit Moorman, and only use Lindell for field goals.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Romes
        Agreed, Thursday will be a live tryout for those last few roster spots.
        yeah, but I"m talking dont even DRESS them. Why bother letting them play for one series?

I don't want to be like the Giants and lose a top guy for the season in a game that couldn't possibly mean any less than it does.

we accomplished our goals for preseason as far as Im concerned.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

If Trent's healthy he should get 1 series. Otherwise, he's going into the opener on a 3 1/2 week layoff. He'll be rusty as hell. If he's ready to go, let him try to shake off some of the rust in the preseason when it doesn't matter.

Plus, most of their starting D won't be in there so he shouldn't get killed.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Id like to see both Hamdan and Baker get a half like you said, also would like to see Hall and Omon split the game too with Wright working as a 3DN back. Also really want to see Huggins, Jenkins, and Mayle play the whole game and see Derek Fine and Derek Schouman play TE the whole game. Id like Bell at LT the entire game, Gaddis at OG, and Id McCargo, Johnson, Ellis, and Copeland to be our DL.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              If Trent's healthy he should get 1 series. Otherwise, he's going into the opener on a 3 1/2 week layoff. He'll be rusty as hell. If he's ready to go, let him try to shake off some of the rust in the preseason when it doesn't matter.

Plus, most of their starting D won't be in there so he shouldn't get killed.
              With our luck, he'd get injured.
              I'd rather him be rusty in one game, than have him out for 2 or more.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Id like to see both Hamdan and Baker get a half like you said, also would like to see Hall and Omon split the game too with Wright working as a 3DN back. Also really want to see Huggins, Jenkins, and Mayle play the whole game and see Derek Fine and Derek Schouman play TE the whole game. Id like Bell at LT the entire game, Gaddis at OG, and Id McCargo, Johnson, Ellis, and Copeland to be our DL.
                Yup, add McKelvin and Corner getting serious time also and I completely agree.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kenny
                  With our luck, he'd get injured.
                  I'd rather him be rusty in one game, than have him out for 2 or more.
                  we can't afford for him to be rusty week 1. We need a fast start.

It's a gamble either way- I'd rather take the outside chance of an injury than the guaranteed rust.

But, it's a moot argument because Jauron is the arch-conservative. He's so risk-adverse that I bet he wears velcro shoes so he doesn't have to worry about potentially tripping over the shoelaces.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

I would sit Peters.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Why did our only true home preseason game have to be week 4

I probably won't stay past the first half. No way I am sticking around just to be tired the next day at work
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Why isn't this done? I think it is a good idea. Is it that they gotta give the fans one drive?

I think rust is overrated. If you take 10000 snaps in camp, 3 to 12 more aren't gonna do much, IMO.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Game reps can have an 10x more impact than practice reps.

What if some sort of formal agreement could be had that QBs on both sides are two hand touch or bear hug? I want to see more from Hardy and Royal. Give Edwards two series.

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

BTW...what the hell happened to Steve Johnson? He's been non-existant. I'm sure he won't do jack in this game Thursday either...wonder if he'll be cut tomorrow.

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

I forgot who it was, but I read somewhere that said it was almost normal to see rookie WRs shine in OTAs and early summer, but diminish considerably as the grind of TC and preseason games went on. The ones that shine throughout are quite rare. That and we haven't been giving him many looks in games, especially against Pitt.

That's a pretty big overreaction, Raphael.

Comment

Working...
                              X