X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Jason Peters teammates turning on him?

Sentiment in the Buffalo Bills' locker room already has begun to turn away from truant left tackle Jason Peters, who surely deserves more money but is exhausting the patience of those who should be supporting him most.
    The players are reconciling with the fact that, barring some dramatic development, Peters won't be showing up soon.

At least two prominent members of Buffalo's offense -- players who preferred to remain unidentified -- now wonder how much Peters will be able to contribute even if he does show up.
    Many Bills expected Peters would report to the team after their second preseason game on Aug. 14 or when they broke training camp at St. John Fisher College last week.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Jason Peters teammates turning on him?

Peters ain't making many friends... I hope its worth it in the end, but my bet says it won't be.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

knew this was coming soon... This is getting really ugly.
      He really needs to wake up.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Good article.

Its about time someone in the media did some decent investigative work and wrote something like this.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Romes
          Good article.

Its about time someone in the media did some decent investigative work and wrote something like this.
          yes.

And I can tell you that Tim Graham is about as good as it gets in the media.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• cocamide
            • Oct 2006

Besides Peters himself, what do the Bills lose if they don't resign him for the next three years and just let him rot?

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

it also gives you hope that the bills as a whole won't try this next year even if they outperform and have several years on contract.

I bet Evans is one of those guys complaining about this. because he has come in and done everything he's suppose to do in his contract year, and some other dude is potentially being a distraction to getting his deal done. And he's gone through the bad years and everyone thinks this is the year to make the jump.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                • Jul 2007

Come on guys. you would be angry also!

When Practice starts and preseason games are played, money has got to be laid aside.

I have to tell you, this situation is becoming pretty boring!
                Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

If he sits out all year we should trade him. Its enough already!!!

He is the best young Lt in the game, his value is off the chart. I would love for him to be starting for the bills. If they can't make it happen this season, trade him around the draft. He is worth a top ten pick, he's proven!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Sounds like the consensus is Peters is getting some real bad advice from bonehead Parker.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

This is great to hear! I was wondering how long it would take until his fellow teammates starting calling him out. Sure he is underpaid, but he totally handled this the wrong way and he's acting like a selfish *******. Hopefully this kind of stuff will make him realize that he lost and needs to suck it up and come back before he loses his friends for good. If he doesn't come back soon, I could definitely see this ending with Jason Peters going to another team via a trade and struggling a bit because he would be in a new team and new system.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                        Sounds like the consensus is Peters is getting some real bad advice from bonehead Parker.
                        Exactly and many of us have said the same thing!

Comment

• gil
                          • Mar 2005

This is the most bizarre holdout ever - this Parker guy is a real piece of work.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

The thing that worries me the most is that Peters carries a reputation for not being a hard worker. I remember reading an Arkansas article on him working out after he went undrafted, saying that money can serve as a great motivator.

I don't know where is Peters motivation now after he got some money.To get a lot more money, he needs to continue the hard work, or some agent may come along promising a big pay day by holding out.

I don't know what kind of shape he is in and truely no one knows because he has not had any contact with the team since January.

There is just something odd about this case. Only Dockery was able to text to him a little. No other contact with anyone else that we know of, former college teamates, other Bills player, position coaches, etc. Most other holdouts, e.g. Steven Jackson, have information coming out one way or the other letting people know their side of story.

My biggest fear is that Peters is no longer the football player that we know of. If that is the case, the Bills can do nothing about it, either.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

This is starting to really look like something more than a play for money. I'm wondering if Peters is avoiding a physical for a more specific reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X