• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Re: WGR: Brady out for the season

Originally posted by RoanokeVABillsFan
    Trent still needs to be consistent and grow into the role where a QB takes you to the top. If he does, we're there.
    I think that is they key for Buffalo. I like Edwards and based on what I've seen he can be a good QB. The question is, how high is the ceiling?

I think at worst, Edwards will develop into an efficient game-manager who can win games with a good team. At best I think he can be a Drew Brees-type, a guy who can complete a high percentage of his passes and take his team up a level. Time will tell where he falls in that spectrum.

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

I tore my ACL and MCL when playing college football...and I gotta say, it's the worst thing I've ever went to. But if I had to wish that pain on someone else, it would be Brady!!!!

What a great great day...!!!!

Comment

• paladin warrior
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Re: YESSS YESSS YESS Tom.B is hurt

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
        Anyone thinking back to when they did the exact same thing to Losman?

****ing Wilfork.

Well here's karma you cheating f*gg*ts
        OH Yeah I remembered that last year.. No I would not be happy to hurt to any player except Tom.B.. I think that N.E will not win 16-0 this year. Hopefully N.E in the 3 place or last place..Cross my fingers

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          sounds more like wishful thinking. I'm not a dr but he walked off under his own power- would he be able to do that with a torn ACL?

Atlanta RB...Jamal Anderson...walked off under his own power during a Monday night game. Everybody was shocked the next morning when he had a serious knee injury that he never really ever recovered from.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Brady injured!

Brady threads merged here.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

What's the over/under on a torn meniscus?

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

Tom Brady limped off the field in pain, and the New England Patriots can only hope their Super Bowl hopes didn’t go with him.
                The NFL’s reigning MVP left Sunday’s 17-10 victory over Kansas City midway through the first quarter with an injured left knee after being hit on a throw. There was no immediate word on the extent of Brady’s injury—“I am not sure what we are dealing with,” coach Bill Belichick said—or how long he would be out.
                “It kind of looked bad,” wide receiver Randy Moss said.
                Various reports Sunday night said Belichick told the players that the injury was serious. The Patriots were already looking for a possible replacement for Brady. A person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press that former Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms was coming in Monday for a physical.

Brady went to the locker room and wasn’t seen again as backup Matt Cassel led the Patriots to the victory. Cassel, who had thrown just 39 passes in his first three seasons, could see a lot more action if Brady is sidelined next week — or beyond.
                “They’re looking at him, doing some tests on him, so I don’t have any information there,” Belichick said, cracking a smile as he added, “doubt anybody’s interested.”
                link

Comment

• buffalo carlson
                  • Sep 2008

Everything im seeing is saying he is done for the year. espn,nfl.com hell even yahoo news has it on the main page. things are going to good right now and thats not my luck so ill billieve it when i see it. by the way hello everyone!

Comment

• njsue
                    Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
                    Anyone think a Culpepper/Moss reunion is in order???

NO

Comment

• dannyek71
                      Drink Responsibly
                      • Dec 2004

nfl.com says he will miss the season.
                      [

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Culpepper doesn't really seem like the Pats kind of QB. They like guys that can work within a structure and read the entire field, and those aren't Culpepper's strengths.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have thought Moss was the Pats kind of WR, either. Culpepper does have the arm to stretch the field vertically, which is something the Pats lose going from Brady to Cassel.

Right now, they reportedly are working out Chris Simms and Tim Rattay today. I always like Rattay, and I'm a little suprised he isn't in the NFL right now. He is a WCO/system kind of QB. The one thing I don't like about him is his size. The guy is small for an NFL QB, kind of like Jim Sorgi.

Simms showed flashes of ability prior to his spleen injury. He is the kind of pocket guy who fits what the Pats like to do. The one thing I never liked about him is he seems to tighten up in the clutch. Perhaps that is leftover feelings from his college days. He is still a young guy and has some ability, and after his injury nobody can question his toughness.

Comment

• Mike13
                          • Aug 2005

As much as I feel bad for Brady, it is kind of exciting to be in a dog fight. It will make the games that much more interesting to watch. It will be different anyway.
                          So you guys now have a mediocre at best QB with a good but aging defense and one WR and a RB.

Now who does that remind you of?

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                            From SN fantasy site:

One Jets player told Tom Curran said he heard Tom Brady has a torn ACL.
                            Fantasy Source spin: Keep in mind the Jets are in Miami. "Everybody I talked to said it's a torn ACL," said one Jets player. "Players AND coaches. When we came in here that's what people were saying, 'Brady's got a torn ACL.'" While that injury certainly looked possible, it's hard to imagine the Jets have inside information as they get off the field.
                            True....but don't forget that the Jets HC Mangini has to still have friends at the Patriots facility. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the trainers or staffers leaked it to him.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Until Brady is on IR I am not going to believe anything the Patriots say. Bellichick loves to not tip his hat. Heck, he could have a bruise or an ACL tear and Bellichick would not realease anything until he officially has to release some information.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                                Give me a minute...
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                                Until Brady is on IR I am not going to believe anything the Patriots say. Bellichick loves to not tip his hat. Heck, he could have a bruise or an ACL tear and Bellichick would not realease anything until he officially has to release some information.
                                I don't think BB has to tip anything this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X