Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edwards radio praise

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Edwards radio praise

schleret and wingo on espn radio were praising edwards this morning...schleret once again made the claim that "he throws best deep ball in the league." Wingo said that "he is beyond solid, he's going to be something special." Each praised him for over a minute and picked Bills over Phins!

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Edwards radio praise

Oh no. Is Edwards the new Brady?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billser
    schleret and wingo on espn radio were praising edwards this morning...schleret once again made the claim that "he throws best deep ball in the league." Wingo said that "he is beyond solid, he's going to be something special." Each praised him for over a minute and picked Bills over Phins!
    no room on the bandwagon for them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    My wife asked me the other night. "He's going to be the next Tom Brady isn't he?"

Thanks
    Thanked 26,408 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He doesn't even throw the best deep ball on the team, let alone the league.

Don't get me wrong- I like Edwards, he's playing extremely well and I think he's refuted the myth that he has a weak arm. And I'm glad he's on the field and not JP.

But when these national media guys say stuff like this, it just shows that they have their heads up their asses. JP is not a better QB than Edwards, but he does throw a better deep ball.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Edwards is showing he's more accurate at throwing the deep ball though. JP could definitely still throw it farther though.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BAM
    My wife asked me the other night. "He's going to be the next Tom Brady isn't he?"
    I hope not. Edwards is the man, sure. But all the Brady type butt-loving from ESPN is very nauseating.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37

Don't get me wrong- I like Edwards, he's playing extremely well and I think he's refuted the myth that he has a weak arm. And I'm glad he's on the field and not JP.

But when these national media guys say stuff like this, it just shows that they have their heads up their asses. JP is not a better QB than Edwards, but he does throw a better deep ball.
    it's his opinion just like you have yours .

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi

Oh, and i forgot to mention, Trent was on show two days ago and guy introduced him as "one great looking guy" ....seems like he's on his way to being new Tom Brady

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    it's his opinion just like you have yours .
    well, his opinion is not supported by the evidence.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billser
    Oh, and i forgot to mention, Trent was on show two days ago and guy introduced him as "one great looking guy" ....seems like he's on his way to being new Tom Brady
    Trent is a good looking guy? I don't see it.

only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow! Mitchell55's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your a idiot. Trent can throw as far as alot of QBs and is accurate. Every deep pass he has ever thrown was perfect and never under or overthrown.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell59
    Your a idiot. Trent can throw as far as alot of QBs and is accurate. Every deep pass he has ever thrown was perfect and never under or overthrown.
    "Your a idiot"? If you're going to call someone else an idiot, at least learn some grammar and punctuation first.

And every deep pass Edwards has thrown has NOT been perfect. I remember a couple times this season where Evans had to slow down to catch a ball from Trent and it cost him some YAC.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"Your a idiot"? If you're going to call someone else an idiot, at least learn some grammar and punctuation first.

And every deep pass Edwards has thrown has NOT been perfect. I remember a couple times this season where Evans had to slow down to catch a ball from Trent and it cost him some YAC.

Each one was in his 2nd or 3rd game. Also if you have noticed, ever deep ball this year from Edwards had to be a perfect pass. Each one was in double coverage. I understand 100% what the radio guys were talking about.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Man, Op, you're on a roll these days. normally i see where you are coming from, but you're losing me a little :-)

trent's long ball is well timed, very accurate, and he get can it out under normal conditions. Losman's long ball, while longer, tends to take longer to develop because he likes to see that extra step of separation. So Losman tends to get sacked more as a result as he waits for things to show up. Trent puts it on the money for 20+ gains in about the same throwing window as his short passes. it makes him a little more dangerous.

I get that you're not saying, let's start JP, but i don't get the point of saying JP does it better. If i had to pick a QB for the NFL QB challenege for the distance throw, i'd definitely take JP. But if i had to evaluate a guy's long ball in a standard 4-5 second window, i'd pick trent.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

well, his opinion is not supported by the evidence.

haha! The same can be said by your opinions on other subjects.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    Man, Op, you're on a roll these days. normally i see where you are coming from, but you're losing me a little :-)

trent's long ball is well timed, very accurate, and he get can it out under normal conditions. Losman's long ball, while longer, tends to take longer to develop because he likes to see that extra step of separation. So Losman tends to get sacked more as a result as he waits for things to show up. Trent puts it on the money for 20+ gains in about the same throwing window as his short passes. it makes him a little more dangerous.

I get that you're not saying, let's start JP, but i don't get the point of saying JP does it better. If i had to pick a QB for the NFL QB challenege for the distance throw, i'd definitely take JP. But if i had to evaluate a guy's long ball in a standard 4-5 second window, i'd pick trent.

I know, he seems to think long ball is only distance. It is a mix of alot of different things.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus

Look, I'm not saying Trent throws a bad long ball, but he doesn't always hit the receivers in stride beyond a certain distance and he doesn't throw it as far as Losman.

I understand what you're saying- JP's long ball usually takes extraordinary OL protection or some scrambling to buy time. That's why Edwards is the better QB overall- he can get the ball out in normal conditions whereas JP can't. But when it comes to the long ball only, I think JP is better.

I'm not even criticizing Trent here- I'm just saying that it's inaccurate to say he has the best long ball in the league.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    haha! The same can be said by your opinions on other subjects.
    wrong. You just ignore evidence that you don't like.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Look, I'm not saying Trent throws a bad long ball, but he doesn't always hit the receivers in stride beyond a certain distance and he doesn't throw it as far as Losman.

I understand what you're saying- JP's long ball usually takes extraordinary OL protection or some scrambling to buy time. That's why Edwards is the better QB overall- he can get the ball out in normal conditions whereas JP can't. But when it comes to the long ball only, I think JP is better.

I'm not even criticizing Trent here- I'm just saying that it's inaccurate to say he has the best long ball in the league.
    who knows what the guy's intent was, but i think he means it from a "he can get the ball to the receiver without playing all his cards." He disguises those long passes better than most QB's. You know when most QB's are thinking long once the play starts. often times on the edwards long pass, it looks like it's a regular play. That makes his long ball one of the best in the league.

I don't see the point of sportscasters just talking about the distance that he can throw it. it doesn't make sense.