X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffRanger
    • Sep 2004

Re: Not Challenging The 4th And Inches Spot

They rarely, if ever, overturn spot calls on challenges. It's not worth doing it because it would have just been a wasted TO. They overturned that one on moorman, but it couldn't have been more clear. Not to mention, it was a full two yards. If the ref spotted it just short of the 1st down marker, maybe only half a yard, they still wouldn't have overturned it.

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

It would have been brilliance if the penalty hadn't ocurred.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
        Yes. Due to the fact we called a fake punt that would have worked we ended up punting anyways, thus proving the fake punt was a dumb call.

it wasn't a dumb call because we got a penalty. It's the penalty that was dumb.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffRanger
          They rarely, if ever, overturn spot calls on challenges. It's not worth doing it because it would have just been a wasted TO. They overturned that one on moorman, but it couldn't have been more clear. Not to mention, it was a full two yards. If the ref spotted it just short of the 1st down marker, maybe only half a yard, they still wouldn't have overturned it.

I disagree I have seen spots challenged and fixed on many occassions. In this case the challenge is with the spot anyway and the ball was spotted short. If they respot the ball we win the challenge that does not mean we got the first down. You aren't challenging that you got the first down you are challenging where the ball was spotted. You challenge that call and win and they respot the ball in the correct place and then you determine if you got the first down. You won the challenge.

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

the no challenge lost us then game, then and there. it was clearly a first down. I was in the nose bleeds and could still see it. jauron is a dumbass.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

I wondered the same thing. I guess DJ thought they prolly would screw us on that one too. BTW, what a terrible effin spot on that play. There is no way we didn't get that first down.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                can someone please explain this to me. I thought that was the game right there and it was very early. I was very upset this spot did not get challenged and then a few plays later a clear catch was challenged. Someone make sense of this travestry of this for me please.
                I'll take this one and make it crystal clear. Here goes:

Jauron is a terrible head coach!

Comment

• paladin warrior
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

. <------ Dick J. . Dick J is a hollow head. He should have FG. Buffalo Bills was 4-0 before. Dick J. Blow it. Well I dont know how Long Dick J going to stay Buffalo Bills coach?

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I didn't see a good enough camera angle that could have overturned the original ****ty spot. Too many fat guys in the way.

On that play, I would not be giving the ball to my little running back and running the same play that hasn't worked all year. I would have either given it to the fullback or had Trent do a play-action rollout and let him try to beat the defender to the outside. We couldn't do **** running the ball all day so why not try something to the outside that doesn't involve Trent choreographing a run? He needs to improve is "faking ability".

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Dick Jauron is the stupidest challenger of calls that I've ever seen. There is no other way to put it. He routinely ignores challenging questionable calls in critical situations.

It pisses me off to no end. The thing that really gets me is that I'm actually shocked each time he does it...or doesn't do it, whatever the case may be. He is NOT doing everything he can to help this team win.

Comment

• njsue
                        Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                        • Sep 2003

Comment

• thenry20
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                          can someone please explain this to me. I thought that was the game right there and it was very early. I was very upset this spot did not get challenged and then a few plays later a clear catch was challenged. Someone make sense of this travestry of this for me please.
                          You mean on that 3rd and 1 run play? It's rather sad to use this as an excuse for the loss. Dude! If you can't gain 1 freakin yard on a run, you don't deserve to challenge anything or win a game.

Comment

Working...
                          X