Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to get a better tall WR in here to help out Evans. Who do you want?

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Angry Time to get a better tall WR in here to help out Evans. Who do you want?

McHardy looks like he's not brigght enough to understand what it takes to be a decent NFL wide receiver. Who do you want to be the #2 and McHardy can learn on the job as a #4 receiver or #5 receiver?

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Time to get a better tall WR in here to help out Evans. Who do you want?

Half a season...... are you serious? Most WR's take at least a year to adjust to the NFL game. Consider that Hardy is playing in an offense that is much different and running routes he's never run before. Now that Reed is out, I expect to see Hardy a little more each week until he returns. I'm not expecting a sudden break-out (though it would be a nice surprise), but he should be worked into the game more often.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think we should just clone Evans.

Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment raphael120's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm going to start calling Hardy Hardly because he's hardly and NFL WR.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm inlcined to give Hardy a rookie pass but he looks hardly special. Even Ted Ginn, who struggled last year, showed plenty of flashes.

He really looks like another Kevin Everett signing.

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well we are probably the worst team to ever play the game, so we should have a shot at Crabtree after all!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are funny! You couldn't be talking about that underthrown pass that Trent had yesterday right? These past few games when Hardy has been called on he has been o.k. GO BILLS!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hardy right now is the victim of bad play calling and the Offenzive cordinater not using his size and speed to there advatage, they take to long to go to him in the redzone if they even do, he never gets the ball short on a slant pattern, also having Trent put it up to him from the 40 instead of inside the 20 which we were a few times against maimi and NYJ, is just a bad play call and a bad throw by Trent

no running gmaes means the Cbs are sitting on the pass not even thinking about the run that is why it seems like the pass rush and coverage has been so good
    Our Over paid Oline is problem number 1
    and then the overpaid Dline is even better

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The one time he's run a fade route and had the ball put where he could get it, it was a TD. Isn't that what he was brought here for? If I were to compare him with a good NFL veteran, it would be Burress, but before you guys start looking for Plaxico Burress in a rookie, consider what he was like his rookie year.

22 catches, 273 yards, 0 TD's

Hardy is 22 for goodness sake. He's barely through his awkward years.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,408 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by New Ro's Greatest
    You guys are funny! You couldn't be talking about that underthrown pass that Trent had yesterday right? These past few games when Hardy has been called on he has been o.k. GO BILLS!
    This is a fallacy that happens all too frequently around here.

When someone criticizes a player, someone else picks out the worst play and automatically assumes the criticism slowly revolved around that play.

The INT at the end was not Hardy's fault. With an underthrown ball, there's almost nothing he could have done to get to it that wouldnt' have resulted in offensive PI.

That being said, he still had a bad game. He ran bad routes and didn't get open. There's a reason why Edwards didn't throw to him.

Hardy did have some nice grabs against Miami, but other than that, he's been a non-factor. It's early in his career and it's too soon to dismiss him completely, but this team really needs him to show something in Reed's absence.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,693 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    That being said, he still had a bad game. He ran bad routes and didn't get open. There's a reason why Edwards didn't throw to him.
    While I am not saying he was great, Trent did not look his way very often.

It was not all on Hardy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,408 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    While I am not saying he was great, Trent did not look his way very often.

It was not all on Hardy.
    no, I said in another thread that the whole O played poorly.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bigbub2352
    Hardy right now is the victim of bad play calling and the Offenzive cordinater not using his size and speed to there advatage, they take to long to go to him in the redzone if they even do, he never gets the ball short on a slant pattern, also having Trent put it up to him from the 40 instead of inside the 20 which we were a few times against maimi and NYJ, is just a bad play call and a bad throw by Trent
    I'm starting to wonder why our coaches like to ease players into the league when you have guys like Coltson, Desean Jackson and Royals not needing any time to develop.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,693 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    I'm starting to wonder why our coaches like to ease players into the league when you have guys like Coltson, Desean Jackson and Royals not needing any time to develop.
    Those players are the exception, not the rule.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    Those players are the exception, not the rule.
    yeah, this team or it's moves are never an exception to the rule. It's always another team.

Lynch shouldn't be an exception. He should've been a beast by now after drafting him where we did. Yet he's playing like Beauty instead of the beast.

Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment raphael120's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gonzales would've helped....who looks stupid now?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

is this kid serious right now ?
    :historian: LETS GO BUFFALO :historian:

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    yeah, this team or it's moves are never an exception to the rule. It's always another team.

Lynch shouldn't be an exception. He should've been a beast by now after drafting him where we did. Yet he's playing like Beauty instead of the beast.
    Walter Payton in his prime couldn't gain 30 yards behind this line. You have got to be kidding me.

That's like Rosie blaming spoons for being fat.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train
    Walter Payton in his prime couldn't gain 30 yards behind this line. You have got to be kidding me.

That's like Rosie blaming spoons for being fat.
    Let me clarify, Lynch is not the problem. My point is, we can't catch a break with any player that is able to make up for any shortcoming in other areas. I've always stated our running game blows even when others were saying they were average.

Willis ran better with Bennie Anderson for crying out loud. If this continues, I will have to apologize to Mularkey and Fairchild.

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Angry Re: Time to get a better tall WR in here to help out Evans. Who do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by andyxc71
    Half a season...... are you serious? Most WR's take at least a year to adjust to the NFL game. Consider that Hardy is playing in an offense that is much different and running routes he's never run before. Now that Reed is out, I expect to see Hardy a little more each week until he returns. I'm not expecting a sudden break-out (though it would be a nice surprise), but he should be worked into the game more often.
    Yes I'm VERY serious, no time for projects!!!!
    :drama: