• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Zone Exclusive: Winners and Losers

The Zone's weekly look at the winners and losers for week 10.

Denver 34 / Cleveland 30
    Winner: Brady Quinn (CLE) has spent the last 23 games on the sidelines waiting for his chance. On Thursday night the second year QB played well and most importantly protected the football. The Browns lost but the future looks promising for the fans of Cleveland.
    Loser: Braylon Edwards (CLE) only had one catch against the Champ Bailey-less Broncos. It will take time to develop with Quinn, but Edwards should’ve exploiting the Bronco’s weak defense.

Full article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Zone Exclusive: Winners and Losers

I would have given the loser tag to SF's Hill for the stupid shuttle pass near the end of the game. Also I would have given Hill the loser tagt for piss poor clock management in the dying seconds of the game.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I dont think Hill should be starting period. He's not a smart QB or very good. So you cant blame him for being dumb.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

But you can't deny that he was a contributing factor to the Niner's loss.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Not at all.

The way I see it though, inexperienced QB's need solid TE play. Vernon Davis is a big talent... he needs to contribute more.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
            But you can't deny that he was a contributing factor to the Niner's loss.
            He was also a contributing factor in having the lead for most of the game.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

who was responsible for making this a monday night game? thats the real loser.
              It was all

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

MBB
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

It wasn't as much Hill as it was Martz and the SF coaching staff. They had people running on and off the field. What was Hill supposed to do? He had to wait until they were set.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Like I said when you play Shaun Hill and you get Shaun Hill like play, how can you complain?
                    It was all

Comment

Working...
                    X