• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Trent's head..

Interesting post over at TBD.. It makes a lot more sense than anything else I've heard. Yes, teams have figured out how to defend us/him better, he's a young player... blah, blah, blah.. It is blatantly obvious that there is something more going on here. This is not a sophomore slump or simple loss of confidence, the kid has done a complete 180 in the areas he excelled at most, quick reads and decisions.

I've never had a concussion, and was not aware of the non-linear nature of concussion syndrome & symptoms, and how they are affected and brought back on by stress, very interesting stuff.

In one sense it makes me feel a little better, that the real Edwards is more of what we saw prior to these past 4 weeks.. then on the other hand, it's incredibly troubling to think they'd put the kid back in too soon and risk something serious.. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that intentionally, but how many players have they put back on the field this year when they weren't ready to go..

Last edited by JJamezz; 11-18-2008, 09:09 PM.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Trent's head..

it could be the only rational explaination.. because this is not the same guy that played the first 3 games of the season.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

what i just cant seem to phathom though.. because i have had this discussion with several friends.. how is it possible that a whole team of doctors and coaches that are looking at his play, cant see this???

if this is truly the issue, how could it not be obvious in practice? in warm ups? and obviously in games.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

I believe what you're saying has to have something to do with it.
        Ever since 'light's out' he hasn't been the same.
        And seems to be getting worse.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
          • Jan 2008

Ive had multiple concussions and ive had post concussion syndrome it does throw you off quite a bit but im not ready to use it as an excuse if the trainers have him out there playing
          I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i have had a concussion 1 time from playing hockey.. but i cant even come close to saying mine was as bad as his.. that hit he took was absolutely brutal.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Tatonka
              i have had a concussion 1 time from playing hockey.. but i cant even come close to saying mine was as bad as his.. that hit he took was absolutely brutal.
              mine were pretty bad and i had them within 3 months of each other so i was pretty banged up and was not 100% until about a month and a half later so I wouldnt rule out post concussion syndrome but like I said if the trainers have him out there its hard to say hes not 100%
              I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Never bothered Steve Young.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I don't know what grade of concussion he had, but I'm guessing it was on the severe end seeing how he had memory loss and was completely out of it for at least 15 mins or so..

What I found interesting were the symptoms - I didn't realize concussions caused long term cognitive problems like impaired ability to process information & problem solve, along with slower reaction to stimuli. Sure looks like what we've been seeing on the field - which is now being magnified by loss of confidence in his abilities.

I also didn't realize how long the symptoms can last - I figured a person had a headache & maybe some dizziness for a few weeks, I had no idea.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid.. If he's having lingering problems and trying to 'play through them', he needs to wake the f up.. he's hurting the team and more importantly endangering himself.

6 weeks ago he's being talked about as a young star, up and coming QB. While I thought it way premature, there were comparisons to some elite NFL QB's being thrown around in the media, even talk of the Pro Bowl.. To go from that to what we witnessed last night, I simply cannot believe there isn't some truth to this. You'd have an easier time convincing me he was abducted by aliens and his never-played-football-in-his-life doppleganger is out there taking the field on Sundays..

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

He should be good next year...

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        how is it possible that a whole team of doctors and coaches that are looking at his play, cant see this???
                        Because they suck?

Dick needs to go....period. The team is undisciplined (how many timeouts have been wasted because of too many men on the field?), unmotivated and sloppy. Yes, part goes on the players but the coaches are ultimately responsible for what happens on the field.

Until a new FO is in place, this team isn't going anywhere. Hence my avatar I put up the day they announced Dick was hired. I figured 3 more years of mediocrity, then another change. Unfortunately Ralph re-upped his contract....senility is no longer a guess, it's a fact.

So we wait and hope Ralph get a moment of clarity next season and hires a new GM/coach. Otherwise it will be the Toronto/LA Bills in 2010.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Edwards shows up and practices. Don't you think that the coaches, the 53 players, all with varying experiences having seen team mates with residual effects of a bell rung, would speak up?

This person is spot on. His concussion was mild because they let him get on the plane right after the game. If you have a severe one, you don't fly (period).
                          Somebody would've noticed Edwards wasn't 'the same' by now, and they wouldn't let him play.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

With Losman already leaving, The Bills may need to bring in more than 1 QB, unless Hamden is viewed as a decent backup.

A viable alternative must be ID'd, in case Edwards never regains his previous form of being prudent with the ball.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

Bunk INHO.....how do you explain the SD game?

Originally posted by JJamezz
                              Interesting post over at TBD.. It makes a lot more sense than anything else I've heard. Yes, teams have figured out how to defend us/him better, he's a young player... blah, blah, blah.. It is blatantly obvious that there is something more going on here. This is not a sophomore slump or simple loss of confidence, the kid has done a complete 180 in the areas he excelled at most, quick reads and decisions.

I've never had a concussion, and was not aware of the non-linear nature of concussion syndrome & symptoms, and how they are affected and brought back on by stress, very interesting stuff.

In one sense it makes me feel a little better, that the real Edwards is more of what we saw prior to these past 4 weeks.. then on the other hand, it's incredibly troubling to think they'd put the kid back in too soon and risk something serious.. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that intentionally, but how many players have they put back on the field this year when they weren't ready to go..

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=77170
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                              X