X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Is Miller Overrated?

Its sure looking like it right now. I hope Lindy puts Lalime in there long enough to get on a roll and get Miller's attention. Miller is always talking the talk but hasn't been walking the walk in awhile. He didn't get much help last night but half of those goals were stoppable and sometimes you need your goalie to step up to the plate and win a game for the team. I'm tired of hearing him talk about bad breaks all of the time.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is Miller Overrated?

He looks terrible lately.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mchurchfie
      Its sure looking like it right now. I hope Lindy puts Lalime in there long enough to get on a roll and get Miller's attention. Miller is always talking the talk but hasn't been walking the walk in awhile. He didn't get much help last night but half of those goals were stoppable and sometimes you need your goalie to step up to the plate and win a game for the team. I'm tired of hearing him talk about bad breaks all of the time.
      Uh, what? Have you seen Lalime play in the past two games? He was far worse than Miller has.

Miller has been struggling a little bit lately but he is far from overrated. He stood on his head multiple times earlier in the season to get this team 2 points.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        He looks terrible lately.
        He looks surprised and clueless when a goal goes in. Not very encouraging.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
          Uh, what? Have you seen Lalime play in the past two games? He was far worse than Miller has.

Miller has been struggling a little bit lately but he is far from overrated. He stood on his head multiple times earlier in the season to get this team 2 points.
          No kidding but Lalime has also played some pretty good hockey early on too. Maybe he just needs as many chances as Miller has gotten to get back up to speed. You just can't throw him in there every 4-5 games and expect perfection. He has been a starting goalie in this league and played well so why not shake things up a little and let him start 3-4 games. We surely can't do any worse than now. Miller is obviously in a slump.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• RockStar36
            • Sep 2004

Just a hunch but Lalime will probably start sometime this weekend. I'd guess the Saturday game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Miller got hung out to dry on a couple of those goals. That Tallinder turnover was one, and there was at least one more where 3 Sabres stood there and no one put a body on the Bruins player (I ****ing HATE that and it seems to happen once a game with these idiots).

But overall, I would say that Miller's overrated. He'll make a spectacular save, then let in a softie 45 seconds later. And when he's a little off and can't make the spectacular save, he still lets in a softie or two and the result is a blowout like last night.

I was hoping that part of the problem last year was just that he was burned out, but now I'm not so sure.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

I'm thinking Lalime might be starting tomorrow and maybe Saturday if he plays well, who knows.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

I'll puke all over the floor if Lalime starts against Philly.

And I don't think you can say that Miller is overrated based on last year and his current little slump. What about the back to back shutouts earlier this year? He isn't overrated. Sure he is struggling right now but let's not get crazy here.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

I think Miller has let in 5+ goals in his last three or four games or close to it. That would definitely qualify as struggling. Time to give him a rest, we're not talking about putting him on waivers.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                      I think Miller has let in 5+ goals in his last three or four games or close to it. That would definitely qualify as struggling. Time to give him a rest, we're not talking about putting him on waivers.
                      So you give him a rest to put in a guy who has let up 5 and 6 goals in his last two games?

D & S Sports

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        So you give him a rest to put in a guy who has let up 5 and 6 goals in his last two games?
                        Like I said, give him as many chances in succession as Miller has had to get up to speed a little.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

Where exactly has Miller been "talking the talk"??? I don't recall ever reading about him touting himself as a great goaltender. I think he is certainly above average in this league right now and the only people that are "overrating" him are Buffalo fans who claim he is godlike in the first place.

He is prone to slumps where he looks not too good, and our lack of defense clearly doesn't help that any, but he also single handedly keeps the team in many games despite that same defense. I think he's worth every bit of the money he's getting when you look elsewhere around the league right now.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            • Sep 2004

The only time I heard him talk was after the TB game where he said something about how some players on the team try to act pretty instead of just playing hockey. He said something to the effect of "I thought we tried that stuff last year and didn't work so I'm not sure why we're doing it now" but it wasn't anything major. And I believe shortly after that he had his back to back shutouts so I think he backed it up.

I don't mean to make excuses for the man because he does let in some questionable goals but all goalies do. Meanwhile I think he is hung out to dry more times than not but a crappy defense and he takes the bulk of the blame.

D & S Sports

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

Man i got blasted for this when he signed his contract, Miller is very overratted
                              I was saying it when we were awesome those 2 yrs but nobody wanted to see it, he was letting in 3-4 goals a game and we were outscoring opponents
                              I have said Miller lacks to much focus goes down to much, and i hate to say it the league has figured out how to score on him
                              his lack of shut outs in his career should have told people he is not a shut down goalie but more of a stop gap goalie
                              He is way to emotional for a goaltender some say he is emo, and really weird in the loker room just rumers i have heard

I will go on record i think Miller sucks been saying it for awhile
                              bash away
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X