Thread: Pats and Dolphins could lose players to suspension

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pats and Dolphins could lose players to suspension

Pats LT Matt Light and Dolphins LB Channing Crowder could face league discipline after their fight during Sunday’s game between New England and Miami.

I’d be shocked if either of them got suspended for a game. The league doesn’t like to hamstring teams on a playoff run by taking starters off the field for what started as a shoving match.
    more

Matt Light pulled Crowder's hair at the end of it..what a girl.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pats and Dolphins could lose players to suspension

Did he swing his purse too?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 2,020 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Watch Crowder get suspended and Light get a slap on the wrist.
    It would be typical for Goodell to go easy on the one who started the fight (girlishly) since he is a Cheatriot.

Crowder was smart enough to retaliate, he was pretty damn pissed on his way to the tunnel though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're probably right, Mike.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't see the incident so it's hard to judge but I doubt either get suspended. I can't even remember the last time a player got suspended for something like that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I keep wondering how Matt Light has ever made his way to Hawaii, other than through his travel agent. Maybe I'm biased after seeing him get victimized by Jason Taylor, but after Sunday, it's now been confirmed that he is a grade A punk. True, I wouldn't say that to his face, even w/ the lawsuit excuse/shield, but he's just another dirty dog Patriots player. I imagine the water boy is the same character guy, lol. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just being bitter, I mean they do have upstanding citizen players like, Rodney Harrison and Vernon Wilfork, so I could be making an off base remark. Here's what one of our other linebackers, Akin Ayodele had to say:
    Dolphins linebacker Akin Ayodele on Monday accused New England of taking ''malicious,'' potentially injurious shots after the whistle, helping to provoke the Dolphins into the late-game emotional meltdown. And Ayodele wasn't just talking about Sunday.
    Ayodele, who faced the Patriots in a high-profile game last season while with Dallas, said big-game emotions run high, ``but usually this only happens when you play the Patriots. I know every time I've been in games like that, it's mostly when you play those guys.''
    Ayodele told reporters to watch the broadcast of the game and see what happens after the whistle. He said he thought officials let cheap shots after the play go to the point that players believed they had to take action to defend themselves or teammates. Dolphins nose guard Jason Ferguson said officials didn't try to take control of the game until it was too late.
    According to both teams, players on both sides kept up a steady stream of trash talk throughout the game. Several Miami players weren't happy the Patriots didn't just sit on the ball once 24 yards worth of unnecessary-roughness and unsportsmanlike-conduct penalties on linebacker Joey Porter gave New England first-and-goal on the Dolphins 8-yard line with 2:38 left.
    ''When you get out there on the field, using certain words and saying some things, it's part of football,'' Ayodele said. ``When you start having malicious intent to end somebody's career and somebody's game, that's when you go overboard

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3728213

New England Patriots offensive tackle Matt Light and Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder have both been fined $15,000 by the NFL, but not suspended, for their roles in an on-field altercation during the Patriots' win at Miami on Sunday.

Fined equally even though one got punched in the head a few times. Mmmkay

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Matt Light does a garage door commercial here..that doesn't look good for the business. I hope they drop his ass!

btw, he can't act for ****! He's like a robot on that commercial.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Damn I just saw that clip of Matt Light pulling Crowder's hair. Damn what a homo. Fight like a man already!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    Damn I just saw that clip of Matt Light pulling Crowder's hair. Damn what a homo. Fight like a man already!