Thread: Spikes still fond of Buffalo

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Spikes still fond of Buffalo

Spikes may play in San Francisco, but he sounds like his heart is still in Buffalo. He wanted to retire here. He said the people are genuine and he fondly recalled how Bills fans wooed him when he played his last game with the Bengals in the 2002 finale at The Ralph.

"It was almost like a recruiting trip coming out of high school going to college," said Spikes, who was traded to Philadelphia in 2007. "I saw the mock jerseys with 'Spikes' on it, saying 'Spikes, you're a free agent. We want you here.' Just to go through that process and just to see it come true, and then once I got there it was a great fit for me. To have the success that I had there as quickly as I did ... it just kind of affected everything else after that."

Like they were with the Bills, Spikes and Clements are stalwarts on the 49ers' defense.

Playing inside linebacker next to young superstar Patrick Willis, Spikes is the 49ers' second-leading tackler with 82 and has a team-high three interceptions.

LINK

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Spikes still fond of Buffalo

I always liked him.

and consider we got Keith "Pancakes" Ellison starting, Spikes is still a lot better.. Oh well.

I hope he doesnt do **** Sunday, but I hope he continues to play well after.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've always loved watching Spikes play, I wish him the best in San Fran but just not against our Bills this week.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I enjoyed his time here in Buffalo. It was too bad the injury bug hit him so hard.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Spikes was a beast. He still has that fierce and competitive attitude but the achilles injury is a tough one too come back from. Too bad really. I wish him luck, just not against us on Sunday.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No athlete will ever have a better name than Takeo Spikes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm still fond of Spikes.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, he would be pretty pissed off if we boo'ed him? =)

I don't know, if he is that fond of us, maybe he will blow the game for San Fran if we cheer for him!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Spikes was absolutely dominant for us in '03, 04, and the game and a half or so he played for us in '05 before the injury. The guy brought an intensity and energy to the D that this team has lacked since the second he got carted off that field.

That injury absolutely screwed him but he'll always be one of my favorite Bills players.

PS- I met him and got his autograph after the '04 game in Baltimore. People make a lot of jokes about athletes having no neck, but the dude seriously has no neck- just a wedge of muscle that goes from just below his jaw to his collarbone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

people quickly forget that TKO forced his way out of buffalo and demanded a trade.. after we stuck with him following the injury.

sorry but it was nice when he was here and wanted to be here.. but **** him now.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

His injury hasn't hampered his career..he's still playing great football. I loved him, but I remember what Tatonka remembers.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    people quickly forget that TKO forced his way out of buffalo and demanded a trade.
    Your right, I did forget. I forgot about it so much, I really don't think that happened. Maybe you could provide a link or something.

I remember us thinking Ellison was just as good, but younger and cheaper. Well, TKO had a stretch were he was unsigned, as I recall. We should have brought him right back in. Ellison sucks.

I'll root for Spikes. I don't think I could care less about Clements though.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry but Spikes to me was a non factor who's mouth was bigger than his play.

What happened to players that would come up big at big times?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's taken him three years to return to a somewhat decent level, so parting with him was for the best. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, or the Bills for letting him go (although it could have been a less embarrassing manner than the Darwin Walker trade)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    It's taken him three years to return to a somewhat decent level, so parting with him was for the best. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, or the Bills for letting him go (although it could have been a less embarrassing manner than the Darwin Walker trade)
    But, when has Ellsion ever played at a semi-decent level. I swear he made more plays when he was a rookie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Your right, I did forget. I forgot about it so much, I really don't think that happened. Maybe you could provide a link or something.

I remember us thinking Ellison was just as good, but younger and cheaper. Well, TKO had a stretch were he was unsigned, as I recall. We should have brought him right back in. Ellison sucks.

I'll root for Spikes. I don't think I could care less about Clements though.

look it up yourself. im not digging for a links from 3 years ago. he forced a trade. you want a link, go find one.

he is a washed up, injured linebacker that plays for a ****ty team. who gives a **** about him. he doesnt give a **** about you. thats for sure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tell us how you really feel!