Darcy...seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Darcy...seriously?

During periods he was interviewed and said that there is no reason to panic right now and that there were good things happening in the last few games. Really? Really? What the hell is this guy watching? The more the FO talks, the more it is obvious that they are clueless!
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Darcy...seriously?

Yeah, being clueless has led them to the Stanley cup finals and two other conference finals...could it be they are saying nothing just like most teams front offices...should he come out and say, "Yeah Max really sucks and we know Kotalik can't play. Timmy is just chronically injured but he's a great guy". Say stuff like that and you'll make some of the fans happy and not be called clueless but you just removed any value those players may have had. Personally, if I were a GM I'd never give a press conference or answer questions about on ice stuff.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

What is he supposed to say. We suck and we wont do anything this year?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

When I saw that interview, I knew you were going to over-react.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          Yeah, being clueless has led them to the Stanley cup finals and two other conference finals...could it be they are saying nothing just like most teams front offices...should he come out and say, "Yeah Max really sucks and we know Kotalik can't play. Timmy is just chronically injured but he's a great guy". Say stuff like that and you'll make some of the fans happy and not be called clueless but you just removed any value those players may have had. Personally, if I were a GM I'd never give a press conference or answer questions about on ice stuff.

Emphasized part of it for you Eb.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Give me some Timmy Ho's gift certificates and Max is gone!

Addition by subtraction

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              When I saw that interview, I knew you were going to over-react.
              Yep, you're right...I overreact. Funny thing is, I've been right with most of my interpretations of what's gone on with this team. I don't hear you comment on any of that?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                Give me some Timmy Ho's gift certificates and Max is gone!

Addition by subtraction
                Uh oh, don't say that...Lecter thinks you're overreacting!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  Umm, did they make the playoffs last year? Did they win the cup when they SHOULD have? That year they needed to add some veteran leadership and they didn't...doesn't seem to smart to me. How about the handling of the Drury/Briere situation? Yeah, not to smart on that one either. Oh, how about waiting on Vanek and then having to overpay for him? Oh yeah, not to smart there either. Also, they haven't changed with the league and are continuing to get beat up and constantly are out hustled by other teams. They've done nothing to address the deficiences of this team, but yeah, they know what they're doing. If they don't address this roster soon, I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. I'm sorry, but the way they've run this team the past few years really doesn't install too much confidence in most fans especially since they refuse to address the problems with the team.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

The clock is ticking on the FO.

This is the team they assembled.

This is the direction they chose to go in.

No inheritance or lockout to help them this time around. This is their team more than any other previous version.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      Umm, did they make the playoffs last year? Did they win the cup when they SHOULD have? That year they needed to add some veteran leadership and they didn't...doesn't seem to smart to me. How about the handling of the Drury/Briere situation? Yeah, not to smart on that one either. Oh, how about waiting on Vanek and then having to overpay for him? Oh yeah, not to smart there either. Also, they haven't changed with the league and are continuing to get beat up and constantly are out hustled by other teams. They've done nothing to address the deficiences of this team, but yeah, they know what they're doing. If they don't address this roster soon, I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. I'm sorry, but the way they've run this team the past few years really doesn't install too much confidence in most fans especially since they refuse to address the problems with the team.
                      There is never a year when you *should* win a cup.
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• clumping platelets

This team does not need to be dismantled..........just cast off some deadweight and add a couple of players that can add physicality, leadership, and win a freakin' faceoff when you MUST win a faceoff

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          Yep, you're right...I overreact. Funny thing is, I've been right with most of my interpretations of what's gone on with this team. I don't hear you comment on any of that?
                          No, your over-reaction is that he did not come and say the team sucks.

What do you want him to say?

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• rbochan
                              Zamboni Driver
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              No, your over-reaction is that he did not come and say the team sucks.

What do you want him to say?
                              I'd like to see him (and Ruff AND the 'leadership' players) start calling out players for not doing their jobs. We've heard every excuse in the book.
                              ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                              it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X