JP Losman fans where ya at???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: JP Losman fans where ya at???

I'm hooking up the hose to my car exhaust pipe, and sealing the garage.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I like the philosophy the offense is put together with and think, with the right QB running the show, it can be successful. It looked good with TE in there against a D that wasn't a 4-3. However, he obviously couldn't get them in the right plays against the 4-3 hence he got beat up. JP never could read a D so that hasn't changed.

But the offensive philosophy rests on the QBs shoulders. All the griping about play calling and the coaches aren't even calling plays...they are sending in personel and the QBs have options of what to do with that personnel. It really empowers the QB to make things happen...unfortunately we haven't gotten any "make things happen" from any QBs in quite some time. When we do get that we see games like KC and our run at the beginning of the season. I believe the coaching isnt' as bad as people make it out to be and they are being victimized by pathetic play in JPs case and growing pains in TE case.

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

JP's lack of accuracy yesterday was probably the worst I've seen in an NFL game. Thinking back to his first NFL game appearance against NE about 4 years ago, that performance really told volumes about what was to come from him, yet I kept telling myself it was jitters, he'd develop, etc. Years later and the team is just as bad.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
          I like the philosophy the offense is put together with and think, with the right QB running the show, it can be successful. It looked good with TE in there against a D that wasn't a 4-3. However, he obviously couldn't get them in the right plays against the 4-3 hence he got beat up. JP never could read a D so that hasn't changed.

But the offensive philosophy rests on the QBs shoulders. All the griping about play calling and the coaches aren't even calling plays...they are sending in personel and the QBs have options of what to do with that personnel. It really empowers the QB to make things happen...unfortunately we haven't gotten any "make things happen" from any QBs in quite some time. When we do get that we see games like KC and our run at the beginning of the season. I believe the coaching isnt' as bad as people make it out to be and they are being victimized by pathetic play in JPs case and growing pains in TE case.
          Our offense will never work well, regardless of the QB, without a running game, a big, tough WR, and a consistent pass catching TE. I agree that JP stinks, but we have other serious issues that must be addressed.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
            JP's lack of accuracy yesterday was probably the worst I've seen in an NFL game. Thinking back to his first NFL game appearance against NE about 4 years ago, that performance really told volumes about what was to come from him, yet I kept telling myself it was jitters, he'd develop, etc. Years later and the team is just as bad.
            Yep, the throw right into the NE player's hands and I was like WTF was that?

I'm still confident in Edwards because he's showed he has a brain but his chain is getting shorter.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Our offense will never work well, regardless of the QB, without a running game, a big, tough WR, and a consistent pass catching TE. I agree that JP stinks, but we have other serious issues that must be addressed.
              Post of the day.

Throwing to Roscoe Parrish isn't going to get it done. Nice job extending a 5' 5" WR to a multiyear/million deal.

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I think the two most important things that need to happen to fix the offense - and that can reasonably be accomplished - are getting better coaching and finding a stud interior lineman who can make the run game work.

The receivers could be better but the line and scheme need to be fixed before it matters who is catching the balls.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                  I think the two most important things that need to happen to fix the offense - and that can reasonably be accomplished - are getting better coaching and finding a stud interior lineman who can make the run game work.

The receivers could be better but the line and scheme need to be fixed before it matters who is catching the balls.
                  Edwards has had all day at times back there and guys are just not getting open. It's even worse when JP is back there because he can't make the throws that Edwards can.

Having some physical receivers and TEs would go a long way towards building a better offense.

Comment

• Chimpanze
                    • Oct 2008

My final thought on Misses JP Loserman in comparison to TE...

As I have been saying the whole time this week, when TE is playing bad we still have a shot in the 4rth. Once again with JP at the helm we all knew nothing was going to happen in the 4rth.

For one fraction of a second I thought, wow, lets get a TD and this game is up for grabs. 1 play later the Dolphins intercept and the Bills never sniff an opportunity.

This is the one MAJOR difference between JP and TE.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Chimpanze

As I have been saying the whole time this week, when TE is playing bad we still have a shot in the 4rth. Once again with JP at the helm we all knew nothing was going to happen in the 4rth.

For one fraction of a second I thought, wow, lets get a TD and this game is up for grabs. 1 play later the Dolphins intercept and the Bills never sniff an opportunity.

Bingo. As crappy as TE has played at times the team was still in positions to win games. The whole team plays better when TE is out there.

JP has no ability to keep us in a game. I find it funny but he's the last guy you want on the field if the game is on the line.

The fact that he thought he played okay just tells you everything you need to know about this moron. And yes, he is a moron. Please listen to his PC for proof.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Here's another difference... When Trent plays crappy, questions abound: What happened? Is it the concussion? Is it his groin? Is he regressing? His earlier play set a standard for himself that leads to a search for answers.

When JP plays crappy, it's just him being JP, the JP we've seen for four years now. No one is surprised.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Chimpanze

that's because JP is a mental midget and TE is not. When something goes bad for JP he completely tanks. He can't get it turned around and it gets worse and worse. So on a micro scale, when JP has a bad series that's it for the rest of the game because he can't turn it around and he tanks. TE, on the other hand, does not continue to tank worse and worse throughout the game when he has a bad series or makes a mistake. Instead, he tries to piece himself together and make some plays.

Comment

Working...
                          X