Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Go Leafs Go!"

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: "Go Leafs Go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    Funk is hurt and is hurt more often than these players you claim are often injured (except Connolly there really are not many)

Butler is not close to being NHL ready. Zagrapan is looking like a bust. Mancari was up here and is a OK player, but really does not skate well enough to be in the NHL except on a 3rd or 4th line. Kennedy is not ready either, until he plays more at center to learn the position.
    I've got to agree with everything Lecter said. What this team needs is not in the minor leagues. This team needs a semi-major trade to change the makeup and attitude of this team. That being said, I don't see this FO doing anything and we might be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    I've got to agree with everything Lecter said. What this team needs is not in the minor leagues. This team needs a semi-major trade to change the makeup and attitude of this team. That being said, I don't see this FO doing anything and we might be lucky to make the playoffs this year.
    U guys can agree all u want my point was to get some fresh people in here, via trade call ups or IRin a player

We suck we r boring we r paying for players that are soft boring and oft injured

we are shaky in goal but paying a goalie like an elite goal tender
    We have no muscle at all on this team RIvet hasnt been able to stay on the ice and hasnt thrown a check yet as a sabre
    maybe its RUff style i dont know but ur better off getting some fresh players in here who are tryin to make it in the NHL than losers that are here cashing checks all comfy cause Darcy never moves anyone

We will have ANOTHER mediocre season with this group not make the playoffs and let players who are FAs leave ie. max, connoly and get nothing for them as usual just like we did with satan and zhitnik

sad team weak team no passion just like the Bills

Mancari should be up here for the power play unit alone
    Weber should be up here cause he actually pushs people out of the net not like the weak teppo tallinder spacek paetsch sekera crap we got goin now

i gurantee we dont maek the playoffs with this current roster

wasting millions on players that dont even play every night losing out on payers like JP Dumont for ****bag TImmmy
    gimme a break

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bigbub2352
    U guys can agree all u want my point was to get some fresh people in here, via trade call ups or IRin a player

We suck we r boring we r paying for players that are soft boring and oft injured

we are shaky in goal but paying a goalie like an elite goal tender
    We have no muscle at all on this team RIvet hasnt been able to stay on the ice and hasnt thrown a check yet as a sabre
    maybe its RUff style i dont know but ur better off getting some fresh players in here who are tryin to make it in the NHL than losers that are here cashing checks all comfy cause Darcy never moves anyone

We will have ANOTHER mediocre season with this group not make the playoffs and let players who are FAs leave ie. max, connoly and get nothing for them as usual just like we did with satan and zhitnik

sad team weak team no passion just like the Bills

Mancari should be up here for the power play unit alone
    Weber should be up here cause he actually pushs people out of the net not like the weak teppo tallinder spacek paetsch sekera crap we got goin now

i gurantee we dont maek the playoffs with this current roster

wasting millions on players that dont even play every night losing out on payers like JP Dumont for ****bag TImmmy
    gimme a break
    I never said that I don't think they need to make changes, I just don't think this moronic FO will do it. This team isn't good enough and hasn't been for 2 years, but winning is not the #1 priority of this organization.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 12-13-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really think calling the FO moronic is short sighted.

They built a team and made a run. A very good run. It was not successful. They are now re-loading for a run.

Calling Darcy and crew short-sighted is not really fair, considering they are the same FO that built the team that had the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never said that I don't think they need to make changes, I just don't think this moronic FO will do it. This team isn't good enough and has been for 2 years, but winning is not the #1 priority of this organization.
    couldnt agree more, Golisano is all about the $$$$$$$$$$ and Larry is a ****ing loser and Darcy is a puppett
    Lindy has been here for 12 yrs i think and we still have the same weak roster

Darcy needs to do something

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know how to put this any nicer, but you're flat out wrong. They even did a piece on it during the intermission. Hecht had a chance to get the puck out and he was his usually soft self when he had the puck and tried a lazy backhand to get it out. I don't care what the PK is ranked, I know what I see when it comes to a player and he is soft on the puck. He doesn't fight hard for pucks and if he is challenged, he melts. This is not the first time I've said this about him and it probably won't be the last. He is VERY overrated.
    Well, I am not wrong about his defensive abilities. You can say I am all you want, but his ability on the PK is probably the best on the team amongst forwards (along with Roy and Pominville)

I am not saying he did not make a bad play in that sequence, but he was not the sole player who did so and is USUALLY very solid in those situations. You can deny it, but the numbers at some point don't lie. You can say you don't care where it is ranked or the success they are having, but at some point you must find a reason for that success. It is not all luck and if this entire team is crap and soft then it must be Miller. But you not high on him.

So where does the success come from?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW, being weak was not the problem last night. Finishing was.

They had too many chances they blew in front of the net. Hecht, Stafford, Max, Gerbe, Pominville, and Kotalik all had great opportunities they missed.

They were physical enough, but could not finish.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    I really think calling the FO moronic is short sighted.

They built a team and made a run. A very good run. It was not successful. They are now re-loading for a run.

Calling Darcy and crew short-sighted is not really fair, considering they are the same FO that built the team that had the run.
    They built a team how? getting drury and getting lucky with Breire?
    Dont forget Danny was a cost cutting move they had no idea Breire would have been as good as he was, they were getting rid of Grattons salary

Short sighted is exactly what they are giving boat loads of money to average players like kotalick, spacek teppo connoly max tallinder lydamn taking on the contract of Rivet also average player making good money is Hecht and paille

we have no number 1 center to play with Vanek i like roy but he is shut down easily by better players, and with ruff contatly switching the line (his biggest downfall as a coach by the way are his line combinations)
    we have no big strong defensman and Miller is a cry baby
    sounds like good future planning to me

remember they screwed up with McKee Breire drury greir dumnont and campbell with there crap i dont negotiate in the middle of the season they are very much to blame on what we have to watch every game

now they are retooling with a bunch of small players in portland to replace the small players who underacheive here that we will let walk and get nothing for again

Larry Quinn and Darcy have done nothing but make poor decisions and were forced to sign our young guys like pominville, roy and vanek and emo miller to long term deals
    otherwise they would be wearing other jerseys
    it is very frustrating to be a buffalo fan anyone who thinks this management is about winning and not cost cutting is sorely mistaken

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    "Millllllller....
    Millllllller....
    Millllllller...."

After ONE ****ING GOAL? Are you ****ing kidding me? Is this a ****ing home game or what?

yeah I know the Leafs fans like to come down but that's just sad. Sabres fans: if you only go to one game all year, make it the Leafs game. **** that noise.
    What is this a post from 1997? Every single Leafs game for the last 10 years has been like that. I would never sell Leaf tickets to Leaf fans but I can't fault people for selling just the Leaf tickets to pay for their entire season ticket package.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bigbub2352
    They built a team how? getting drury and getting lucky with Breire?
    Dont forget Danny was a cost cutting move they had no idea Breire would have been as good as he was, they were getting rid of Grattons salary

Short sighted is exactly what they are giving boat loads of money to average players like kotalick, spacek teppo connoly max tallinder lydamn taking on the contract of Rivet also average player making good money is Hecht and paille

we have no number 1 center to play with Vanek i like roy but he is shut down easily by better players, and with ruff contatly switching the line (his biggest downfall as a coach by the way are his line combinations)
    we have no big strong defensman and Miller is a cry baby
    sounds like good future planning to me

remember they screwed up with McKee Breire drury greir dumnont and campbell with there crap i dont negotiate in the middle of the season they are very much to blame on what we have to watch every game

now they are retooling with a bunch of small players in portland to replace the small players who underacheive here that we will let walk and get nothing for again

Larry Quinn and Darcy have done nothing but make poor decisions and were forced to sign our young guys like pominville, roy and vanek and emo miller to long term deals
    otherwise they would be wearing other jerseys
    it is very frustrating to be a buffalo fan anyone who thinks this management is about winning and not cost cutting is sorely mistaken
    Where to start with this?

For one, if they did not build the team then who the hell did? You want to criticize their alleged mistakes and then say the good moves were lucky? Huh? They also drafted the guys like Vanek, McKee, Miller, Pominville, Roy, etc. These guys were all acquired under Darcy's watch. To say Darcy has only made poor decisions is laughable.

Your statement not dealing with player's during the season is true for Brier and Drury. It is not not true for Campbell who the DID negotiate with during he season. Thankfully they did not overpay the overrated one dimensional D-man.

McKee got too big of a deal and is washed up and done (funny how you complain about injury prone players and are now complaining about then not keeping an injury prone guy )

I have always said they made a major mistake with Drury. I agree with that. Briere is good, but again you are saying one thing about the guys that are hear (under sized and not tough enough) and then another about a guy that is gone.

Not to mention the player syou list that they did sign to long-term deals you are refusing to give them credit for.

The players in Portland are not all small guys. Look at Weber and Butler.

As for the cost cutting look at the money already spent for next year - 42 million. You call them cheap and allege they overpay guys in the same paragraph - which one is it?

BTW, they matched Grier's offer and he turned it down. And he is not a great player either - good and I liked him - but not great. And the list of guys you called average (last I checked all teams have average players) are not all average and are not making boatloads of money.

I would also say Roy is playing like a #1 center right now and that other centers would not make Vanek much more successful.