Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Join me as we wave good bye to a legend.....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Join me as we wave good bye to a legend.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
    so NFL network did a census report and polled every football fan in the western hemisphere? who filed the paperwork? cris collinsworth?

and by the way, arizona won a playoff game in 1998. smart ass. my reference was in regards to your last super bowl victory, not your last significant win.
    Collinsworth works for NBC, not NFL Network

Well, the Cowboys aren't alone when it comes to teams that haven't won a Super Bowl in quite some time, in fact they are in great company in that regard seeing as how only a handful of teams have won one since. It's not something that just magically happens every year, for some teams it never happens at all.......

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought94
    I know that you are generally on top of things but this is one time where I'll have to color you clueless. There is no "obsession" with Tony Romo in Dallas or anywhere else in the greater DFW area. I was at the game last night and all you heard was people booing every time the threw a lame duck or any number of other bad passes. The boos were followed by a lot of "**** you Tony" and "bring in Brooks" comments.

The media has been on his ass all year long about his inability to win a big game, they've been talking about needing to bring in a capable backup (not named Brad Johnson) in case the need arises, etc.... But tell me this, who is available right now that you'd rather have at QB? Then tell me, who can we draft next year that would step right in and replace what Romo does? We're kind of stuck with the guy, not everyone is happy about it, trust me, but that's just how it is. Undrafted Pro Bowl QB's don't just grow on trees.

I think people also tend to forget that he's only in year 2.5 of his tenure as a starter, would I like to see a lot better performances out of him, particularly in big games? You bet your ass, but we could be a lot worse off.
    hey man i'm not arguing you here, you know your team better than i do. but, after 3 years i'd be assessing my qb's values/disadvantages and make a judgment from there. especially when the qb has a more-than-adequate running game, monster OL, and top 5 WR. you almost have to try to fail. though, i don't think that stretch with brad johnson helped your cause. 300 ypg is great, but not when it attributes to 0 playoff wins in going on 13 years.

sadly, i feel your pain.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
    hey man i'm not arguing you here, you know your team better than i do. but, after 3 years i'd be assessing my qb's values/disadvantages and make a judgment from there. especially when the qb has a more-than-adequate running game, monster OL, and top 5 WR. you almost have to try to fail. though, i don't think that stretch with brad johnson helped your cause. 300 ypg is great, but not when it attributes to 0 playoff wins in going on 13 years.

sadly, i feel your pain.
    Well, like I said though; what QB is available via draft or FA would you rather have at this juncture? Honestly, the QB will always get the blame, but there have been a few big games where Romo played quite well but was let down by the rest of the team, particularly his WR's. It just happens, Romo is either going to figure it out soon and go on to be a legend, or he's going to continue on his bad streak and he and Jessica will be run out of town at some juncture.

Also, the most overrated portion of this team is the running game. It's really not as great as one might think, and a few players on the OL are vastly overrated.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    That's actually a pretty good one