X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Maybe zoners deserve what they get...

I can't believe that the answer for some of you is to trade Peters instead of paying him.

For years we posted about how the o-line was a joke and how it had been constantly neglected.

Now we have the biggest o-line in the league, and before Edwards got hurt it was allowing the least sacks per snap in the league. We are one center away from having a line that could dominate for the next 3-5 years.

So now we want to trade Peters because he wants to get paid.

Winfield is still playing at a high level. We didn't want to pay him so we drafted Clements. Clements wasn't even as good and he left for a contract that made Winfields look like a joke now. I can name several other times we have done this.

If you think getting rid of Peters is the answer that you deserve to watch a 7-9 team every year.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Maybe zoners deserve what they get...

Can we get rid of Dock and give Peters his money then?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

You're right.

I don't deserve Jason Peters.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I don't like his verbal media approach... but I don't want a 2009 OL without him there all the way through training camp...

Pay the man, give him mucho incentives so the carrot is always dangling in front of him. He seems like the type of player that responds to carrots

Comment

• ddaryl
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by yordad
          Can we get rid of Dock and give Peters his money then?
          I believe the cap hit would keep us from finding a suitable replacement for Dockery....

nope we just need to put our tails between our legs and get this guy a rock solid worthy contract of a top 5 LT....

I still insist there be lots of incentives for him to hit to maximize the contract and keep him payed at a top 5 LT rate though...

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
            He seems like the type of player that responds to carrots
            Like the 7 carrot$ on his earlobe.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
              You're right.

I don't deserve Jason Peters.
              The new coach will fix it. Maybe we can get someone that can coach and play pro-bowl tackle.

Comment

• ddaryl
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                Like the 7 carrot$ on his earlobe.

so true

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Now we have the biggest o-line in the league, and before Edwards got hurt it was allowing the least sacks per snap in the league. We are one center away from having a line that could dominate for the next 3-5 years..
                  vs. Seattle the Bills gave up 1 sack witout Peters. I'll take it.

So now we want to trade Peters because he wants to get paid..
                  No, we trade Peters because he's an asset that can help us upgrade 2 positions.

Winfield is still playing at a high level. We didn't want to pay him so we drafted Clements. Clements wasn't even as good and he left for a contract that made Winfields look like a joke now. I can name several other times we have done this..
                  Really? Name them.

If you think getting rid of Peters is the answer that you deserve to watch a 7-9 team every year.
                  Jason Peters so far isn't the answer. Notice where the Bills have finsihed the past 2 seasons with him?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

The irony is that if Peters was on another team and Chambers was our starting LT the board would be flooded with threads on why we should sign him.

Would a top 5 LT FA ever sign with Buffalo? No. Not unless we overpaid him like we did with Dockery.

So the discount is we pay market for a guy that we can actually land in Buffalo.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      vs. Seattle the Bills gave up 1 sack witout Peters. I'll take it.

No, we trade Peters because he's an asset that can help us upgrade 2 positions.

Really? Name them.

Jason Peters so far isn't the answer. Notice where the Bills have finsihed the past 2 seasons with him?
                      You are the same guy that quotes records of teams that Edwards won against but it's irrelevant when it comes to LT? You just quoted how well line are held up against Seattle?

What guys are we getting for Peters? You can't even name them?

Ohh, unproven draft picks. 1st, 2nd, and 5th. Hmmm.

McKelvin, Hardy, and Corner for Peters. That sounds awesome. Leave it in the hands of our FO and Modrak.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

What guys are we getting for Peters? You can't even name them?

I'd take Chad Johnson and the Bengals 2nd round pick if the Bengals would take the bait.

WR: Chad Johnson
                        Bills 11 Pick: Tyson Jackson DE LSU
                        35th pick (From Bengals) Brandon Pettigrew TE
                        Bills 44th pick: Best LB available

I like it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          I'd take Chad Johnson and the Bengals 2nd round pick if the Bengals would take the bait.
                          Okay, now it's official that this board has lost their minds.

The lines are the building blocks. You don't trade a builing block for a skill position.

I guess you didn't watch Cincinati play.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

The lines are the building blocks. You don't trade a builing block for a skill position.

I guess you didn't watch Cincinati play.

Chambers would play well enough to get the job done.

Cincinnati who doesn't have a QB?

I guess you didn't watch the Bills play this year. They need playmakers. Oh that's right, you boycotted the last couple of games.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

I can't believe that the answer for some of you is to trade Peters instead of paying him.

For years we posted about how the o-line was a joke and how it had been constantly neglected.

Now we have the biggest o-line in the league, and before Edwards got hurt it was allowing the least sacks per snap in the league. We are one center away from having a line that could dominate for the next 3-5 years.

So now we want to trade Peters because he wants to get paid.

Winfield is still playing at a high level. We didn't want to pay him so we drafted Clements. Clements wasn't even as good and he left for a contract that made Winfields look like a joke now. I can name several other times we have done this.

Maybe we enjoy the drama so our plan is to trade Peters so we can complain about the line for the next 2-3 years while we find a replacement. O yeah and how easy is it to find a pro-bowl LT??

Comment

Working...
                              X