Thread: At least we can say this...

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

At least we can say this...

If nothing else, we have shown that we can run the ball. It's been awhile since I've seen this team just line up when the other team knew they would run and still be able to do it...That 4th down pass call was a complete joke, but I am happy with the way the line performed when it came to the running game.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: At least we can say this...

whatever gets you through the night, I guess

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOL, exactly what I was thinking as I wrote it....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's nice... but we need to know how to score.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ryjam282
    If nothing else, we have shown that we can run the ball. It's been awhile since I've seen this team just line up when the other team knew they would run and still be able to do it...That 4th down pass call was a complete joke, but I am happy with the way the line performed when it came to the running game.
    Our whole team was built on the premise that we would run in nov/december in the cold in Buffalo and elsewhere.....trouble is we have to learn how to pass in the months prior to have a balanced enough offense...and enough wins to make the playoffs....somthing to build on yea...what got us to the SB all those years was that you had to respect Jim K an Andre Reed...we as of today do not have that threat and need to keep looking...IMHO.

Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska! tat2dmike77's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by acehole
    Our whole team was built on the premise that we would run in nov/december in the cold in Buffalo and elsewhere.....trouble is we have to learn how to pass in the months prior to have a balanced enough offense...and enough wins to make the playoffs....somthing to build on yea...what got us to the SB all those years was that you had to respect Jim K an Andre Reed...we as of today do not have that threat and need to keep looking...IMHO.
    Oh but Edwards is so awesome he has turned the corner he is such an elite QB. He will lead us to the promise land

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tat2dmike77
    Oh but Edwards is so awesome he has turned the corner he is such an elite QB. He will lead us to the promise land
    He could become our guy still, its possible. If it were me, Id bring in McNabb just to make sure. But Trent may be just fine long term, we still dont know.

Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska! tat2dmike77's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsEra
    He could become our guy still, its possible. If it were me, Id bring in McNabb just to make sure. But Trent may be just fine long term, we still dont know.
    But if you believe Edwards is our guy why bring in McNabb? That makes no sense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsEra
    The door is not closed on Trent but he is injury prone...people last year said it did not mater...they were wrong....we do need another guy.....I would stay away from drafting one and just sign a proven guy....I was hoping for farve...and people wanted Trent instead...well you go what you wished for.....does anybody on this board think that Farve would not have gotten us to the playoffs this year? I still think cassle is a good fit or hassleck/holmgren...with Trent learning one more year...

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Talking Re: At least we can say this...

Quote Originally Posted by acehole
    The door is not closed on Trent but he is injury prone...people last year said it did not mater...they were wrong....we do need another guy.....I would stay away from drafting one and just sign a proven guy....I was hoping for farve...and people wanted Trent instead...well you go what you wished for.....does anybody on this board think that Farve would not have gotten us to the playoffs this year? I still think cassle is a good fit or hassleck/holmgren...with Trent learning one more year...

LOL...Guess you don't watch many Jets games.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Luisito23
    LOL...Guess you don't watch many Jets games.
    Farve was perfect here ....system, weather...arm to get lee involved....

HE would have made shoemen a house hold name...

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tat2dmike77
    But if you believe Edwards is our guy why bring in McNabb? That makes no sense.
    where does it say Im convinced hes our guy?

I merely said we still dont know. Id like an insurance policy, but I dont wnat to play the QB carousel game either.

It could be that bringing in a vet requires a bigger name HC or GM who can evaluate quickly whether it will ever be Edwards or not. Mularkeys back and forth was a mess and did nothing to solve the problem long term. We have to make a decision quickly and then stick to it.