Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those of you who are happy that we're getting Dicked again next year....

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To those of you who are happy that we're getting Dicked again next year....

Keep in mind that this is a FINANCIAL decision, not a football one.

We had the same record with an easier schedule and fewer injuries, so the team actually REGRESSED. 0-6 in the division. Terrible play calling. Clock management issues that haven't been fixed since Jauron got here in 2006. Squandering a 5-1 record.

There is absolutely no football reason whatsoever why this career loser should still be our coach.

But, Ralph ejaculated prematurely and showered Jauron with a new contract. Now he doesn't want to pay two coaches when only one would actually be coaching the team. So, the fans get Dicked again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: To those of you who are happy that we're getting Dicked again next year....

**** YOU RALPH WILSON.

How much longer can this guy live?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37

We had the same record with an easier schedule and fewer injuries, so the team actually REGRESSED. 0-6 in the division. Terrible play calling. Clock management issues that haven't been fixed since Jauron got here in 2006. Squandering a 5-1 record.

There is absolutely no football reason whatsoever why this career loser should still be our coach.

But, Ralph ejaculated prematurely and showered Jauron with a new contract. Now he doesn't want to pay two coaches when only one would actually be coaching the team. So, the fans get Dicked again.
    Strange things happen all the time in NFL. Just when you think something should work, it might just go the other way.

Look at the playoff teams this year.

I'm not writing off this team in 2009 at all. It might be as bad as 2008 because you think the coaches are the same, but it could also turn. I can see a few rallying points: Schonert may have a 2nd year OC jump from his rookie campagne; O-Line may respond better to our new O-Line coach entering his second season at that position; we may sign an impact FA; we may draft a stud; ...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    Strange things happen all the time in NFL. Just when you think something should work, it might just go the other way.

I'm not writing off this team in 2009 at all. It might be as bad as 2008 because you think the coaches are the same, but it could also turn. I can see a few rallying points: Schonert may have a 2nd year OC jump from his rookie campagne; O-Line may respond better to our new O-Line coach entering his second season at that position; we may sign an impact FA; we may draft a stud; ...
    yeah, this is a broken ****ing record that's been skipping for 10 years now. O-line coach? Does "McNally" ring a bell? As far as drafting and FA's, it's the same morons picking the talent and the same senile old man writing the checks. Other than the guy at the top, this is the same FO that dates back to the Tom Donahoe days. They don't know what they're doing.

And please- at least fire Schonert. He's Fairchild with a different name.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Absolutely. I am convinced that had they not given him the extension early on this season that Dick would be gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

to those 5 people who like keeping dick, make sure you get your season tickets together. You'll want each other's body heat to help fight the winds in december.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    to those 5 people who like keeping dick, make sure you get your season tickets together. You'll want each other's body heat to help fight the winds in december.
    which makes me wonder.... does Ralph have people doing cost/benefit analysis?

I'm thinking he got some back office bean-counter to crunch the numbers on buying out Jauron's contract plus a new coach's salary vs. the potential lost revenue from keeping Jauron. And keeping Jauron turned out to be cheaper.

Of course, I could also be giving the old coot too much credit. He probably just said "I'm not paying a man to not work" and that was the end of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm thinking he got some back office bean-counter to crunch the numbers on buying out Jauron's contract plus a new coach's salary vs. the potential lost revenue from keeping Jauron. And keeping Jauron turned out to be cheaper.

Of course, I could also be giving the old coot too much credit. He probably just said "I'm not paying a man to not work" and that was the end of it.
    This essentially is modeling the figures based on 2009 assumptions. In the hedge fund world, all the funds that used modeling and got their assumptions wrong, got wiped out.

There are some things you can't model to any degree of certainty....especially in uncertain times. The stadium is going to be empty next year.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,501 Times in 15,586 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    I disagree.

I believe every game will be sold out again next year.

The lemmings can't help themselves, mainly because if they give up their seats, they lose them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe we didnt have as many injuries but we had very crucial ones. Schobel getting injured turned our average pass rush into ZERO pass rush, Edwards getting injured took our slightly above or average QB play and brought it down to horrible QB play for 3 games this year.

For me its not that I think Jauron is a great coach, Im just a realist and I know just like everyone else on this board should know, you dont win in the NFL without certain components of your team being effective. One is QB, two is pass rush, 3 is OL play and we were below average in all those departments. Our OL only started opening holes in the last 3 games of the year.

With all that in mind I would just rather see Jauron stay another year and avoid a huge overhaul of the team. Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason, and when it is done and we actually have a team that can realistically compete against good teams, then I/we will be able to evaluate Jauron on a fair playing field. As someone on this board said recently, we go into gun fights with butter knives on Sundays lets see if Jauron can get it done with some fire power. If not, then I will be the first one clamoring for a new coach next year.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,501 Times in 15,586 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Good point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No way man. He wouldn't want to pay that bean counter.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi
    Maybe we didnt have as many injuries but we had very crucial ones. Schobel getting injured turned our average pass rush into ZERO pass rush, Edwards getting injured took our slightly above or average QB play and brought it down to horrible QB play for 3 games this year.

For me its not that I think Jauron is a great coach, Im just a realist and I know just like everyone else on this board should know, you dont win in the NFL without certain components of your team being effective. One is QB, two is pass rush, 3 is OL play and we were below average in all those departments. Our OL only started opening holes in the last 3 games of the year.

With all that in mind I would just rather see Jauron stay another year and avoid a huge overhaul of the team. Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason, and when it is done and we actually have a team that can realistically compete against good teams, then I/we will be able to evaluate Jauron on a fair playing field. As someone on this board said recently, we go into gun fights with butter knives on Sundays lets see if Jauron can get it done with some fire power. If not, then I will be the first one clamoring for a new coach next year.
    Injury is a sad excuse especiallly when you compare ours to the PAts. Injury is a sad excuse for going 0-6 in the division. We had injuries last year but we were better then than now.

I'd rather get on and start the rebuild now instead of 2010. Why waste another year. Besides like I said, even if we make playoffs, Dick isn't gonna win the sb.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason
    lol. Was that supposed to be funny?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Great post! And I commend RW for keeping Jaroun because it's a way that RW himself will be held accountable. If another coaching staff was to come in here it would just be another reason the pieces aren't in place to be successful. This way, outside of massive injuries there will be no excuses next year as we right now know the things that are missing because the team has been getting better as a whole.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0
    Great post! And I commend RW for keeping Jaroun because it's a way that RW himself will be held accountable. If another coaching staff was to come in here it would just be another reason the pieces aren't in place to be successful. This way, outside of massive injuries there will be no excuses next year as we right now know the things that are missing because the team has been getting better as a whole.
    fans like typo must love the fact that we haven't won a sb and will never win one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Injury is a sad excuse especiallly when you compare ours to the PAts. Injury is a sad excuse for going 0-6 in the division. We had injuries last year but we were better then than now.

I'd rather get on and start the rebuild now instead of 2010. Why waste another year. Besides like I said, even if we make playoffs, Dick isn't gonna win the sb.
    I seem to remember this board claiming that Gilbride was a horrible OC and we had to get rid of him cause he was clueless. Suddenly Gilbride is considered one of the BEST OC in the league and is being considered for HC jobs. Nothing is as clear cut as we are making it seem.

This team last year was not necessarily worse and this team is not necessarily better. We had weaknesses last year and we still have those same ones this year compounded with a worse pass rush than the year before.

Injuries are a very REALISTIC excuse, especially when you have them in critical areas with no one capable of stepping in to remedy it. The Pats lost Brady but they had Cassel who proved he is farther along than Edwards.

Ppl who say injuries are no excuse especially at QB and DE are not being realistic especially when the replacements are Losman and Denney.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I seem to remember this board claiming that Gilbride was a horrible OC and we had to get rid of him cause he was clueless. Suddenly Gilbride is considered one of the BEST OC in the league and is being considered for HC jobs. Nothing is as clear cut as we are making it seem. .
    yes, Gilbride was clueless under a headcoach that was offensively clueless when he ran things HIS WAY . Coughlin however is not an idiot and made Gilbride run the ball. Greghead was too stupid to know how to run an offense just like Dick.

This team last year was not necessarily worse and this team is not necessarily better. We had weaknesses last year and we still have those same ones this year compounded with a worse pass rush than the year before. .
    it may not be worse by your standards I guess. Sorry, I don't like going 0-6 in the division. I don't like the fact that buffalo is no longer a homefiled advantage for the team because our team can't play in the bad weather.

BY your admission that our pass rush is worse, under who's coaching era did they decide to give Kelsay a raise? You can't tell me that Dick does not like Kelsay.

Injuries are a very REALISTIC excuse, especially when you have them in critical areas with no one capable of stepping in to remedy it. The Pats lost Brady but they had Cassel who proved he is farther along than Edwards. .
    Trent would've been a better qb with the Pats simply because of coaching. They would've known how to protect him and call plays to develop him better.

Ppl who say injuries are no excuse especially at QB and DE are not being realistic especially when the replacements are Losman and Denney.
    Injuries do count but our injuries are not even close to what the PAts lost. Even if our team was intact we're not good enough. Schobel was not going to make our O better.

The fins are in the playoffs during their first year of rebuilding. I won't be surprised if the jets sweep us again next year while rebuilding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As much as a financial decision it may have been, it was also a football decision. Wilson didn't want to have another coach go three and out and have to start at square one once again. Jauron has one more year to prove his critics wrong and I think the Bills will try to patch up the obvious holes on the roster to give him a fighting chance.

Already up against the fans, Jauron is also up against a tough schedule and must get some key wins in the division to even come close to a winning record. Jauron supporters are quick to bring up that he has to deal with some pretty poor talent throughout his career and if the Bills are able to snag some key FA's and get one or two decent starters out of the draft, Jauron will have no more excuses for a losing season as this would definitely be the most talented team under his tenure.

The moral of Jauron opposer's have hit a serious low and although they might have to suffer through another painstaking season, the reward could be to see Jauron fired from his last head coaching job in the NFL and maybe, just maybe, even see Wilson pass away distraught with so much grief.

Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska! tat2dmike77's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh

Not to bring you down man believe me.

BUT i have been saying that same crap for the last 8 years now. Oh it will turn around because of X or Y and it never does. I always thought this year was going to be different and thought this year is the year. Because of Xor Y.

After this year i can't do it anymore. I'm not writing off my fanhood but i am not going to blindly support this team and say YAYYYY GO BILLS PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR! Why should i? The team started out 6-1 and took a huge dump in the second half of the season. This team won ZERO division games and lost games they should of won see Clev, SF and NYJ just to name three that would of put us at 10-6. Not enough to make the playoffs but 10-6 is far better then 7-9 AGAIN.

We would of won all thre of those games if we had a competent coaching staff. So until this ship is righted why should i believe next year will be any different? Until this team proves they can win games they should why should i blindley support this team?