Thread: NFC Championship Preview

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NFC Championship Preview

Sunday January 18th 2009
    3:00 PM EST : FOX

Philadelphia Eagles (11-6-1) VS Arizona Cardinals (11-7)

The Cardinals have continued their improbable run

and now host the NFC Championship, a first since relocating to the desert many decades ago. Arizona has beaten the odds twice this post-season with a wild card victory over Atlanta and a shocking upset against the Carolina Panthers.

The Philadelphia Eagles are also riding a little hot streak as they travel west to Glendale for their fifth NFC championship appearance this decade. Head Coach Andy Reid and QB Donovan McNabb have been with the team for all five, however they have consistently fallen short in the quest for a Championship.
    Full Article:
    http://dandssports.blogspot.com/

Myself and Rockstar36 have recently started our own site, where we will be writing articles covering all varieties of topics in the world of sports. We just got started, so there isn't much there yet, but we've already covered the Top Ten in NCAA basketball, a preview of this Saturday's UFC 93, and of course the preview of the NFC Championship.

The AFC Championship preview will be up tomorrow and continue to check back for anything and everything in the world of sports. Again, this is brand new and we're just getting started, so we'd appreciate your feedback. The link is available in both of our signatures and of course you can always bookmark us or add us to your RSS feed to keep up with what we've written.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Senior Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFC Championship Preview

I was never a fan of the cardinals. I always looked at that team as "the place where old players and their careers go to die". But after i witnessed Arizona shred Buffalo, i was convinced that this team may be legit. The jury is still out on my opinion, but you can't deny that they have come a long, long way.........maybe even all the way to a championship.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I truly have no interest in this game. The way Carolina played and coached the game against the Cardinals is probably one of the all time worst playoff performances ever by an NFL team. They would of lost to the Detroit Lions on Saturday and that is no exageration.
    Arizona will get eaten alive in this game. With Boldin hurting all they have is Fitzgerald. The Eagles have the horses to contain Fitzgerald and have been playing great football. Arizona would not of made the football if they were in any other division this year and have been blown out too many times.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by don137
    I truly have no interest in this game. The way Carolina played and coached the game against the Cardinals is probably one of the all time worst playoff performances ever by an NFL team. They would of lost to the Detroit Lions on Saturday and that is no exageration.
    Arizona will get eaten alive in this game. With Boldin hurting all they have is Fitzgerald. The Eagles have the horses to contain Fitzgerald and have been playing great football. Arizona would not of made the football if they were in any other division this year and have been blown out too many times.
    I was very surprised to see Carolina come how so horribly flat like they did. I don't know about this game though... like everybody else, I think it's easy to dismiss Arizona, but they've completely re-invented themselves in the postseason. The defense is clicking all the sudden and they're established some semblance of a running game as well.

That being said, we all know the key to stopping them is getting to Warner, and if anybody can do that, it's the Eagles with their blitz schemes. I'd expect a little more scoring in this one than we'll see in the AFC Championship though, that's for sure.

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wink Re: NFC Championship Preview

If this game was in Philly I would say that the Cards had absolutely NO way of winning, but since it's in a dome and Warner is obviously a different QB indoors I would have to say that Arizona has somewhat of a chance of winning...I still think they won't do it, but at least it won't be a blowout.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    I was very surprised to see Carolina come how so horribly flat like they did. I don't know about this game though... like everybody else, I think it's easy to dismiss Arizona, but they've completely re-invented themselves in the postseason. The defense is clicking all the sudden and they're established some semblance of a running game as well.

That being said, we all know the key to stopping them is getting to Warner, and if anybody can do that, it's the Eagles with their blitz schemes. I'd expect a little more scoring in this one than we'll see in the AFC Championship though, that's for sure.
    I really don't want to diss Arizona because they were the better team the last two weeks. The thing about Carolina they truly lost the game IMO much more than Arizona beat them. Delhomme gave them gifts for interceptions, despite Delhomme looking awful they abandoned the running game way to early. They ran effectively before they abondoned it. Peppers was 1:1 against Gandy (journeyman at best) most of the night yet only had two tackles and no pressures. Peppers just took the night off (not uncommon for him).

I just feel Arizona still should not be in the playoffs but are there because they were in the worst division in football and if the Eagles play like they did the last three weeks will destroy them.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,479 Times in 7,095 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the Cards could very well beat the bills to winning a sb. The Pats and Bucs already did. With our luck, the bengals and panthers may one day win a sb too and we'd be the only team to never win one.

Maybe in a few more years we'll make it to the playoffs under this coaching staff. Woohoo!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    the Cards could very well beat the bills to winning a sb. The Pats and Bucs already did. With our luck, the bengals and panthers may one day win a sb too and we'd be the only team to never win one.

Maybe in a few more years we'll make it to the playoffs under this coaching staff. Woohoo!

Ummmm...The Vikings too
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)