Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's really sad...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What's really sad...

Is that we should probably take Stafford or Sanchez with the 11th pick this year but we probably won't because our coaching staff knows that this is their last shot at staying in Buffalo and at keeping their jobs. They're going to figure that Trent is their best shot at maybe making the playoffs and keeping their jobs for another year and as a result, this franchise is going to get set back ANOTHER season. I have a feeling that the situation will be vastly similar to when we passed on Cutler. *sigh* Sorry, just had a prophetic, Discotrish-like revelation, no further message.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What's really sad...

Kind of agree.

There will be other QB's the Bills can take with their Top 5 pick in 2010.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    Kind of agree.

I pretty much nodded my head as soon as I read this post.

Watching the Bills suck since 1999 DBrown77's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    Is that we should probably take Stafford or Sanchez with the 11th pick this year but we probably won't because our coaching staff knows that this is their last shot at staying in Buffalo and at keeping their jobs. They're going to figure that Trent is their best shot at maybe making the playoffs and keeping their jobs for another year and as a result, this franchise is going to get set back ANOTHER season. I have a feeling that the situation will be vastly similar to when we passed on Cutler. *sigh* Sorry, just had a prophetic, Discotrish-like revelation, no further message.
    The Broncos have the same amount of playoff appearances as the Bills since Cutler has been there.

I really don't think QB in the first round is priority. Obviously we can see what Trent can do. we have to go with him and hope he doesn't get injured. Trying to bring in a Veteran backup is the answer. NOT drafting QB first round.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kind of agree.

yep. well on the bright side they won't ruin their top pick this year. neither Stafford or Sanchez are half as good as Ryan was coming out.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33
    yep. well on the bright side they won't ruin their top pick this year. neither Stafford or Sanchez are half as good as Ryan was coming out.
    Couldn't agree more but I still think that both could be very special. Let's be honest, along with the coaching staff, this is Trent's last year to prove that he can be the man in Buffalo. So why not take the initiative, prepare for the worst and hope for the best? It would also give us the luxury of keeping Stafford or Sanchez on the bench to get them acquainted with the playbook, our offense and the recievers more. I just think that it would be smart to get somebody warming up in the bullpens ready to come in case **** hits the fan -- if not, this could set us back another 2 years instead of 1.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I disagree that the staff is gonna draft 100% WIN NOW.. The GM wouldn't allow that, nor would The Ralph etc etc.. I have a feeling we are gonna be happy with teh draft surprises.. JP is history, Trent is struggling and has-NOT passed into reliable land yet, so if there's a QB on the board that shouldn't be imo we score.. This team needs the motivation of a QB with some pedigree... JP & Tulane aren't really high pedigree like Matt Ryan, or Quinn etc..Who needs a QB ahead of us? Will The Rams go QB?
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Edwards will be decent. Not every QB is a Marino,Kelly,Manning,ect. Our system needs an upgrade, and we need a @&!hole on the sideline whether it's a player or coach!!!

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Re: What's really sad...

Kind of agree.

Most definitely, and if we do end up having to pick another QB early, I rather be next year since I'm not at all thrilled with any of these chumps coming out in this draft...
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous
    I disagree that the staff is gonna draft 100% WIN NOW.. The GM wouldn't allow that, nor would The Ralph etc etc.. I have a feeling we are gonna be happy with teh draft surprises.. JP is history, Trent is struggling and has-NOT passed into reliable land yet, so if there's a QB on the board that shouldn't be imo we score.. This team needs the motivation of a QB with some pedigree... JP & Tulane aren't really high pedigree like Matt Ryan, or Quinn etc..Who needs a QB ahead of us? Will The Rams go QB?
    Lions, Rams and Chiefs ALL may go QB.. The Rams are a wildcard in the hunt for QB, we will have to see if they get rid of Bulger first -- they have 60 mil locked up in him. I sure wouldn't mind adding a gunslinger like Stafford to Buffalo -- a guy with a rocket arm who could still be productive late in the year under the terrible conditions in RWS. If we take a QB, I hope it's in the 1st round, there is a tremendous drop off after Stafford and Sanchez, imho. I say that it would be in our best interest to steal a page out of AJ Smith's draft book.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,989 Times in 3,525 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've seen Matt Stafford play (on TV) over a dozen times.

The good: he has an absolute rocket for an arm. He looks like Elway and throws like Elway.

The bad: He makes some terrible decisions at times. Matt could have really benefitted from staying in school another year.

Bottom line: He will astound the coaches at the combine though so don't be at all surprised to see him go #1 overall to Detroit. So I guess in a way it won't matter that he's going to struggle some that first year because well, he can't do worse than 0-16. If for some reason he dropped to 11 I'd be hard pressed to pass on him even though he would probably sit the first year and even though our biggest need BY FAR is DE. Matt will be special but it will take some time.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,393 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It doesn't matter.

This FO doesn't know how to find talent at the QB position. This coaching staff doesn't know how to groom QB's (remember, Schonert was QB coach for both Losman and Edwards).

We need more talent at other positions and a game plan that revolves around D and running the ball because we simply aren't going to get any better at QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33
    yep. well on the bright side they won't ruin their top pick this year.
    What makes you so sure?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In case a QB falls to our pick, I would love to see a trade-down.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I pretty much nodded my head as soon as I read this post.
    Top 5? How are we gonna get worse again?

No, we are stuck in mediocrity, were not lucky enough to "earn" a top 5 pick remember... were looking at another 7 win season... maybe as low as 5 or 6 wins. I could see top 10, not top 5.... were just not that bad.

Sarah Palin for President... of my pants! Stewie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Couldn't disagree more.. seems like the opposite of what would happen. Coaches usually buy themselves more time by drafting and playing a rookie qb. After all, can't expect much from a first year rookie, and therefore it's not fair to can a coach after a mediocre season with a rookie qb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why draft a QB. After Jauron sticks up the place for another year or two, the next coaching regime will want to bring in there own guy anyways.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by paulB
    Couldn't disagree more.. seems like the opposite of what would happen. Coaches usually buy themselves more time by drafting and playing a rookie qb. After all, can't expect much from a first year rookie, and therefore it's not fair to can a coach after a mediocre season with a rookie qb.
    But wouldn't that prove that the 1st QB that they drafted was a failure? I understand if it was the 1st QB that they drafted but the 2nd one?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsEra

No, we are stuck in mediocrity, were not lucky enough to "earn" a top 5 pick remember... were looking at another 7 win season... maybe as low as 5 or 6 wins. I could see top 10, not top 5.... were just not that bad.

AFC/NFC South that's how.

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsEra

Yeah, the Bills even **** up being bad!
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.