• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Donte Whitner...

Anytime I need a quick little sickening laugh I remind myself that Donte guaranteed the playoffs lol.

Not only did he say that, but remember what he said after the chargers win about Trent Edwards? When he said 'You have these elite quarterbacks in the league like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, well I think it's time to start aknowledging Trent Edwards as one of those elite quarterbacks.' Pffft lol! Easy There Donte!

Stick to living united and go ahead and slow your role with the whole team spokesman thing.

Yup, it's still good for a laugh!
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Donte Whitner...

That doesn't make me laugh at all.

Comment

• Crazygoo
      • Nov 2005

I don't think thats funny
      :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Maybe Donte should stop worrying about the team and other players and just worry about his own sorry ass play...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I found it humorous then and its still funny now. Any time a player runs his mouth you just have to laugh at him. I mean really what is that supposed to mean now? He was trying to fire his team up, and be a leader. I can respect that, but did anybody actually take him seriously?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            I found it humorous then and its still funny now. Any time a player runs his mouth you just have to laugh at him. I mean really what is that supposed to mean now? He was trying to fire his team up, and be a leader. I can respect that, but did anybody actually take him seriously?
            Up to 5-1, almost everybody did. Then the rest of the AFCE shouted...

"Will the real Buffalo Bills please stand up, please stand up.."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
              Maybe Donte should stop worrying about the team and other players and just worry about his own sorry ass play...
              The problem with the Bills in this decade is that they lead with their mouths instead of their play. It's TSS or what's known as Takeo Spikes Syndrome.

Whitner likes to lead with his mouth instead of his play.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I have no problems with what Donte said.. I give him lots of credit for trying to fire up the team.

I also believe his comments about Trent were correct... Just because he had a rough patch in the middle doens't mean he hasn't demonstrated some skills. The team as whole looked like crap but Trent took much of the blame for that when it should have been spread aorund to much of the team. Not to mention it was his 1st full year as the starter, there were some growing pains, and then a 1st year OC, and key injuries like including that nasty concussion to Trent etc.. all factored in to that losing streak.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

If he played qb we might have made it.

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                  Anytime I need a quick little sickening laugh I remind myself that Donte guaranteed the playoffs lol.

Not only did he say that, but remember what he said after the chargers win about Trent Edwards? When he said 'You have these elite quarterbacks in the league like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, well I think it's time to start aknowledging Trent Edwards as one of those elite quarterbacks.' Pffft lol! Easy There Donte!

Stick to living united and go ahead and slow your role with the whole team spokesman thing.

Yup, it's still good for a laugh!
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                    Senior Zoner
                    • Dec 2008

he's a jackass.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      The problem with the Bills in this decade is that they lead with their mouths instead of their play. It's TSS or what's known as Takeo Spikes Syndrome.

Whitner likes to lead with his mouth instead of his play.
                      No the problem with the Bills this decade is the sorry ass coaching that has lead this team.
                      To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        I have no problems with what Donte said.. I give him lots of credit for trying to fire up the team.
                        Whitner frustrates the hell out of me so I'm biased to begin with, but this is exactly why I'm so bothered by the guy. He gets credit for trying? I'm sick of trying. I want to see the guy actually succeed at something.

I was pissed when he made the guarantee, but if it actually motivated his teammates then I'd gladly eat crow. Except it didn't- it just embarrassed him and the organization as a whole.

The whole thing reminds me of the scene in Animal House where John Belushi gives his motivational speech then runs out of the house, only no one follows him. Except in the Whitner version, the part where they eventually DO follow him never happens.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl

I also believe his comments about Trent were correct... Just because he had a rough patch in the middle doens't mean he hasn't demonstrated some skills.
                          Nobody is bashing Trent, but putting him in the elite with Manning and Brady is laughable at this point in his career.

Pretty much everything that came out of Whitner's mouth backfired and was an embarrassment. But I do like when he helps kids stay active.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i think the stiff arm that he got in the final game far outplays the guarantee. Everyone talks about their team doing well at the beginning of the season.

Few players are so publically embarassed during the game. it was him and the RB one on one and he just got walked over and hit the ground like a 8 year old boy trying to tackle his dad.

I realize he played the second half of the season injured, but the visual of that hit pretty much was the end of the game and the season.

I'd like to see how he is when we have a decent pass rush. i think he could be a ball hawk.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              • Feb 2006

Man I remember him getting steamrolled there in that game. In all honesty the rb laid everything he had into Donte's already injured shoulder and it just totally crumbled him. Yeah, though trap you are right about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X