X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Donte Whitner...

Whitner's play has been a disappointment, yes, but if we had more guys on this team with his mentality, the Bills would be much better off.

This team comes out every game looking flat, as if they could care less whether they win or lose.

Kill the guy b/c his play hasn't lived up to his draft position, not b/c he is fiery or tries to instill some semblance of attitude on this roster.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal
      Whitner's play has been a disappointment, yes, but if we had more guys on this team with his mentality, the Bills would be much better off.

This team comes out every game looking flat, as if they could care less whether they win or lose.

Kill the guy b/c his play hasn't lived up to his draft position, not b/c he is fiery or tries to instill some semblance of attitude on this roster.
      the problem is that he's fiery OFF the field but not ON it. He talks a big game about playoffs, then he gets beat to the endzone and tackles the guy deep, or he gets knocked the **** out by a stiff arm. You want to talk? Fine, but do something to back it up. Otherwise you're just a cheerleader on steroids.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Otherwise you're just a cheerleader on steroids.

I like confidence.... without is anyone is set up for failure.

There is somthing about that statement that is hot.
        (Cheerleader being female.)
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

lol, if he doesn't make it in the NFL, he could possibly make it as a comedian.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

The league is still laughing at us for even picking him...
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by acehole
              I like confidence.... without is anyone is set up for failure.

There is somthing about that statement that is hot.
              (Cheerleader being female.)
              I'd prefer a cheerleader on cocaine (female, of course), but to each his own.

As far as the first part of that statement, I think Whitner has crossed the line between confidence and arrogance. It is possible to be confident without comparing a QB with 20-something starts to the two best guys in the game right now or making BS guarantees.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

^^

That's the point. And that's why it's funny.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

What makes me laugh is that the players on this team think Jauron is a "great coach"...now THAT is funny!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    What makes me laugh is that the players on this team think Jauron is a "great coach"...now THAT is funny!
                    He's great in their eyes because he lets them take practices off, he gives them "Club Jauron" training camp and he doesn't hold them accountable.

Wouldn't you love to have a boss who doesn't make you do anything and doesn't discipline you when there are consequences?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                      Anytime I need a quick little sickening laugh I remind myself that Donte guaranteed the playoffs lol.

Not only did he say that, but remember what he said after the chargers win about Trent Edwards? When he said 'You have these elite quarterbacks in the league like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, well I think it's time to start aknowledging Trent Edwards as one of those elite quarterbacks.' Pffft lol! Easy There Donte!

Stick to living united and go ahead and slow your role with the whole team spokesman thing.

Yup, it's still good for a laugh!
                      But not much for a thread.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        He's great in their eyes because he lets them take practices off, he gives them "Club Jauron" training camp and he doesn't hold them accountable.

Wouldn't you love to have a boss who doesn't make you do anything and doesn't discipline you when there are consequences?
                        but you hate that boss a few yeras later when you realize you are behind the curve andcant get a job somewhere else. that's a fate that will meet a number of bills during this offseason and after training camp if they get cut.

Comment

• Block "O"
                          lowering the bar with every post
                          • Sep 2008

I laugh at all these fair weather fans who hate Whitner now (these are the same morons who high-five you at the Ralph when he makes a big hit). Mark it down on your calendars....this time next year the Leodis-bust talk will begin from the same jackasses.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

He has a big mouth and it's good for a laugh but I still think that he can be a star if we get a pass rush on this team.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Block "O"
                              I laugh at all these fair weather fans who hate Whitner now (these are the same morons who high-five you at the Ralph when he makes a big hit). Mark it down on your calendars....this time next year the Leodis-bust talk will begin from the same jackasses.
                              Actually, I can honestly say that I have never been a big fan of Whitner, especially when he was at the Block O. However, you can't disagree with the fact that he hasn't been that great in the NFL.

Comment

• Block "O"
                                lowering the bar with every post
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                                Actually, I can honestly say that I have never been a big fan of Whitner, especially when he was at the Block O. However, you can't disagree with the fact that he hasn't been that great in the NFL.

Actually the Block O is a student section so he was never at the Block O. He was in The Shoe a few years ago. Oh and I'm shocked, SHOCKED a Michican't fan wasn't a fan of Whitner LOL. I know its tough sledding for you Wolverine/Bills fans with all the 1st Round Buckeyes we draft. Just be thankful Jenkins didn't come out last year or we would have taken him instead of Leodis.

Comment

Working...
                                X