I know alot can happen between now and then but maybe the Pats are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: I know alot can happen between now and then but maybe the Pats are...

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
    if you read the other posts you'd know that you get 2 firsts for trading a player who is franchised.
    No, thats not the deal.

The Pats get 2 1sts if someone makes an offer that Cassel accepts and the Pats decide not to match.

The Pats have his rights. They can trade him for a used jockstrap if they like.

Just because he has been franchised doesnt mean they only way he gets traded is 2 first rounders, its that that is the only way the Pats are forced to trade him.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
      Id bet they get at least one 1st pick if they trade him
      Nope, I dont even see a 2nd rounder. Its my opinion, but no not even a 2nd rounder... Its pretty much a 3rd at best.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

we are definitely in a better situation than the pats at the qb position . I laugh at them.

/sarcasm
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
          Closet Bills Fan
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
          No, thats not the deal.

The Pats get 2 1sts if someone makes an offer that Cassel accepts and the Pats decide not to match.

The Pats have his rights. They can trade him for a used jockstrap if they like.

Just because he has been franchised doesnt mean they only way he gets traded is 2 first rounders, its that that is the only way the Pats are forced to trade him.
          in essence the patriots not matching would be a trade, which is due 2 first rounders for a franchised tagged player.

they won't trade him away for nothing, i can tell you that.

someone will pick him up, or they will restructure marcia's contract to make him have more than cassel

j-e-t-s
          jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
            Closet Bills Fan
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            we are definitely in a better situation than the pats at the qb position . I laugh at them.

/sarcasm
            same here..

hell, i don't think the jets have any qb's
            and one of the ones still technically on our team still has a 4 game suspension for the steroids

j-e-t-s
            jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
              if you read the other posts you'd know that you get 2 firsts for trading a player who is franchised.
              If you would know the NFL rules this statement is false. Only get 2 frsts if someone signed him to an offersheet and NE doesnt match it. They can trade him for anything they wish while hes franchised

Comment

• lukabrossi
                Senior Zoner
                • Dec 2008

i remember saying that Cassel would be franchised........and everybody laughed at me.
                ....rot in hell.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  Sorry, they got Tom Brady ---- even at 75% he is an A+ QB.

I hate him cause he plays for the Patriots but I would love him if he played for Buffalo.. 1st ballot HOF, hands down.. Patriots are just fine.
                  I'd neg you just for being right , but that would not be fair to you so I am metaphoricly negging the Pats for you being right :)
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Sorry, they got Tom Brady ---- even at 75% he is an A+ QB.

I hate him cause he plays for the Patriots but I would love him if he played for Buffalo.. 1st ballot HOF, hands down.. Patriots are just fine.
                    Tom Brady would totally suck donkey balls on another team and would look like the lower round draft pick that he was.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                      Tom Brady would totally suck donkey balls on another team and would look like the lower round draft pick that he was.
                      To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                        Starting to unravel...
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i think the pats will be ok next year. however, you can't shrug off that cassel is getting top 5 QB money, and perhaps brady isn't for this year. it is interesting that brady's contract never got a lot of attention in terms of most money ever labels in the press.

to have that much money in two guys suggests that the pats may not be able to get everyone they want onto their team.

And i would love to see karma repaid to brady with belichick dismissing his vet for a young guy with little to no interest.

Also, it would be crazy to think that brady was responsible for both the epic climb for the pats and the demise. Those would be two nice book ends for brady's career.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Some may think Im wrong about the potential impact for the Pats, but Adam Shefter seems to agree with my way of thinking too. :

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Hmmm, heres some more leading evidence for to help make my point:

The New England Patriots' decision to use a $14.65 million franchise tag on quarterback Matt Cassel has left nose guard Vince Wilfork wondering about his future, according to the Boston Globe.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                                Peterman Sucks!
                                • Mar 2006

Every year now some fool gets the ridiculous idea the Pats are unravelling. And every year what happens? Same old, same old.

We won't beat them and they'll vie or walk away with the division title.

Franchising Cassel is an insurance policy in case Brady isn't healthy enough to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X