Ill tell you what, this is a deal we ought to be after!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Ill tell you what, this is a deal we ought to be after!

Originally posted by yordad
    Guys, if we got Haynesworth, somehow resigned Crowell, and drafted Orakpo.... then maybe even Jauron could make a playoff run happen.

It all starts in the middle. In the trenches.

63 mill for 7 years? Um... yeah. Yes, please. We should re-sign Crowell too, like I have been saying for over a year now. Peters and his extension can wait one more year.

And still have all our other picks left? Shinny new TE and C anyone?
    Ok, just to blast my own idea... why are the other teams out there gonna stand by while we get a decent deal for a top DT in the league and the best free agent this year?

I want this type of a move to happen, trust me. It makes a ton of sense. But I think were gonna have competition for his services.

Besides, the Skins like him... supposedly... so we might get in a bidding war. Obviously that worries me.

I have an aching feeling that he will take the highest bidder and since hes the top free agent, that may not be us.

However, if we have the nards to offer the 7 for 63, and that would put us in the mix. Which means we have more than no offer at all.

In the end, I like the offer, we should make it... but we still probably wont, and even if we did we may not get him. But I remain hopeful that we will do what it takes to get significantly better.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      I dont want Albert to be honest. You pay this guy and he is going to not be the same player. I dont think either he or Peppers is worth the contracts they are going to get.
      Soon as they get paid they decline.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
        Ok, just to blast my own idea... why are the other teams out there gonna stand by while we get a decent deal for a top DT in the league and the best free agent this year?

I want this type of a move to happen, trust me. It makes a ton of sense. But I think were gonna have competition for his services.

Besides, the Skins like him... supposedly... so we might get in a bidding war. Obviously that worries me.

I have an aching feeling that he will take the highest bidder and since hes the top free agent, that may not be us.

However, if we have the nards to offer the 7 for 63, and that would put us in the mix. Which means we have more than no offer at all.

In the end, I like the offer, we should make it... but we still probably wont, and even if we did we may not get him. But I remain hopeful that we will do what it takes to get significantly better.
        Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones still have yet to figure out that you can't just buy a bunch of players and expect them to win a super bowl. So let them overpay for a player all they want.

Haynesworth will have one maybe two good seasons left in him. Here is the deal with most big name FA's they are either entering thier final years of being at the top of thier game. Or they are just big names that still want to play but are in a steady decline.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
          Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones still have yet to figure out that you can't just buy a bunch of players and expect them to win a super bowl. So let them overpay for a player all they want.

Haynesworth will have one maybe two good seasons left in him. Here is the deal with most big name FA's they are either entering thier final years of being at the top of thier game. Or they are just big names that still want to play but are in a steady decline.
          If your serious about getting better, this guy helps day one. But your going to have to open your check book and maybe move some money around.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

I don't think that will be enough actually. And I think he has plenty left in the tank.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              I dont want Albert to be honest. You pay this guy and he is going to not be the same player. I dont think either he or Peppers is worth the contracts they are going to get.
              I agree about their level of play but I still want him. Even if Albert is playing at 80%, that 100% better then the other options not named Stroud...

Comment

• Akhippo
                • Nov 2002

Especially since DT seems to be the hardest to draft. Drafting one of the most important positions has been a crapshoot throughout the league. Haynesworth is proven. Even if he slacks, thats still better than what we have had since Pat.
                Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

best 2 years were when he was in the final year of his deal and playing for a contract.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                  X