Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raiders shopping RB Michael Bush

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Raiders shopping RB Michael Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi
    Well good thing yer not making any decisions for any NFL teams because there's no GMs out there that would pay more for a 30 yr old RB than for a 24 yr old RB with big upside. Rbs like Fargas are a dime a dozen (see the Broncos), how many 6'1 250 Rbs are there in the league that can run and move like Bush? Not many. Even if he is unproven.
    This is the most ridiculous post you've made in a while. Tell me how many RB's that the Broncos have made 1000 yd backs have been successful outside of Denver? One-Clinton Portis...maybe just maybe its their system??

I dont disagree and like I said Id value Bush's potential higher but in terms of trade I wouldnt pay as much for him as I would for Fargas at this point. Bush had his knee literally explode at Louisville. That's a scary risk to take...
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    This is the most ridiculous post you've made in a while. Tell me how many RB's that the Broncos have made 1000 yd backs have been successful outside of Denver? One-Clinton Portis...maybe just maybe its their system??
    Reuben Droughns had a 1200-yard season for Cleveland after leaving Denver as well, though I get your point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    Reuben Droughns had a 1200-yard season for Cleveland after leaving Denver as well, though I get your point.
    I knew Id missed one damnit. Good point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I dont disagree and like I said Id value Bush's potential higher but in terms of trade I wouldnt pay as much for him as I would for Fargas at this point. Bush had his knee literally explode at Louisville. That's a scary risk to take...
    K you missed what I was saying.

The Raiders run the same scheme Denver does. Greg Knapp is the man behind the zone-blocking run game. He installed that scheme in Oakland, as well as Denver and Atlanta.

Fargas is a product of that zone run game. So what I'm saying is... Fargas (as you have already validated) succeeded in Oakland because of the system, he is a one-cut and go runner just like all the ones who came and went through Denver. Trust me on this one, my Bro is a big time Raider fan and I end up watching their games right after the Bills game. Put Fargas on another team and he is as valuable as Tatum Bell. Bush on the other hand has the size and skills to succeed in any scheme.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi
    K you missed what I was saying.

The Raiders run the same scheme Denver does. Greg Knapp is the man behind the zone-blocking run game. He installed that scheme in Oakland, as well as Denver and Atlanta.

Fargas is a product of that zone run game. So what I'm saying is... Fargas (as you have already validated) succeeded in Oakland because of the system, he is a one-cut and go runner just like all the ones who came and went through Denver. Trust me on this one, my Bro is a big time Raider fan and I end up watching their games right after the Bills game. Put Fargas on another team and he is as valuable as Tatum Bell. Bush on the other hand has the size and skills to succeed in any scheme.
    Im not arguing scheme, or long term value. Im saying that when you have a proven back who has over 1800 yards over the course of two seasons, compared to an unproven but high potential back, the proven back is worth more. That's all Im saying. I think you're right that Bush is the better back but until he proves that he can stay healthy and hit that 1000 yd benchmark somebody would be nuts to trade more for him then they would for Fargas.

Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska! tat2dmike77's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Id deal a 3rd Round pick for Bush. He was a 4th Round pick the year he was taken and his value is around a 3rd for me. I imagine Raiders are probably looking for a Day 1 pick though.
    Plus it's not like he has wow me stats at this point in his career. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uniform.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Al Davis drafts a RB after RB, and now it suddenly occurs to him he has too much value at RB and not enough elsewhere.

Way to go Al.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HughC
    Al Davis drafts a RB after RB, and now it suddenly occurs to him he has too much value at RB and not enough elsewhere.

Way to go Al.
    Actually Fargas was drafted in the 3rd round and Bush was drafted in the 4th. That's great value. We have more 1st round Rbs taken in the last 10 years than the Raiders, plus Henry in the 2nd.