Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Multiple Coles threads.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Merged: Multiple Coles threads.

According to this other website that I was reading, (The guy who writes for them has actually scooped other writers a few times last offseason.) Coles does have a deadline. Check it out.....

Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting that the Bills are the team pursuing WR Laveranues Coles hardest. Hutchinson also mentions that two teams thought to be interested in bidding on Coles' services, the Dolphins and Browns, have already dropped out of the running. Teams like Cincinnati may enter the bidding (depending on what happens today with T.J. Houshmandzadeh), but right now, it's "Buffalo or wait" for Coles.

The Bills, however, are playing their cards correctly on this. Obviously the team wants him here, but they're not going to leave an offer dangling out there forever so that Coles can use it as leverage if a new team enters the bidding. We felt sure, and it was confirmed to us by a source close to the team, that the Bills have an end date on their offer to Coles. They'll pull the offer and move on before getting into a bidding war with him, and that's the smart play. It's on Coles' shoulders from here.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/
    Last edited by Michael82; 03-02-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills do have a deadline for Coles...

good find mikey.... seems like the right move, currently we are only bidding against ourselves
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

no one is going to bid against us. cincy has chad and 2 second round picks from a year ago! andre caldwell and jerome simpson, not too mention chris henry is either still in the fold or could be brought right back and already knows there system. they have zero need for coles. he is not the same type of receiver they are losing in housh so they will not bid against us. they may make a small offer (kinda of a take it or leave it low ball) just to see if he signs it but i dont see anyone having the kind of interest the bills are reported to have. from what i understand free agency is on hold pretty much for the bills until they see if coles signs, so obviously it must be a handsome contract. i mean the bills havnt even scheduled a visit for today?? obviously they want this guy bad!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

this has to be a tough spot for Coles. Im sure he wants to go to a team that is a serious contender and get paid at the same time. Looks like hes gonna have to take one or the other but cant have em both. This may be his last contract.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimbohastle51
    no one is going to bid against us. cincy has chad and 2 second round picks from a year ago! andre caldwell and jerome simpson, not too mention chris henry is either still in the fold or could be brought right back and already knows there system. they have zero need for coles. he is not the same type of receiver they are losing in housh so they will not bid against us. they may make a small offer (kinda of a take it or leave it low ball) just to see if he signs it but i dont see anyone having the kind of interest the bills are reported to have. from what i understand free agency is on hold pretty much for the bills until they see if coles signs, so obviously it must be a handsome contract. i mean the bills havnt even scheduled a visit for today?? obviously they want this guy bad!
    Not to mention that they are in decent position to pick either Crabtree or Maclin, two of the best receivers in a deep WR draft class.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but rotoworld is reporting that Cincy is becoming the front-runner for Housh. The only problem is...will this mean Minnesota or Seattle are going to be interested in Coles?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm gonna laugh when he ends up back as a Jet making even less money than he was originally scheduled to make this season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
    this has to be a tough spot for Coles. Im sure he wants to go to a team that is a serious contender and get paid at the same time. Looks like hes gonna have to take one or the other but cant have em both. This may be his last contract.
    I think right now Coles wants to go to the highest bidder. If everyone backs out (i.e. the Bills deadline comes and they pull the offer, Cinci signs TJ, etc) then he will have to lower his demands drastically and then choose a team that has championship asprations but right now Coles realizes this may be his last big signing bonus.

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
    uh the poor soab, the Bills, Bengals, Browns were bidding for him? If he is looking for a contender out of those 3 its crazy to say that even at this point we're in the best shape, IMO. Browns have some problems, and I think last year was no fluke for them.

only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow! Mitchell55's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdogg32
    uh the poor soab, the Bills, Bengals, Miami were bidding for him? If he is looking for a contender out of those 3 its crazy to say that even at this point we're in the best shape, IMO. Browns have some problems, and I think last year was no fluke for them.

fixed

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell59
    fixed
    thanks buckaroo, but the browns were also in there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62
    Not to mention that they are in decent position to pick either Crabtree or Maclin, two of the best receivers in a deep WR draft class.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but rotoworld is reporting that Cincy is becoming the front-runner for Housh. The only problem is...will this mean Minnesota or Seattle are going to be interested in Coles?
    no way, seattle has HUGE money in deon branch, and minnesota has berrian that already gets about 8 million a year and sidney rice who they draft in the 2nd round 2 years ago. they wanted housh to be a #1 not a complement. they would have no use for him. if seattle losses out on housh they know they shouldnt have a problem getting crabtree either so they are not going to pay crabtree, branch, and give coles 5-6 million a year. now i wouldnt be surprised to see hackett end up back in seattle, that would be a nice signing for them.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dont count Seattle out for Coles if they dont get TJ.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow! Mitchell55's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    Dont count Seattle out for Coles if they dont get TJ.

They need a bigger WR

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They need a bigger WR

You do realize that Coles is an extremely physical WR right?

And plays much bigger than his 5'11" 195 size.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They need a bigger WR
    yes size is nice.. but its not required... i think we all got too tied up on the ""small receiver"" kick last year because we didnt have one on the team... but coles is a very physical reciever, who out plays his smallish size

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They don’t need a “bigger” WR.. They need a WR who can catch the ball.

There is little doubt after TJ is gone, that Coles is the next best possession WR left in FA. I wouldn’t be surprised if Minnesota or Seattle makes a play for him.

Not to say Coles doesn’t sign with Buffalo, I’m saying things change in an instant.

in the 30 minutes this thread has been open, Roosevelt Barnes, his agent, has probably talked to four teams; just like all agents do before their client is signed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They need a bigger WR

They need a WR who will be healthy and talented, Coles fits both those

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    They don’t need a “bigger” WR.. They need a WR who can catch the ball.

There is little doubt after TJ is gone, that Coles is the next best possession WR left in FA. I wouldn’t be surprised if Minnesota or Seattle makes a play for him.

Not to say Coles doesn’t sign with Buffalo, I’m saying things change in an instant.

in the 30 minutes this thread has been open, Roosevelt Barnes, his agent, has probably talked to four teams; just like all agents do before their client is signed.
    ****! This isn't what we need. Come on Buffalo! Just up the damn offer and get him to sign on the dotted line....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Coles to visit the Bengals on Tuesday

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7537

Read down a ways:

A league source said that the Bengals have reached out to Coles but they couldn't get him into Cincinnati Monday because of the bad weather back East but he's expected Tuesday.
    Last edited by EdwardsEra; 03-02-2009 at 05:35 PM.