X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Time to clean house...

Cunnyworth seems too passive to me. I think this team needs some one to insert a boot in their ass and keep it there.

Comment

• rbochan
      Zamboni Driver
      • Jun 2008

Let's see here...
      The majority of this "team" of great and talented players will be back next season. Oh, and and all of them will be paid more!
      Quinn has publicly stated that Lindy and Darcy will be back next year.
      Ticket prices are going up at least 5%.

Yep, there needs to be some housecleaning - by US. Mainly at the box office and merchandising.
      Last edited by rbochan; 03-18-2009, 07:45 AM.
      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• Stoneludlow
        aka: STONEHENGE
        • May 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
        Cunnyworth seems too passive to me. I think this team needs some one to insert a boot in their ass and keep it there.
        I say bring back the coach that never should have been let go---Ted Nolan. There was some passion there.

Agree with putting Lindy in the GM role.

Someone we don't hear from lately is the very top of this organization. Has he been kidnapped or is he dead?
        This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chubluv
          I think Darcy & Lindy need to go. I know part of it is not their fault, but not adapting is their fault.
          The NHL is digressing back to its pre lock out days and thats not good. We are still set up as an organization as a speedy team, but that type of team worked the first year and half after the lock out. It doesn't work any more. We have hardly any toughness on our roster.
          Its time for the team to go in a new direction and unless we win 9 out of the last 12 games we are not going to get in the playoffs. which means no first round home games that Tom G so covets so he can get a little more return on his investment. Throw in the towel Mr Gollisano and look ahead to next year and have Quinn go find us some players with some grit and heart.
          I think that this team is sorely overrated as being speedy. If we are so fast why do we keep getting beat to all of the pucks? This team used to be fast but now it is slow and soft. This whole roster needs to be blown up. Get rid of that whole little underachieving clique of Pomminville, Hecht, Roy, Talinder, etc.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
            I think that this team is sorely overrated as being speedy. If we are so fast why do we keep getting beat to all of the pucks? This team used to be fast but now it is slow and soft. This whole roster needs to be blown up. Get rid of that whole little underachieving clique of Pomminville, Hecht, Roy, Talinder, etc.
            I don't think the problem is lack of speed. I think they're not moving their feet, which is due to two things: 1. Plain old laziness and 2. a fear of getting hit, since no one on this team stands up for our players.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Stoneludlow
              I say bring back the coach that never should have been let go---Ted Nolan. There was some passion there.

Agree with putting Lindy in the GM role.

Someone we don't hear from lately is the very top of this organization. Has he been kidnapped or is he dead?
              Ted Nolan is one of the two most overrated people in Buffalo sports history and is not a good coach.

Just say no to Nolan.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                Ted Nolan is one of the two most overrated people in Buffalo sports history and is not a good coach.

Just say no to Nolan.
                I disagree, but I didn't want to bring his name into this. I don't think his return could ever be possible.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I don't think the problem is lack of speed. I think they're not moving their feet, which is due to two things: 1. Plain old laziness and 2. a fear of getting hit, since no one on this team stands up for our players.
                  Laziness is a BIG problem on this team. This FO has to stop bringing in these mediocre players who think they are better then they are. They need to bring in some real talent and let the losers on this team see what it means to be a real hockey player.

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

Lot of empty seats next year. If I had seasons, I wouldn't renew.. even if they did something in free agency (which they wont).
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                      Lot of empty seats next year. If I had seasons, I wouldn't renew.. even if they did something in free agency (which they wont).
                      I will renew and I'm sure my partner will also. If I get a chance to get more tickets, I will get them and I'm also sure I will have no problem selling them either.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                        I will renew and I'm sure my partner will also. If I get a chance to get more tickets, I will get them and I'm also sure I will have no problem selling them either.
                        Your life partner?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          Your life partner?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

The more I hear Ruff talk, the more I think he doesn't have a clue anymore. He actually thinks these guys are giving it their all and giving a good effort....seriously? It's time to move on...

Comment

Working...
                            X