Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Radio - Bills "make most sense" In a Cutler Trade

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ESPN Radio - Bills "make most sense" In a Cutler Trade

OK..... This will never happen, but Colin Cowherd is talking about potential teams that Denver would be willing to trade with, and they keep coming back to the Bills. They have a young talented QB and players and picks they could give up. It does make the most sense, as most teams mentioned (like the Jets and Bucs) have no QBs to send back to Denver. I live in Cleveland and I can tell you there is no way a deal including Brady Quinn will happen. What do you think of:

Trent Edwards and Poz

for

Jay Cutler and a 3rd rond pick?

I take Maualuga with the 11th pick. He will shoot up the board again after his pro day.

What do you think?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: ESPN Radio - Bills "make most sense" In a Cutler Trade

No way.

That's the thing, the Bills are a good fit for a trade from Denver's point of view, because they get a young smart QB who will flourish under McDaniels, but it's a ****ty deal for the Bills, who would be getting an emotional big girl of a QB with very little commone sense and would end up with a gutted LB corps.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If McDaniels thinks Trent is the best qb(rookies included) out there that could be had via a trade, then Trents value is more than what we think he is desptie where we drafted him.

Trents got so much potential even more than Cassel with the right coach and I think McDaniels is the one who has the ability to bring out the best in Trent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

id take cutler over edwards any day...how is edwards gonna get the ball deep to TO? Remember Cleveland?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can Culter play in the snow? I'm still not sold on Edwards in the cold.

clumping platelets

Edwards and our 2nd for Cutler and Scheffler

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

weather is another factor....edwards has far too many question marks to not make the trade if it is possible. That MNF game against Cleveland still bothers me.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

O LINE PEOPLE! O LINE!

Having Cutler and TO (or Trent and TO, for that matter) is irrelevant if we can't protect the QB long enough to deliver the ball.

Trading for Cutler and signing TO while ignoring the trenches is very Donahoe-esque. In fact, I seem to remember TD trading a first round draft pick for an immobile QB without ever giving him an OL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i agree about the oline....but i still question edwards ability to get the ball to TO, especially deep. Last years Cleveland game, Edwards refused to throw deep even though it was open the entire second half. Receivers were jumping down the field waving their arms for the ball and he wouldn't throw it. Plus him playing in the cold and snow is still a big question. This is a must win year for Jauron, him, and this team....if you can get Cutler you do it. This is about winning, not hurting a players feelings. Trent should have been pulled against Cleveland when he refused to throw the ball deep when it was wide open.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    O LINE PEOPLE! O LINE!

Having Cutler and TO (or Trent and TO, for that matter) is irrelevant if we can't protect the QB long enough to deliver the ball.

Trading for Cutler and signing TO while ignoring the trenches is very Donahoe-esque. In fact, I seem to remember TD trading a first round draft pick for an immobile QB without ever giving him an OL.
    Meh. Seems to me some posters here think reshuffling our OL around can solve that problem even though they are unproven with an unproven coaching staff .
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

O LINE PEOPLE! O LINE!

Our OL will be fine.

Im indifferent on keeping or trading Edwards. If they trade him its because they dont feel he has the tools to succeed in Buffalo.

If they keep him they feel he can improve on those things and im fine with that too.

Either way we should be fine at QB. Cutler has already proven that he has an elite arm and I like Edwards demeanor.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi
    Our OL will be fine.

Im indifferent on keeping or trading Edwards. If they trade him its because they dont feel he has the tools to succeed in Buffalo.

If they keep him they feel he can improve on those things and im fine with that too.

Either way we should be fine at QB. Cutler has already proven that he has an elite arm and I like Edwards demeanor.
    In what universe will our OL be fine? Butler is mediocre, Hangartner has never been a named starter, our LG is- well, we don't have a LG, and our only depth is Chambers.

I agree on Edwards- I'm indifferent as well. I'm not entirely ready to give up on him, but I do see Cutler as an upgrade.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 04-01-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Meh. Seems to me some posters here think reshuffling our OL around can solve that problem even though they are unproven with an unproven coaching staff .
    The problem is that seems to be the line that the Bills FO are feeding everyone too. Our o-line is a mess, and if the FO thinks they have our 5 starters for next year already on the roster then whoever's under center is in for a rough year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In what universe will our OL be fine? Butler is mediocre, Hangartner has never been a named starter, our LG is- well, we don't have a LG, and our only depth is Chambers.

I agree on Edwards- I'm indifferent as well. I'm not entirely ready to give up on him, but I do see Cutler as an upgrade.
    I watched Hangartner play a bit last year on NFL rewind. He looked solid, real solid. Especially the game where the Panthers ripped the Giants for 200 yards on the ground.

Butler is better than most think. We were actually more successful running to the right than to the left last year.

For me, a line of

Peters- Antoine Caldwell/Luigs/Wood- Hangartner - Butler - Walker

is better than what we had last year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's funny how the Trent haters always zero in on the Cleveland game. Yes, he played very poorly, starting w/ his first pass, which was tipped, then intercepted. He then wilted under the VERY bright lights of a national TV audience and a stadium of screaming fans. The guy is 22 yrs old, and had the worst day of his career that day. OK, we got it. Now, how about the Jax game (4th qtr comeback), Raiders, ditto, or Denver, ditto? He's got a winning record as a starter on a mediocre team. How about we support our QB, instead of crucifying him after 23 starts? And, BTW, how would any of US like to have our worst day ever at our job televised on MNF? Let he who lives in a glass house....I think the kid's a winner.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

O LINE PEOPLE! O LINE!

Cutler isnt immobile though. I think adding Han will help alot as would extending Peters to get him happy. Add in a LG even a rookie and our OL is solid.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    actually no.. we killed our OL by dumping 3 players and replacing it with one. We have NO CHOICE but to reshuffle at this point because that is what we have ot deal with.

I've been pissed off at the fact that we watched some rock solid FA OL talent fly off the boards and the Bills never even tried for any of that talent.

I also think the Bills need to draft the best T on the board at #11 to do 1 of 2 things

1.) To gives us options if Peters continue to be the douche bag that he is and hold out until his ego is fully stroked or forces us to trade him

2.) Becvause the 2 OT that could and should be there for the Bills both have the ability to play LG and if we do work it out with Peters we have some solid depth at T and a much better competition for the remaining G spots.

SO I agree that our main concern is not trading for Cutler it is to invest heavily into the OL that allows us to have depth, a running game we can depend on, and pass protection long enough to be able to fire the ball down field.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,693 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cutler + TO = Major explosion waiting to happen.

Having two of the most emotionally unstable players in the NFL on the same team with Juaron as head coach? Ugh.

'course it will not make the team worse, but still......
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bflobarry
    It's funny how the Trent haters always zero in on the Cleveland game. Yes, he played very poorly, starting w/ his first pass, which was tipped, then intercepted. He then wilted under the VERY bright lights of a national TV audience and a stadium of screaming fans. The guy is 22 yrs old, and had the worst day of his career that day. OK, we got it. Now, how about the Jax game (4th qtr comeback), Raiders, ditto, or Denver, ditto? He's got a winning record as a starter on a mediocre team. How about we support our QB, instead of crucifying him after 23 starts? And, BTW, how would any of US like to have our worst day ever at our job televised on MNF? Let he who lives in a glass house....I think the kid's a winner.
    crappy teams. Doesn't prove a thing. It wasn't about his mistakes vs. the browns but how he lost confidence which made him turn into Rob Johnson.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    Cutler + TO = Major explosion waiting to happen.

Having two of the most emotionally unstable players in the NFL on the same team with Juaron as head coach? Ugh.

'course it will not make the team worse, but still......
    IMO, this team could use the energy and if TO is only here one year, his record indicates he won't blow up till year 2. Cutler having TO and Evans to throw to would be huge for his development.