• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Miller says "be patient"

Miller did have an interesting request for the fans in Buffalo.
    "We just ask the fans and everyone in the area to be patient for one more summer. I'm not going to make any outrageous claims but I want this to be a team that has a swagger; had a confidence. Don't get too high. Don't get too low. A team that is growing and maturing into what we should be with this much talent."
    Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Miller says "be patient"

I am sure that will go over well on here

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

OK Ryan, we will wait another 10 years. Thanks for not getting our hopes up.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I will give him one more year. What else am I going to do?

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Miller is Emo thats all im saying
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Yeah Ryan, no playoffs in 5 out of 7 years...umm, sure you need time. This is the problem with this organization...always HOPING that they will become better instead of doing the things that need to be done to BECOME better. Honestly, I like Ryan, he's a good voice for the team and a good leader, but he needs to shut the f**k up and get a clue.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Easy for him to say...he has a nice long lucrative contract.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mski
                • Mar 2006

A team that is growing and maturing into what we should be with this much talent
                even he knows our talent isnt even close to par with the rest of the playoff teams
                RIP Tommy D!
                12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  Easy for him to say...he has a nice long lucrative contract.
                  I'm so tired of the excuses out of this organization...just bring in a capable, more aggressive GM that will change the demeanor of this team. Bring in players who can lead and get rid of the dead weight. It really isn't a hard concept.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    I'm so tired of the excuses out of this organization...just bring in a capable, more aggressive GM that will change the demeanor of this team. Bring in players who can lead and get rid of the dead weight. It really isn't a hard concept.
                    DR has lived through how many changes above him? When allowed to do his job he is a smart GM...the problem is that he is not autonomous...he is a good soldier...cut the budget, he does. build a winner, he does. let CD and DB go, he does. sign miller, he does. Quinn gives the orders. Until Quinn is gone you can bring in a parade of GMs...nothing will change.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

DR has lived through how many changes above him? When allowed to do his job he is a smart GM...the problem is that he is not autonomous...he is a good soldier...cut the budget, he does. build a winner, he does. let CD and DB go, he does. sign miller, he does. Quinn gives the orders. Until Quinn is gone you can bring in a parade of GMs...nothing will change.
                      Though I agree that Quinn is a douchebag, I think too many fans give Regier a get out of jail free card. IMO, the guy did nothing to build this team for those two years, he just got lucky because of the lockout and then it disappeared. His history is more mediocre then it has been good...the win/loss record shows that. Even during those two great runs, he wasn't smart enough to add the extra pieces during the season to win a championship. I just don't think Regier is a very good GM. He has to go for this team to finally start bringing in different types of players.
                      Last edited by Nighthawk; 04-14-2009, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        Though I agree that Quinn is douchebag, I think too many fans give Regier a get out of jail free card. IMO, the guy did nothing to build this team for those two years, he just got lucky because of the lockout and then it disappeared. His history is more mediocre then it has been good...the win/loss record shows that. Even during those two great runs, he wasn't smart enough to add the extra pieces during the season to win a championship. I just don't think Regier is a very good GM. He has to go for this team to finally start bringing in different types of players.
                        I disagree...if he is let go he will not be out of work long.

Different players? As long as Quinn is here and hiring the GM this team will not be constructed differently, sorry. Why would Quinn change his philosophy?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Different players? As long as Quinn is here and hiring the GM this team will not be constructed differently, sorry. Why would Quinn change his philosophy?
                          I really don't care if he finds work quickly...he isn't that good of a GM. You're completely taking any blame off his shoulders and that is very foolish.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

No, he won't be out of a job long. But if keeps constructing soft teams with whatever he is "allowed" to do, then he won't win it all either.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Yeah Eb. I'm sure Quinn is telling Darcy to get the wimpiest weakest players that he can.

"But Darcy built the team that went to two conference championships a few years ago!"
                              Teams that didn't have enough to win in the playoffs because it didn't have enough toughness. In the next two years, besides losing CD and DB, they lost most of the toughness as well.

I would rather have Muckler back. At least he knows what it takes.

Comment

Working...
                              X