Miller says "be patient"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Miller says "be patient"

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
    Yeah Eb. I'm sure Quinn is telling Darcy to get the wimpiest weakest players that he can.

"But Darcy built the team that went to two conference championships a few years ago!"
    Teams that didn't have enough to win in the playoffs because it didn't have enough toughness. In the next two years, besides losing CD and DB, they lost most of the toughness as well.

I would rather have Muckler back. At least he knows what it takes.
    Exactly...too many people are giving him too much credit for falling into a team that was perfect for the game after the lockout. That is the #1 arguement and it just doesn't hold water.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Exactly...too many people are giving him too much credit for falling into a team that was perfect for the game after the lockout. That is the #1 arguement and it just doesn't hold water.
      He got a free pass by many last year. This year should show that he has not done enough to make the team better.

Comment

• rbochan
        Zamboni Driver
        • Jun 2008

Be patient?
        39 years isn't being patient??
        ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
        it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
          He got a free pass by many last year. This year should show that he has not done enough to make the team better.
          where did I say that we should keep DR? I said Quinn is the real problem. Soft? Come on. You don't make it to the NHL by being soft. Just because they don't run goalies or cheap shot somebody means something? BS. Score more goals. That is the only stat that counts.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            where did I say that we should keep DR? I said Quinn is the real problem. Soft? Come on. You don't make it to the NHL by being soft. Just because they don't run goalies or cheap shot somebody means something? BS. Score more goals. That is the only stat that counts.
            Soft because they ALLOW the other team to run your goalie and other players without hitting back as much. Soft because when the defensemen on the other teams move the puck, they aren't checked once in a while to get them to think. Soft because when many of our forwards go into a corner, they go in stick first to try to knock the puck away without going in with their whole body and taking a hit to make a play. No, it isn't about cheap shots and running the other goalies, it is about doing what is necessary sometimes to win, and doing it consistently, especially in the playoffs. I don't disagree that Quinn doesn't bear a lot of the responsibility, but Darcy let more players with toughness and "grit" leave than he brought in. Plus, he has been here longer than Quinn.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Let's see...They made the Stanley Cup Finals in 75 and than in 99...99-75=24 years...So being 2009, we are scheduled back in 2023. I hope you guys are really patient.

Comment

Working...
              X