Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kelsay's On the trading block

Registered User SeatownBillsFan21's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Chris Kelsay's On the trading block

Most likely wont get any takers but he out there sound like we will be going DE at 11.

Allen Wilson, of The Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills have floated DE Chris Kelsay's name as a trade possibility, according to a league source.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Chris Kelsay's On the trading block

We are either rebuilding or bracing ourselves for something big. Stock piling draft picks to pull off a last minute trade. Peppers maybe or someone of that caliber...

You don't sign T.O to win now to rebuild... but all the trades....... Im baffled.
    I am The Batman.

kernowboy

If we draft a DE and with four under contract (Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Kelsay) one of them has to give and I think Kelsay is the odd man out, though Denney is not completely safe.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

how is getting rid of a guy that doesnt want to be here and getting some good draft picks (peters) and getting rid of a guy that should be a back up lineman (kelsay) and a 4th string receiver (parrish) make anyone think that we are rebuilding?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    how is getting rid of a guy that doesnt want to be here and getting some good draft picks (peters) and getting rid of a guy that should be a back up lineman (kelsay) and a 4th string receiver (parrish) make anyone think that we are rebuilding?
    Because anytime you stock pile draft picks by trading players out for them, youre losing a player, and that spot will be filled by a draft pick. but not every rookie will come in and start and make a difference. so if we are relying on the draft, the notion that we are rebuilding sounds about right.

its just a thought.

Registered User SeatownBillsFan21's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont think we are rebuilding the FO has to know this team must compete this year or the fans just may turn on them get rid of him and stock pile some picks then trade up from 28 to draft an impact type player who will see the field this year no more projects please.

only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow! Mitchell55's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If we are lucky we could maybe get some chicken wings for him. C'mon OBD, im hungry.

clumping platelets

Kelsay for Waters

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by clumping platelets
    Kelsay for Waters

More likely

Kelsay for Water

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i have a feeling a tony sheffler and a brian waters trade will be happening soon. and i think that we still take a LB at 11. we will get our DE (ayers or brown) after. even if we have to move up a spot or 2 in the first.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimbohastle51
    i have a feeling a tony sheffler and a brian waters trade will be happening soon. and i think that we still take a LB at 11. we will get our DE (ayers or brown) after. even if we have to move up a spot or 2 in the first.

On BB.com they said that on Sirus they were talking about Denver trading Sheffler and 18 to bills for 11.

Then we can get the Waters trade with the 3rd and possibly Henderson with a 4th if it is true.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell55
    On BB.com they said that on Sirus they were talking about Denver trading Sheffler and 18 to bills for 11.

Then we can get the Waters trade with the 3rd and possibly Henderson with a 4th if it is true.
    yep already have had a heard something about that sheffler thing, and waters will look good in blue and red!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimbohastle51
    yep already have had a heard something about that sheffler thing, and waters will look good in blue and red!

He would look horrible as a giant.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 3,559 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If that were true, I would do it in a heart beat.

clumping platelets

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    If that were true, I would do it in a heart beat.
    I think they would be giving up too much. That puts late 2nd-round value on Sheffler, who probably isn't worth that given his current situation. Plus, while it may be in the Bills interest to trade down a couple slots, I don't think they want to go down to #18. That is too far.

I do think there is a good chance Scheffler gets traded, as he still wants out of Denver (he isn't at team activites) and probably doesn't fit as well into their offense as Dan Graham does. He only has 1 year left on his rookie contract and will require a new contract (probably done as part of the trade). That limits his value.

I think the Bills would have a good shot of trading for Scheffler if they want him (and he would help Trent Edwards and their offense a great deal, as he would have a lot of room in the middle with Owens/Evans on the outside), but wouldn't have to give up that much. I think his value is closer to the 4th round (and the Bills have 2), maybe late 3rd at best.
    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 04-19-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

another 3rd round pick, and i be happy.

kernowboy

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    I think they would be giving up too much. That puts late 2nd-round value on Sheffler, who probably isn't worth that given his current situation. Plus, while it may be in the Bills interest to trade down a couple slots, I don't think they want to go down to #18. That is too far.

I do think there is a good chance Scheffler gets traded, as he still wants out of Denver (he isn't at team activites) and probably doesn't fit as well into their offense as Dan Graham does. He only has 1 year left on his rookie contract and will require a new contract (probably done as part of the trade). That limits his value.

I think the Bills would have a good shot of trading for Scheffler if they want him (and he would help Trent Edwards and their offense a great deal, as he would have a lot of room in the middle with Owens/Evans on the outside), but wouldn't have to give up that much. I think his value is closer to the 4th round (and the Bills have 2), maybe late 3rd at best.
    I think the Bills will be happy with the 18th

They will still have a chance at one of the LT guys like Britton or Beatty and it is also seemingly likely that someone like Everette Brown will fall.

The Broncos have two 3rds so its possible they'll include a 4th to sweeten the deal.

I would happily see the Bills trade #11 and #147 to the Broncos in return for #18, #114 and Tony Scheffler, as the team will have dealt with a need and still have three Day1 picks remaining for a DE, LB, and OT.

Even if they don't get any additional picks and its a straight R1 swap plus Scheffler, the Bills will wonder if they can get similar quality ready to start in the draft.

If they don't get Scheffler, one of their first 4 picks may go on a TE, and will be get the same quality at #75?

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just love all the activities we're having this offseason instead of the status quo approach in the past years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    I just love all the activities we're having this offseason instead of the status quo approach in the past years.
    It's exciting watching them give away our talent for trade picks so we can develop them and than not be able to keep them.

The circle of life at OBD.

"Draft em and trade em"!!

The Bills have less than a week to prove to me that there is something other than saving money that they are doing over there.

A trade for Scheffler actually would make me believe that. It would probably happen if Sanchez is sitting there when we come up.