• Oher

12 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oher, Smith, Everette or Ayers?

only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow! Mitchell55's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oher, Smith, Everette or Ayers?

Say these are our main choices. Do we go with the more talented OT who has work ethic problems, the safe T Oher, the speed rusher, or the slower but more effective rusher?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Oher, Smith, Everette or Ayers?

Oher is a monster, hes my pick.

kernowboy

How is Ayers the more effective rusher? Scout.com have Ayers rated the 20th best overall player, and Brown the 9th best overall player.

Ayers had 3.5 sacks in his last season, Brown had 13.5 sacks.

Smith has colossal work ethic and character issues whilst Oher has some pass protection issues, is weak and some have questioned his motivation to the point where they think he could have a high 'bust' risk.

It is Brown every day of the week ending in a 'y'. We can get as effective a tackle as Oher lower down, the fall off at DE is bigger.
    Last edited by kernowboy; 04-19-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd take Brown...then get a LB at #28 (if a guy falls) if not then I take the top center at #28.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I went with Oher. You don't lose your starting LT and not replace him. Bottom line is the DE class is weak while the OT class is pretty strong. The Bills need a situational rusher not a starter and you can get a situational guy in round two. The weakest link on the team right now is OL. The weakest part of this team is offense. You want to make this offense work you draft your OL early. OBD created the holes. I expect them to fill the holes. Oher is on top of the list of to draft. If Peters wasn't traded I could go for a DE first, but the thing is that he is gone you gotta go for what you need. The Bills set themselves up perfectly to get guys they need. OT, OG. You get the best players you can. Aligning yourself with those picks the best guys to get are Michael Oher and Alex Mack. Picks 11 and 28. No brainer. They come in and play right away. I expect Bell to get Walkers job in the near future.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kid mickey
    I went with Oher. You don't lose your starting LT and not replace him. Bottom line is the DE class is weak while the OT class is pretty strong. The Bills need a situational rusher not a starter and you can get a situational guy in round two. The weakest link on the team right now is OL. The weakest part of this team is offense. You want to make this offense work you draft your OL early. OBD created the holes. I expect them to fill the holes. Oher is on top of the list of to draft. If Peters wasn't traded I could go for a DE first, but the thing is that he is gone you gotta go for what you need. The Bills set themselves up perfectly to get guys they need. OT, OG. You get the best players you can. Aligning yourself with those picks the best guys to get are Michael Oher and Alex Mack. Picks 11 and 28. No brainer. They come in and play right away. I expect Bell to get Walkers job in the near future.
    You do realize that your statement backs up why you take one of the top DE's early...don't you?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    You do realize that your statement backs up why you take one of the top DE's early...don't you?
    hahahahahaha thats classic

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i would take Andre Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No actually it doesn't. The top 4 are guys who step in and play LT right away. The rest of the guys in this draft have to play RT before they even get a chance to move over and play LT. Last I checked we already got a guy like that in Bell. Oh and honestly when I say this years class of DE's is weak that means you can get guy in the second round that could potentially do what a DE in the first round could do. So with that said. You didn't show me up in any way. Honestly I think you just made yourself look stupid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Andre Smith but I dont think he makes it to us. Ill be happy with Oher.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No actually it doesn't. The top 4 are guys who step in and play LT right away. The rest of the guys in this draft have to play RT before they even get a chance to move over and play LT. Last I checked we already got a guy like that in Bell. Oh and honestly when I say this years class of DE's is weak that means you can get guy in the second round that could potentially do what a DE in the first round could do. So with that said. You didn't show me up in any way. Honestly I think you just made yourself look stupid.
    Actually, no, no I didn't. The draft is actually in reverse of what you said. Hey, but who am I "to show you up?"

kernowboy

Actually most scouts think that William Beatty, Jamon Meredith and Gerald Cadogan will be LT from Day1

Only Eben Britton might start on the right before swapping as he is not as fluid in his movement as the others.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
    Andre Smith but I dont think he makes it to us. Ill be happy with Oher.
    There are major questions about Oher's learning ability and his ability to play LT. Many are saying he looks more like a RT in the NFL and I don't see the Bills picking a RT that high. They're much better off waiting until the 2nd round to get one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Right buddy. Whatever you say. While there is a big gap between the top 4 tackles and all the other tackles available every defensive end in this draft has question marks. So enlighten me why is it that potentially 4 tackles could go top 10 and every DE being mentioned, besides Orakpo, is drafted anywhere from 9 to 32? Here I'll give you the answer. The talent is pretty much the same.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Everette Brown!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Michael Oher could be the best LT coming out in this draft. Wonder why he got an invite to Radio City? Gee I don't know. Guess the scouts who are in the know think he's got big time potential. Playing in the tough SEC and dominating might have something to do with it. Same thing with Andre Smith. The elite four. Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, and Michael Oher. I think the Bills know they can get one of them. Otherwise they wouldn't have traded Peters.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ha, ha, ha...your posts are entertaining.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I personally would be happy w/ any of these guys, and IMO, I think that 1 of these 4 guys will be our choice. With that said, I am a Oher supporter. I think this kid can step in, and help us out from day 1. If we don't get him though, I'd love to see us draft Robert Ayers.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ha, ha, ha...your posts are entertaining.
    Yep they are so entertaining. So true. So unbelievably true. Don't you worry though. I am sure the Bills will get a situational rusher with pick 28 or 42.
    Last edited by kid mickey; 04-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yep they are so entertaining. So true. So unbelievably true. Don't you worry though. I am sure the Bills will get a situational rusher with pick 28 or 42.
    Yep, you know everything...do you have the lottery numbers for this week?