X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Re: Patriots wanted Wood?

Honestly I don't buy into any of the crap. If the Pats wanted Wood the could of got Wood. Also it didn't matter if Minnesota didn't trade up for Oher. We weren't moving for him. Minnesota got spooked because we had Oher on the news the night before the draft. The only guy the Bills jumped for was Levitre. Guess they really wanted to get in on the action.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
      Well that is obviously untrue because they had him in their laps at 26 and traded out. I would have been fine with just getting Levitre in the 2nd because then we would have had Matthews at 28. Actually, I think I prefer that scenario.
      That really doesn't mean anything. The Patriots like to draft based on getting good value for a draft pick. As such, they likely felt Wood was an early 2nd rd pick. After all how often do 2 Centers go in rd 1? Not very often...and they likely never believed we would have taken him since they felt we had gotten a C already thru FA.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

It doesn't matter becuase Mike Schoop on WGR said Bill Belichick is a genius and every move he makes in the draft is a genius move, like drafting a long snapper in the 6th round, and whatever they do they do for a good reason because they are geniuses.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Buffalo. Strange, I thought. Needing a tackle with the loss of Jason Peters in trade to Philly, the Bills really liked Eben Britton (who, from the sound of things, really likes himself, as you'll see in Quote of the Week a few notes south of here), yet put a guard/tackle from Louisville, Eric Wood, over him in an upset ... I like Aaron Maybin, but he didn't have a long apprenticeship at Penn State, starting only a year ... Mystified they didn't take a tackle in eight picks over the weekend.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ALL D
            • Aug 2008

After Eric throws down his first great block and Trent is ready to take the next snap with his hands between Woods legs, will he say "nice wood"????

Comment

• bledslow
              • May 2004

urban legend--Peter king is a monster re-tard. Of all the insiders that was on weei(boston radio) the last week,this is the first iv'e heard of this. The pats have no need for this stiff of a player.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bledslow
                urban legend--Peter king is a monster re-tard. Of all the insiders that was on weei(boston radio) the last week,this is the first iv'e heard of this. The pats have no need for this stiff of a player.
                A stiff wood huh?

Comment

Working...
                X