Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Edwards on Sirius

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Trent Edwards on Sirius

Trent Edwards will be on Sirius NFL Radio with Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots today around 1 PM ET.

All-Pro Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Trent Edwards on Sirius

Is there a way to listen to Sirius online? Or do you need membership?

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You need a membership. I think you can purchase an online one onlu. Dont remember. Well worth the money to get Sirius. Commercial free and uncensored. Awesome. check out www.sirius.com

Registered User BuffaloBillsStampede's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One of the best investments I ever made was Sirius radio.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

loved them until i was charged 4999.00 For one month

and then they expected me to pay it before the month ends so i got huge interest

MUCK
    FIAMI

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Listened to the whole interview.

Not too much there, but said how good he thinks the offense can be with the addition of the new tight end.

Commented on Eric Wood adding a lot to the line.

They tried to bait him on the T.O. saga, but he said everything has been great with T.O.

They asked if Marshawn is starting to "get it" and he said he thinks he is from everything he has heard from Marshawn. Said he thinks Marshawn is changing as a person.

They talked about how we started off strong last year and started looking better again at the end of the season.

Trent commented on some turnovers specifically fumbles he needs to work on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

he needed to work on being a quarterback that didnt suck last year.. from the cleveland game on, he was pretty unimpressive after his injury, bar the san diego game. He almost didnt even look like the same qb to be honest. i hope he snaps out of that ****.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think he will plaus remember Peters was pretty awful last year so that certainly didn't help his return.

I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    he needed to work on being a quarterback that didnt suck last year.. from the cleveland game on, he was pretty unimpressive after his injury, bar the san diego game. He almost didnt even look like the same qb to be honest. i hope he snaps out of that ****.
    He played well against the Chiefs and the Broncos

Here to point out the obvious....

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

he needed to work on being a quarterback that didn't suck last year.. from the Cleveland game on, he was pretty unimpressive after his injury, bar the San Diego game. He almost didn't even look like the same QB to be honest. i hope he snaps out of that ****.

being that it was his 1st full year starting... and the "reed" effect was in play I think he will.

there are some positives to Edwards QB play last year that many have chosen to forget.

• He helped the Bill maintain a positive time of possession last year, and the Bills had their best ratio in regards to the time the O was on the field compared to the D in a long time.
    • He was much more effective at sustaining drives then his predecessor
    • He made significantly less mistakes then his predecessor
    • He did bring himself out of his funk before the end of season.
    • He still had decent stats overall for a young QB on weak Bills team with few dependable weapons.
    I really am not worried about Trent. I feel he will continue to get better for the next few years. He Will also continue to be efficient, and he will keep us in ball games.

In comparison to whom has QB'd for the Bills for the last 10 + years, I saw things in Trent that has alluded Bills QB's since Kelly...

We just have to let him develope and grow and deal with growing pains some.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 04-28-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

With the new weapons Trent has this year I'm expecting his numbers to be......

3500+ yards
    24+ TD passes
    15- INT

Time to put up or shut up! If he does fail at least the new QB we bring in will have some weapons to work with.
    You can call me streetkings

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This offense has too many weapons this season. If Trent doen't perform it is all on him.
    I am The Batman.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
    He played well against the Chiefs and the Broncos
    thats what i was thinking...then again...it was the chiefs and the broncos...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just hope that 100% of Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than 80% of Trent Edwards or Edwards will be too pressured to play through injuries and those injuries won't heal and his performance will seriously suffer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i thought he played ok against the chiefs and broncos.. but not great.. and like dutchman said.. it was the chiefs and the broncos.. both very bad defenses.

that being said.. i think trent CAN get much bette.. and i am obviously hopng he WILL be much better.. but with all the weapons he has.. if he doesnt throw more than 20 tds.. it is time to draft another qb and try again.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsWin
    This offense has too many weapons this season. If Trent doen't perform it is all on him.
    I agree he's loaded with weapons, but the ability of the offensive line to protect him will be a factor.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i thought he played ok against the chiefs and broncos.. but not great.. and like dutchman said.. it was the chiefs and the broncos.. both very bad defenses.

that being said.. i think trent CAN get much bette.. and i am obviously hopng he WILL be much better.. but with all the weapons he has.. if he doesnt throw more than 20 tds.. it is time to draft another qb and try again.
    I see it happening that way too. If Trent doesnt improve significantly in his 3rd year, and assuming our defense doesnt carry this team, -I see the following things happening:

1. another losing record for the Bills
    2. bye bye Dickie
    3. new coaching regime
    4. new QB brought in (which is usually the case with new regimes).

So it's now or never for Trent (and Jauron).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Trent has the ability to succeed. I can also see Edwards getting two more years (including 2009) to prove himself, even if a new regime is brought in.

That being said, if Edwards stinks then I'd be a big fan of drafting Jevan Snead out of Ole Miss. He took them from nothing to a pretty big bowl win, and I believe they run a pro-style offense down there.

I do believe that it can click with Edwards though. He really showed something in some of the games last season. Everyone points to the Cleveland game, but I thought he did a pretty damn good job of not losing it completely after throwing three quick INT's. He helped put Buffalo in a spot to win that game. We will certainly have to see.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The good news is that next year's draft is STOCKED with some great QB talent, and I think we have built a pretty deep and talented team, such that maybe all it takes is a first round QB and a first teir OT to protect that signal caller to push the Bills into the big time. Of course, then you are relying on a rookie and that starts a whole mess of problems. hmmmm... I guess the best you can hope for is that this is the year. I hate Dick Jauron, but if he brought this team to the playoffs this year Id say 1-2 more years of dicking around wouldn't be that bad. the team has been built bottom to top since marv became GM then left the position. This IS afterall a nice core of players and even if you add more talent, you have some of the best and most talented young depth in the league... So I can most definetly see the Bills as a powerhouse in the near future, but that all depends on who is the QB for that time frame... Trent has the tools in my opinion, but hes running out of chances to proove himself. dont you agree?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually, I don't agree. Edwards has shown a lot more of the necessary 'intangibles' in a year and a half, than JP did in 5. Providing he still progresses this year, I see no reason to think he will not become an NFL QB for years to come. You do not need to think in terms of booting him out unless he regresses, like Losman did. Then, fair enough. Personally I don't see that happening. What I can see occurring, is a decent progression, that will have some people calling for his head, simply because he isn't showing HOF ability.
    Somewhere along the line, to creat a winning team, you actually have to start backing some of the key players in it.
    Just because the Falcons got lucky with Ryan, doesn't mean everyone else will.
    Think 'exception that proves the rule'.
    You can mention Flacco if you like, but he was a product of a scary D in Baltimore, and actually was asked to do very little, which then exposed him when they hit the playoffs.